Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

i just cant get my shell hit on the rgr place sad_o.gif (just miss a little)

can anyone plz tell me the calculation format??

We, [sWAF] also have this very good addon pack installed on our server Euro2 at > 80.78.226.45 :2300

Sweet, I'll stop by later. Thanks Bonko. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]QUESTION: How do I use the mortar fire control system?

ANSWER: There's no short answer to this but here's a simple little explanation. Believe me this is the simplest we

could explain it. There's lots of tips and stuff but you'll have to figure those out yourself.

1. In the action menu go to "Fire Control"

2. The azimuth and elevation are enterable in military standard mils. The Fire Control system is based around plotting the position of the gun and the target. It will then do all the hard math for you and give you something to start with.

3. First you need to do a "gun plot". To do this click the button that says "G" and it will flash "click map location of gun"

4. Switch to your map view and do a long single-click on the map where your mortar is located. The more accurate the better.

5. Now you need to plot the target. Back in the fire control dialog click the "T" button. And

it will flash "click map location of target"

6. Switch to your map view and do a long single-click on the map where your target is located.

7. Back in the fire control system you will be given lots of information. The important stuff is this....

8. G-T (bottom left) is your azimuth to target.

9. Your range will be listed just right of G-T.

10. The firing data listed in the center of the dialog will tell you elevations (in mils) for certain ranges (rounded to nearest 100 meters).

11. Do a little basic math to calculate the exact elevation info. Add, subtract, divide, multiply.

12. Enter your azimuth and elevation into the boxes (top left)

13. IMPORTANT: You must click the "Target" button to align the mortar tube to the azimuth and elevation every time you change the numbers !!! You can also hit your Enter key.

14. Click the "Fire" button to fire.

OTHER NOTES

The "O" button is for plotting the location of your Observer. This is for the technical people among us and not absolutely necessary to firing accurately which is why I won't cover it here in great depth.

You can plot new targets by clicking the "T" button and repeating steps. You do not need to replot the gun each time you want to fire at a new target.

The mortar tube actually has an invisible AI gunner. Sometimes the gunner will get confused and "look around" with the barrel. If you fire during this time it will still be on target. The way the AI gunner is looking around doesn't make anything less accurate. If it annoys you though, disassemble and reassemble the tube.

When you assemble the mortar for the first time it will have a cranking sound that gets annoying. It will do this until you type in an azimuth and elevation and hit Target. I usually type in 10 and 1000 just so it stops making the noise (and because it's easy to type).

The mortars are very accurate.

The max range of the mortars are:

M224 60-mm Mortar - 2000 meters

M29 81-mm Mortar - 3800 meters

2B14 82-mm Mortar - 3300 meters

Edited by AngusHeaf on Jan. 30 2004,14:00

We are having trouble in MP games with a missing Vit_BMP message while we run WGL and MTCO together, can someone check on this as well? I think MTCO and WGL BMP's dont like each other :\

While making a mission I was inserting units on the Resistance side, by the time I had added several FIA units to the make individually, then when I ran the mission the game all of a sudden exited to the desktop without any warning. This is true of some East Russian infantry units, which exact ones I'm not sure. But I tested all of the West US units and no problems there, just thought this should be addressed. Seeing as how there are many variation of FIA and East units it would take me some time to go through each and everyone which I normally don't have the time for. Was curious if anyone else noticed this. Thanks

well, it happent for me too sometimes, but usually with east or west AA soldiers...

but i get a "Bad p3d format" error

and it also happens when i use the UCE/JAM troops

vit_bmp

Quote[/b] ]Angus  (8:38 PM) :

it's a problem with VIT's apc stuff conflicting with MTCO, not WGL

Chaos [RR]  (8:38 PM) :

rgr

Angus  (8:38 PM) :

it needs to be taken off the server

or at least disabled

@ Feb. 29 2004,04:37)]vit_bmp
Quote[/b] ]Angus  (8:38 PM) :

it's a problem with VIT's apc stuff conflicting with MTCO, not WGL

Chaos [RR]  (8:38 PM) :

rgr

it needs to be taken off the server

or at least disabled

ok, we will check on that, txs

From every Wednesday on, Rocks Raiders would like to invite both the WG and non-WG community out to The Citadel to play a rotation of Wargame maps using the most recent version of the WG addon pack.

