Sign in to follow this  
walker

Who runs the wars?

Hi John_Q

You seem not to understand the purpose of the electoral college.

The electoral college votes on the decision of their state electorate; not on their own political viewpoint. They are selected by that process.

Whichever party slate wins the most popular votes in the State becomes that State's Electors-so that, in effect, whichever presidential ticket gets the most popular votes in a State wins all the Electors of that State. (The two exceptions to this are Maine and Nebraska where two Electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and the remainder by the popular vote within each Congressional district).

In other words the Florida vote if not fixed would have chosen electors from the democratic slate. Meaning all 25 votes would have gone to the the democrats.

Could I be more clear?

It's called the "electoral college". Learn about it.

Kind Regards Walker

Indeed John_Q. There is nothing to be gained by long before an election randomly removing a number of voters. If what is claimed in the flash animation is true, it still can't be more than a mistake from those that made the lists.

The flaw of the election was on a higher level:

1) The electoral system is unfair as it does not give a correct representation of the demography.

2) The supreme justices should not be allowed to have a political opinion or they should not be allowed to rule in matters where politics is involved. (The decision to forbid the count of the Palm Springs votes was outright criminal)

Greg Palast´s Election 2000 report

Quote[/b] ]PALAST: Altogether, it looks like this cost the Democrats about 22,000 votes in Florida, which George Bush won by only 537 votes.

in my opinion it is obvious that bush had lost his 537 wining votes in florida if the other 22,000 were taken into account...just think about it 22,000  crazy_o.gif

edit:

Gosh I hate repeating myself.
Quote[/b] ]It's called the "electoral college". Learn about it.

tounge_o.gif

@mr.walker

Quote[/b] ]Share value went down from 11 dollars I think it was to 3 dollars. I think Dodgy Dick Cheyney just got out of the shares in time.

No trouble for Haliburton... current share price is appprox. 30/share, Cheney should have held onto it and I should have bought some when it dropped.:p

Concerning the decline and recovery pls see:

<a href="http://www.pollkatz.homestead.com/halliburton.html" target="_blank">

Haliburton's Foibles</a>

Gosh I hate repeating myself.
Quote[/b] ]It's called the "electoral college". Learn about it.

tounge_o.gif

Hi Mr Burns

Lol biggrin_o.gif

Argh! You Ugh! got me... ghostface.gif

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]1) The electoral system is unfair as it does not give a correct representation of the demography.

No system is fair unless 100% of the voters actually vote tounge_o.gif . How many voted in 2000? Maybe 40% of the population?

Quote[/b] ]The decision to forbid the count of the Palm Springs votes was outright criminal)

If the people want their votes to be counted, then they can fill out the ballot correctly. If they can't master the concept of punching a hole through paper, then they don't get to vote.

Quote[/b] ]In other words the Florida vote if not fixed would have chosen electors from the democratic slate. Meaning all 25 votes would have gone to the the democrats.

ARE YOU A BLOODY MIND READER?!? How could you possibly be able to say that these people were destined to vote for the Democrats?

Hi John_Q

I will try to make it simple for you.

The political parties (or independent candidates) in each State submit to the State's chief election official a list of individuals pledged to their candidate for president and equal in number to the State's electoral vote. Usually, the major political parties select these individuals either in their State party conventions or through appointment by their State party leaders while third parties and independent candidates merely designate theirs.

In other words if the Florida vote had not been fixed all the members of the Florida electoral college would have been individuals pledged to the democratic candidate for president and chosen by the democratic party. I dont need to read minds I leave that to you.

There would not have been any Republican Slate members of the Florida electoral college to vote republican. None, Nada, not a one.

You have a constitution in America may I respectfuly suggest you read it.

Kind Regards Walker

Hi all

As you may have seen: I have censored some of my posts.

The reason for this is that the posts contained links to files that in themselves were perfectly acceptable but were on a site where more disturbing images and film were available a few clicks away.

While the site itself and even the disturbing content were used in context and used by the site for a good and honourable pupose in reporting things that are wrong in Iraq and else where; they were never the less graphic and disturbing.

I will endevour to find a location for the same files that does not also contain the disturbing images and films.

