Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

at the airport museum. Serbians are very patriotic and proud people.

Consequently the first items you see at the museum are a Stealth, an F18 (I think) and a german drone that they shot down during their war with NATO. Quite impious one may say!

426f4cc96059b.jpg

426f4cea0393c.jpg

426f54b3d2475.jpg

426f4d72b5ccc.jpg

Cluster bomb

426f4cdb9af1c.jpg

high tech flight simulator! ;)

426f4d809128c.jpg

hehehe you can say what you want about nationalisme and bad taste but their pbb the first museum outside of the US to have a F-117 in their collection, well atleast parts of it biggrin_o.gif and its not an F-18 Hornet, thats a navy bird. But its a F-16 Falcon smile_o.gif Pbb a C/D model as it looks like american stencilling on the tail bit they have laying about.

very interesting shots, albert smile_o.gif

i had a video where they show off parts of this f-117. it was linked somewhere on this forum...

Nice pics Albert smile_o.gif

Here are a few shots I took in Visby last weekend. Visby is a little medieval town on the island of Gotland (the big island between the Swedish mainland and the Baltic states)

Ruins of a monestary that was abandoned in the 16th cenutry when Sweden converted to protestantism:

visby1.jpg

What is a bit interesting about the wall system is that it was not to protect the people inside against external enemies. It built by Germans and Danes who were inside the walls as protection against the pesky Swedish peasants that lived on the island:

visby2.jpg

visby3.jpg

visby4.jpg

visby6.jpg

visby5.jpg

What a shame, all of those pretty military vehicles sitting outside and rotting.

Here's something on the other side of the spectrum... at military vehicle meet in Lodi, CA...

www.tacticalblunder.com/wall1.jpg (1280x1024) Ford GP

What is a bit interesting about the wall system is that it was not to protect the people inside against external enemies. It built by Germans and Danes who were inside the walls as protection against the pesky Swedish peasants that lived on the island:

Nice pics. But half of the town's population was the island's natives now-Swedish Gutar, the other half was Germans.

Back from a few days of local vacationing.

In Caesarea, chariot races continue at the local Herodian hippodrome.

0504280254fd.th.jpg

In the British Mandate prison at Acco (Acre), the Queen's English is out of site, out of mind.

0504280464ih.th.jpg

The city of Acco is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. What they've dug up there in the last 20 years from the Crusader and Mamluke periods is amazing! The last time we were here years ago, we didn't see any of this.

And they've stopped digging further for the time being, which would lead them to ruins from Acco's biblical period.

0504280566vv.th.jpg

0504280524sc.th.jpg

Did you know that Napoleon was here? Big booboo! ghostface.gif

0504280686py.th.jpg

The port of Acco. You can see part of the original defensive wall in the right background of the pic.

0504280725ft.th.jpg

Right on the ocean border between Israel and Lebanon is a place called Rosh Hanikra. Here nature has taken its time to creat grottos within the mountainside. You have to go down via cable car to get to them.

0504280952cn.th.jpg

Never too far away offshore is an Israel naval patrol.

0504281061lc.th.jpg

Above the grottos, there used to be a railway line from the British Mandate, cutting right through the mountain. It was used for getting supplies down south during WWII to fight against the Nazis. The line went as far north as Turkey and beyond. The tunnel's still there, along with some remaining rails and ties. However, it's been sealed up tight since 1948.

0504281117dw.th.jpg

Further east, along the border mountain range is an arch in the mountainside, where people like to risk hospitalization.

0504281346vz.th.jpg

that

EDIT: Pics taken by Mr. Avon, with a Canon Powershot S70. Minor editing and reduction resizing done.

DSCF0108_big.jpg

DSCF0113_big.jpg

DSCF0115_big.jpg

DSCF0117_big.jpg

Those were taken between Emporia, KS and Wichita, KS, and haven't been edited. smile_o.gif

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Those three were taken @ Wright Patterson AFB.

DSCF0003_filter1.jpg

This was taken at the airport in Kansas City, and was obviously edited.

DSCF0036.jpg

Also Wright Patterson.

DSCF0045.jpg

St Louis, MO

DSCF0057.jpg

St Louis

DSCF0087.jpg

Wright Patterson

DSCF0093.jpg

Wright Patterson

DSCF0102.jpg

St Louis

DSCF0130.jpg

Wright Patterson

computer1.jpg

New server I just bought

(Dell SC1420 w/ 1 2.8 ghz Xeon w/ EM64T, 512 MB-upgradable to 12 gb, and w/ 1 80 gb SATA).

computer2.jpg

computer3.jpg

I have higher res/lower compressions versions of all the pics I just posted as well as a lot more that don't look as nice. Just email me if you want some of them. smile_o.gif

edit: About time I got over 2000 posts. biggrin_o.gif

Beautiful.

Though, strangely, first thing that comes into mind is big booom...

Well, sun itself is a nuclear reactor so...

Really nice pics there.

Guess who the ugly bastard on the left is. Had just climbed over 1000 meters of sheer glacier for 6 hours, and had this photo from the summit (5900 odd meters - 19000 odd feet)

stupidbstardattop5ov.jpg

Hey All

Havent posted in a while so here are a few randoms...

Murawai Beach, 1/2 an hour from my house...

Murawai-LO.jpg

Murawai-2-LO.jpg

Maori-Bay-Paragliding-LO.jpg

Maori-Bay-Nurawai-LO.jpg

Some pictures from Ardeche France, when I was on vacation there:

Hmmm wine

dsc011390gs.th.jpg

Some nature shots, the area over there was called "Petit Nice" (small Nice)

dsc011584ir.th.jpg

dsc011651xl.th.jpg

The little town of Ruoms:

dsc011744ig.th.jpg

The town of Vallon Pont d'Arc

dsc011886wg.th.jpg

dsc011970sd.th.jpg

Beautiful place to visit smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Fixed link.

This is James Reid from a band called The Feelers, One of the bands i work for...

James-Reid-lo.jpg