I'm going to try to get a wide range of maps going, ranging from the basic c&h to the always fun a&d.

So come out to the Citadel Wednesdays and we'll get some good matches going at 2130 EST. Lets get a full house and play the WG maps like they were supposed to be played!

The Citadel can be easily reached by entering the "the.citadel.us" (no quotation marks) or 69.56.169.34 in the Remote field in your in-game browser.

Hope to see you guys there.

Minor Correction:

IP of the citadel is:

the-citadel.us

Thanks Reap!

WGL Addons 4.0 due out in 2 weeks!

Does anyone know of any fast mirrors that are hosting v. 3 or the addon? Both that I've tried seem quite slow for me.

I did pick up v.2 though and I'm quite impressed. I look forward to v. 4

Stolen from Angus's desk deep in the bowels of WGL R&D!!

Quote[/b] ]WGL ADDON 4.0 PACK STUFF CHANGES ETC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ New: Custom WGL interface for OFP

+ Tweak: All BIS islands now use true 6 digit military grids

+ New: Titan island now uses true 6 digit military grid

+ Added: Proximity fused mortars to all size mortars (airburst at 6-10m)

+ Fixed: Rucksack radios don't drop mag on ground

+ Fixed: Newer rucksacks don't drop mag on ground

+ Tweak: Script that allows AI to be commanded to use rucksack items in SP

+ Tweak: Rezero standard barrett to 600m

+ Added: 300m zeroed barrett

+ Removed: Hissing sound on grenades

+ Tweaked: Can throw grenades a little farther

+ Tweaked: Jiblet that triggers grenade explosions to be invisible

+ Fixed: CTD when using 2 resistance machinegunner classes

+ Removed: Scripts for hiddenselections for SF (helmets)

+ Removed: Scripts for hiddenselections for Rangers (helmets)

+ Removed: Scripts for hiddenselections for VDV (helmets)

+ Added: Proximity fused mortar ammo to carrier vehicles

+ Added: Binoculars now zoom

+ Added: Binoculars now have M19 binocular reticle

+ Tweaked: NVGs now with less static and wider field of view

+ Added: Radar-less versions of all AAA vehicles (in addition to existing)

+ Removed: Muzzleflashes from SD weapon ironsights

+ Fixed: Mysterous non-disappearing jiblets after glow on rotary HE

+ Fixed: M2 and Mk19 hummers missing interior roof piece

+ Added: Barrett style dust on autocannon firing (bmp, m2, etc)

+ Fixed: De-lagged destroyed armor smoke FX so it doesn't run thicker with more clients

+ Tweak: Made handgrenades stronger and have a bigger radius

+ Tweak: M203 and VOG25 grenades now with bigger radius

+ Tweak: A10 and SU25 now lose less speed through corners, better flight dynamics

+ Added: High detail replacement compass with easy to read numbers (and larger overall)

+ Added FX: Smoke screening fx

+ Added FX: Airburst mortar fx

+ Added FX: FFAR impact (add center plume)

+ Added FX: Claymore explosion

+ Added FX: Satchel explosion

+ Added FX: Mine explosion

+ Fixed: New mine and satchel icons

+ Fixed: AT4 rocket icon stretched

+ Added: Laser designator to weapons on Apache

+ Tweak: LD now uses 1 inventory space to fix no-ammo in MP bug

+ Tweak: CfgCloudlets for game made obsolete by WGL FX scripting

+ Fixed: RPG7 ruck missing icon

+ Fixed: WGLEvents vehicleFX not always being triggered due to distance from unit

+ Tweak: Adjust volume of chopper startup sequences

+ Added: A-10 and SU-25 pre-flight checklist

+ Tweak: Volume of SD weapon firing (now quieter)

+ Added: A-10 and SU-25 angle of attack warning

+ Added: A-10 and SU-25 altitude warning

+ Fixed: Glowing white LOD on SVD

+ Fixed: Strange glowing strip on BMPK

STUFF PUSHED BACK TO POST 4.x or 5.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ All new A10 model

+ New hybrid BIS M2A2 and M3A2 models

+ New hybrid BIS M6 model

+ New SU25 loadout (realistic)

+ Updated and additional A10 loadouts

+ Mk82 high-drag ballute bombs

+ G-force simulation FX including grunting, breathing, and blackout during prolonged high-G manuevers

+ Manual flares from A10

+ Remake ironsights

+ SU25 with updated loadout

+ Camo versions of all the regular soldier faces

+ BAS OH58 Hellfire + FFAR

+ Retracting landing gear for HIND and V80

+ Replace basic US grunt with BoH grunts?

