Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

tha's me before i started my apprenticeship @ Shaolin monastery in Istanbul last year (j/k)

istanbul_1.jpg

Went on a little walk today.  I planned to hike down to the shoreline, but the slope down to the ocean was terrible, dense scrub and there were more houses around than I thought.  Rural australians aren't too keen on trespassers, and besides I was standing near a pile of bones when I made my decision to turn around.  I'm pretty sure they weren't human, but not 100%  crazy_o.gif

03.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Here's a wider shot taken in automatic mode, to show just how crap my camera is when taking landscape/distance shots.  Granted it was a brightly lit midday shot, so the burnout can be expected, but at 1/500th shutter speed, it shouldn't be this blurry. It's certainly starting to show its age.

My camera sucks.com

The manual controls are too tedious to use on the C-3000Z, and forget about the manual focus, it's impossible.  Every photo session puts me one step closer to a new camera purchase.

Anybody know what those plants are called with the huge stems?  It's entirely strange, looks like an expensive garden plant, but size factor 10.  I was standing in the middle of a thicket of these, thinking it would be about right to see some dinosaurs walk into the scene, when something nearby got spooked and went running away.  I couldn't see what but it make a racket.

Hmmm looks like you are shooting against the light on the landscape picture earl, which may or may not be the camera's fault. Also if your camera allows you try and mess with the whitebalance in landscapes.

Edit: Also if you shoot your pictures as RAW files on the camera there is a really neat developing tool called silkypix you can get here The english is a bit "Very Engrish" but that program is great! smile_o.gif

Anybody know what those plants are called with the huge stems? It's entirely strange, looks like an expensive garden plant, but size factor 10. I was standing in the middle of a thicket of these, thinking it would be about right to see some dinosaurs walk into the scene, when something nearby got spooked and went running away. I couldn't see what but it make a racket.

looks like a sycamore tree to me, but i don't know, in down under they've got a bunch of plants and animals you can't see here.

Here are a couple I shot recently.

This one was shot with a D70s, using a 50mm f/1.8 lens:

Trainc.jpg

this was shot a few days alter, D70s, 300mm f/4, cropped:

full moon.jpg

gtm.jpg

this shot was taken in the Mountains on a boat..

and i also edited it photoshop cs2 as u can see to make it look nice..

Edit: also ive just got my new pro camera and im going to be taken many pictures of my home area and Wildlife and Pictures of my adventures.. i cant wait to take more pictures...  nener.gif

Well I caved in and bought a EOS 350D with a 1gb Ultra II compactflash card. Man is this camera fun biggrin_o.gif Now to find something fun stuff to take pictures of!

I've been playing with my dads eso 350d while he is away, the photos are amazing, though the 300mm lens is a bit much crazy_o.gif

This is what he got:

Canon EOS350D

55mm lens

200mm lens

300 mm lens

Battery grip

1gb memory card

and a carrying case for just over Å1000

Makes my camera look so bad sad_o.gif

I've been playing with my dads eso 350d while he is away, the photos are amazing, though the 300mm lens is a bit much crazy_o.gif

This is what he got:

Canon EOS350D

55mm lens

200mm lens

300 mm lens

Battery grip

1gb memory card

and a carrying case for just over Å1000

Makes my camera look so bad sad_o.gif

does anyone know whether such a battery grip is worth the buy or not?

It doubles the battery life but it adds a fair bit off wieght.

My only problem with it is that he took my video camera's battery to put in it confused_o.gif

It doubles the battery life but it adds a fair bit off wieght.

Added weight is not so bad for the 350 if you use a larger lens. The camera house is very light so the whole thing tends to be a bit front-heavy and unbalanced with larger lenses.

Anyway, a few assorted pics:

eos16.jpg

eos17.jpg

eos18.jpg

eos19.jpg

eos20.jpg

eos21.jpg

denoir, are you trying to tell us that you got laid?

1. buy her flowers

2. buy her wine

3. take her to romantic place

4. take shower

5. do some "bees and flowers"

6. try to put everything together

tounge2.gif