For those who have already followed the links I gave and then via those links clicked on to other links where the disturbing images and films were. I give my unreserved apologies and point out only that it was not my intention they be upset by the images and that I did not post the links knowing the disturbing content existed on the site.

Once again my apologies Ian Walker

Seems fine to me. I am sure the Mods will understand.

Personally I think 'indirect' links to a site that may contain pictures not allowed on this forum are unstoppable. Images and videos of businessmen advertising weapons ( which to me is obscene ) are linked to often on these forums...

Quote[/b] ]No system is fair unless 100% of the voters actually vote . How many voted in 2000? Maybe 40% of the population?

Its fair if all 100% have the option to vote. If then 60% chose not to, its their choice. But its still fair.

Quote[/b] ]No system is fair unless 100% of the voters actually vote . How many voted in 2000? Maybe 40% of the population?

Its fair if all 100% have the option to vote. If then 60% chose not to, its their choice. But its still fair.

Correct me if im wrong, but aren't convicted felons forbidden to vote?

Hi all

I think the misaligned butterfly voter papers John_Q and others mention while wrong in themselves are in fact a red herring that covers a far more disturbing fact.

Since I can not at the moment link to the video for reasons I already explained.

I will state the facts

In 1998

The Republican-Dominated Legislature Passes a "Reform" Law to eliminate ineligable voters. Choicepoint/DBT are hired by the state to do the Job. This is the first time that a state has handed over the regulation of voter rolls to a private corporation.

Prominent Republican Frank Borman was Chairman of the Board at DBT. A board Shared with Ken Langone, Bernie Marcus, Howard Safir and Vin Weber all GOP verterans.

Next we see Katherine Harris, Secretary of State, Election Supervisor and eventualy head of the Bush presidential campaign in Florida; in 1999 DBT gave Harris a list of 8,000 fellons to scrub from the voters register.

Harris wanted more so Harris expanded the list to include voters who shared the same Birthday with these fellons. Harris wanted more so Harris expanded the list to include voters who shared the same surname with these fellons.

With these criterion DBT now gave Harris a list of 58,000 Florida voters. Harris ordered all of those be removed from the voter roll without verification of the accuracy of the list.DBT itself admited a 15% error rate that is 8,700 voters; Gore "Lost" by only 537 votes.

Since then independant investigators have discovered the list is 95% plain wrong. That means 55,100 Florida voters were Disenfranchised by the the Head of the Bush Campaign in Florida.

So for this is Harris in Jail? Is she Censured? Is she dismissed? No She is Congresswoman Katherine Harris Elected in 2002 by the very rules she set.

Hope you like your "Representative Democracy" America.

WAKE UP AMERICA THE ENEMY IS IN YOUR HOUSE!

Kind Regards Walker

Hi all

Quote[/b] ]Pentagon to Probe Halliburton Unit for Alleged Fraud in Iraq Deals
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn....r=email

The troubled Halliburton, Vice President Dodgy Dick Cheney's former firm, continues to be in the courts. It now has almost as many court cases against it as it has Directors.

What with accusations of share price fixes, fraud and the cost of its Asbestos claims the firm has cost its share owners dearly.

I expect it to go the way of Exon.

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]Correct me if im wrong, but aren't convicted felons forbidden to vote?

Think its like that in some states. However, my point was that a system isnt unfair just because people chose not to vote.

And it isnt unfair about felons not voting either, really. They have a choice to comitt a crime or not, after all smile_o.gif

And it isnt unfair about felons not voting either, really. They have a choice to comitt a crime or not, after all smile_o.gif

True, but something they may have done yesterday might be legal tomorrow. wink_o.gif

that video is crazy. The US should recheck their conflict of interest laws....

question for you all smarties hehe

So did the US pull out all the army from Saudi cuz they got iraq? That is the impression I got, but I am not sure

Hi all

More news on the company that is set to make billions from the Iraq war.

This company runs the US and yet no big media there dares talk about them.

http://www.counterpunch.com/stclair05222004.html

Find out about this company americans they own your presidency.

Kind Regards Walker

Farkin' realmedia.

I wanted to see it. However not bad enough to install realplayer.