Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Great blue hues, Denoir. Especially that last pic... it almost looks like you're on the seabed watching waves break overhead.

Hehe, well, I think it mostly is related to my camera having some very strange ideas of what the white balance should be. The first picture is unedited and on the third one I just equalized the histogram.

The real view had more of a grayish quality than blue.

Quote[/b] ]Makes me miss winter. sad_o.gif

Want to trade places? I would certainly not mind some Floridian weather right now. Not to mention daylight. I'm pretty much an outdoorsy type and four hours of daylight doesn't sit too well with me. Sure, winter can be nice, but for the most part, it's just dark.

@brgnorway - great pictures! What kind of hardware do you use?

---

Some deers in the woods:

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

Difficult to capture properly without optical zoom.

ah, animals!

i have optical zoom and took some photos. just yesterday.

i'll post some later today.

our winter is coming soon... with a bit more than 4 daylight hours a day. we already had some snow weeks ago.

as my turtle is hybernating i got bored (j/k) and took some photos of other animals.

tomtits:

125_2586001001.jpg

enlarge!

125_2547001001.jpg

enlarge!

this one is darker but sharp... (too short exposure time but you saw the effect of a longer exposure time. we need more sunlight!)

125_2596001001.jpg

enlarge!

modern air combat... err... crazy_o.gif

125_2569001001.jpg

enlarge!

i happened to hear a woodpecker when i left to go to school... damn, i was late! but i was lucky, it sat in the sun.

125_2520001001.jpg

enlarge!

125_2516001001.jpg

enlarge!

Quote[/b] ]@brgnorway - great pictures!

Thanks mate - same to you!

Quote[/b] ]What kind of hardware do you use?

It's a cheapo camera I'm afraid and (Fujifilm Q1) a pain to use. I always have to take several pics of the same object and change the white balance for every picture just to make sure I get at least one pic I'm satisfied with. It's difficult to capture the "light" the way I want and the lcd screen is so tiny I have problems seing anything at all biggrin_o.gif

Because I do a lot of digital video editing I chose to invest in a digital movie camera instead of an SLR Nikon

Great pics all.. Beautiful landscapes and a few animals. Here's another side of life (or at least me)..

The crazy finn within me... prkl

llauma_grejsi.jpg

Great pics all.. Beautiful landscapes and a few animals. Here's another side of life (or at least me)..

The crazy finn within me... prkl

That is indeed scary - Dr. LIauma and Mr. Hyde!

Denpir & brgnorway watch your filesizes please smile_o.gif

Great to see this thread's still going strong and picking up new interest, some great shots here lately smile_o.gif. I see some people posting pics of their winter's first snow - Ottawa just got it's first significant snowfall today:

firstsnow_1.jpg

And I haven't seen a decent beach in half a decade - and havent swam in one in over a full freaking decade sad_o.gif

This is an unacceptable standard of existence. The UN should do something about this... (New charity program: "Everyone Deserves a picinic on the beach")

Move to NZ mate smile_o.gif I have over 50 beaches within 60 min drive...

nice pics, tovarish. especially the bridges!

are these animals squirrels?

This is an unacceptable standard of existence. The UN should do something about this... (New charity program: "Everyone Deserves a picinic on the beach")

Tell me about it, I'm a Cuban living north of the 49th parallel....it's goddamned unnatural! I used to swim in the ocean every other day when I was a kid.

Quote[/b] ]are these animals squirrels?

Yep. When I took the pics I didn't realize they would come out looking so black. Maybe I should have fired the flash.

Tell me about it, I'm a Cuban living north of the 49th parallel....it's goddamned unnatural! I used to swim in the ocean every other day when I was a kid.

I also miss good swimming, but not coming from Cuba of course... it's a big change in your lifestyle and health isn't it.

(look on the bright side, unemployment is up)

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]are these animals squirrels?

Yep. When I took the pics I didn't realize they would come out looking so black. Maybe I should have fired the flash.

Newsflash for Tovarish: they are _black_ squirrels tounge_o.gif

Actually in Europe I remember at least half the squrrels being redish/brown, never seen even one like that here.

Actually in Europe I remember at least half the squrrels being redish/brown, never seen even one like that here.

Yepp, our squirrels look like this:

Ekorre.jpg

Well, we are invaded not only by Gringo culture but their damned imperialistic squirrels. And it's no joke!

The tradgedy is that the yankee squirrel is larger and stronger than the endemic one and it's carrying a deadly virus seriously affecting the endemic one. The real danger is that it pushes the europeic squirrels out of it's natural habitat. In most places in England, Wales and I believe Scotland too the endemic squirrel is almost extinct - and there's no "I'll be back" this time.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned this......

Link here

Newsflash for Tovarish: they are _black_ squirrels tounge_o.gif

Yes, but when I was looking at them they werent pitch black like they came out in the pictures - you could see their eyes, noses, there were variations of shade throughout their bodies

Quote[/b] ]Actually in Europe I remember at least half the squrrels being redish/brown, never seen even one like that here.

You mean like this?

pic_0001small.jpg

Plenty of those here too....