Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

Angus, was just curious when the next WGL updated version does come out will most of the bugs from the previous version be fixed, especially for some of the RES/EAST units which I cannot be certain to name all of them, but when selecting for example the Insurgent Resistance Sniper or other units cause OFP to crash to the desktop. I've only found this true with the Resistance and East units, all the West units are fine. I'm guessing this is caused by some of them either being buggy, or not in existence? Please let me know, thanks

Any chance of fixing the spigot missle on the bmp2. It flies like a spastic bug, up and down until it crashes short of the target. Or advise on how to shoot would be good to. Teh tow system works great in wgl3

MarineMEU: Yeah all of those have been taken care of. They were all because of certain classes carrying too many magazines (i.e. 11 magazines in 10 magazine spaces). So that has been handled.

Gunterlund: Thanks for the info on the BMP1 and BMP2. I have to admit that I fixed this just last night while I was going through the private beta looking for bugs on each vehicle, one by one. It has been fixed and is now nice and easy to fly like the TOW. Actually it's a little easier since it flies a little slower. We've also made adjustements to the TOW that will give it a longer range of 1900 or so (was 1400). It also flies a lot closer to the point of aim. THis is because we've changed all the ATGMs to have constant thrust throughout the entire flight. THis was not the case before and most only had a few seconds of thrust. I think most people will be very happy with the changes. Acutally I can't think of a reason not to be.

Also just one last question regarding the next update, will the WGL Helos be able to use the ECP rotor downwash? By the way I love the burst fire control functions on your guy's helicopters, with the custom explosions. Thanks again

Angus

Thanks for the reply. Needless to say, the WGL pack has become my main pack for all missions because of the consistency between units. I get wonderful results during firefights. I really like the fact that the accuracy of all weapons has been tuned more towards real world so live players actually have a chance of survival against AI. Also having to actually aim and fly weapons all the way to targets if much more challenging. I hope you guys get the opportunity to "retool" other addons to match the WGL packs. Keep up the good work.

PS

The mortar and heavy machine gun system is the best anywhere.

also

Marine26 I agree with you the explosions in this pack are the most realistic. After watching the film of the mortar attack in Afghanistan over at @war the explosion and smoke is exactly like the real thing.... a puff of black smoke and thats it...no flame no nothing.... Great job WGL

We've added our own custom rotorwash to the pack in the next release. It's comparable to the ECP or BAS rotorwash in most ways. We've tried to put a unique spin on it that I'll leave til we release. But overall rotorwash is rotorwash in our book so long as it doesn't cause a big framerate hit, which we paid close attention to while making it.

Compatibility is probably going to go out the window because like ECP we'll be including our own custom game config, event scripting framework, and so on. We've made a lot of "under the hood" changes this release to unify our FX scripting across all the addon PBOs vehicle, men, weapon, and so on.

Gunter: we spent probably 3 weeks on the explosion FX alone. Not so much the coding of them, but the part where we perfected them over long nights of sitting and doing nothing but firing at the ground on Desert Island. Actually, I guess that makes us a little obsessive.

Hrm, are there any chances of the regular soldier models changing into the ones recently released by Hyk? (used his addon tag in lack of knowledge how to spell his nick) With a little editing I am sure they would be perfect, but the models already in the pack work fine aswell I suppose.

I am looking forward to the next version, and hopefully I'll catch some MP with it aswell  smile_o.gif

in the next pack, could you make like a huge city, like one half is city and other half is forest

Hi,

i've read through a lot of comments but did not find what i'm looking for, so i try to post my problem here, sorry if it's already solved some pages before.

Everytime i start the mod with any addons installed all my untis are invisible. All i see are the shadows. I use the GOTY-Edition Version 1.96 and ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility.

When i start without addons all works fine...

Does anyone know this problem and how to solve it?

Thanx and bye,

ElRoodie