+ Custom bridges for Titan?

Dunno how I got out with this alive smile_o.gif

This update is exciting news. I use this addon more than any other. Keep up the great work.

Titan island?rock.gif

is that in wgl 3.0? i cant find it (and i´m quite sure i got the right version....)

or is that something that will come in 4.0?

Im gettin a load of script related error messages, like when i put a static m2, i get an error message and have no ammo. or when i try and deploy a mortar or m2 base a get a error message. All these seem to be script related. is anyone else getting this, or should i just re-download?

read the readme, it tells you want you need to do first (readme and FAQ in the OFP root directory)

Long time no post.... Here's an update, sorry for the lack of timeliness and lack of posts from me in particular. I'm a bit of a reclusive developer, I get up, work on my business stuff I need to do to pay the bills then I spend the rest of my waking hours (well ok not all of them) working on the pack with the few people I work with directly. Hell other people in my squad rarely hear from me....but I digress...

We've been hard at work on the pack and addressing every issue we have time to address. Another season of WG (the league) is about to begin and it looks like Tuesday will be the release date for WG 4.0. That mortar deploy error (the one from the russian mortar) has been fixed btw. The MG however is supposed to start without ammo after being assembled. You will need to load it up and get it going.

Tomorrow I'm going to be sending out some PR info about what we're addressing with this release. The short story is that we've focused mainly on fixing bugs and refining our scripts and functions. It's a bit of an interim build but that doesn't mean we don't have a lot of changes as usual. Here's a sampler of the bigger changes/additions....

- A new config.bin for the game that starts to integrate WGL stuff directly with the rest of OFP (or vice versa). We're in the early stages but we're already well past where some other *hehe* config projects are. Little friendly competition never killed anyone!  smile_o.gif

- A new island called "Titan" will be introduced with the pack. Phaeden and I have joined forces to produce another island because we're both insane. The island is in early beta stage and most definitely a work in progress. I and the rest of the WG team feels that there isn't much point to toiling over huge projects and not letting people play on it for a year when the community is small and everyone wants to actually *gasp* play not just wait. The focus will be on strategic (instead of tactical) combat, or at least over larger scale terrain. Gaia did close tactical engagements very well and we think this does combined arms at 1500-2000m view very well. I run my system on a 1Ghz Athlon w/GF4 Ti4200, which I use as a relatively low benchmark. The island runs flawlessly over 80% of it at 1500 view.

- A new sky by Phaeden. It's brand new and absolutely gorgeous (if you ask me of course). It's designed to compliment a variety of islands and does so with Titan very well.

- More FX functions and scripts. We've added a rotor downwash because who doesn't have a rotor downwash script nowadays? Plus we put our unique WG realism spin on it. We think it will be interesting.

- I've added proximity bursting mortars to all of the mortar sizes. These burst between 6-8m above the ground. Why is this important? Because you can hit infantry much better with frag when it's coming from above in hilly terrain.

There's lots of other things that I'll post about tomorrow when I have more time. For now I leave you good people with the following two screenshots from the northern part of Titan. Like I said, work in progress but very playable already...

NOTE: Both screenshots were taken using my own computer with the above-mentioned specs. I like to present the island as it's likely to be seen. These shots are with my current playing settings. Nothing too fancy. Very low terrain detail, no fsaa or anything new-agey. What you see there is what you get. Sorry about the gamma, if it's too dark I can lighten it up a bit.

wgl_titan_01.jpg

wgl_titan_02.jpg

I just realized the gamma for those pics was WAY dark. So I've updated the pics a bit so at least now the ground isn't jet black, which was incredibly annoying.