Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

How could I replace the units in the original flashpoint campaign with the wgl pack troops models and weapons and tanks etc? (Goal is to play the old campaign with the new models)

Think it has something to do with some config file, but I think youd need all the soldierfilenames and weaponnames and such...I dont really see those in the wgl readme...

Has anyone done this before?

@googler

You need to unpbo the config pbo´s from wgl pack to find the classnames.

Then you have to find a config.cpp that you can edit (or make one using pbo_decryptor13 and a hexeditor, its a mess I cant recommend it...). Go for the ECP dev config.cpp. Its excellent.

When you edit, make sure to save the config.cpp often and check that its working. If not you dont know where you done anything wrong.. Start with changing one soldier. Use ccp2bin to make the config.bin.

Hope it helped..

hey thanks im playing aroundwith it

btw:

I didnt see the HALO jump mentioned in the wgl demo...how does one do it? Didnt I read in the faq that its in there?

I just downloaded the 2.5 fix...the smoke and stuff are back now....now there is a problem with all the deployable weapons....they dont work at all.

still great work.

yeh, the deployable weapons bug is known, but still, Im much happier with the damage values tweaked, makes the game much more enjoyable

edit: meh i cant type today, more typos than you can shake a stick at! sad_o.gif

Didnt it say in the documentation that you could do a HALO jump?

How does that work?

Bugs, bugs and bugs:

1.Shifting to other uniform when go out of car.

2.Don't see my self in the BMP3 or BTR tanks.

3.GAIA Island lags as hell.

4.The moblie SAM don't shoot.

5.Aircrafts crashing when they start in ¨FLYING¨.

6.AI can't handle the mortars.

Its not perfect yet. And this mod is better in CTI games.

6.AI can't handle the mortars.

Its not perfect yet. And this mod is better in CTI games.

Thats because its designed for Multi-Player (league) gaming...

there is accully 2 more patchs for this MOD 2.50 and also 2.51 i no there will be another one as well im sure

ya can get the upgrade at citedel on OFP watch i do beleave biggrin_o.gif

Cool. Any mirrors though? I'm only getting 7k/sec from that server. rock.gifsmile_o.gif

do the mortars work?

mortars and some new goodies are kickass!

Edit: u just need to learn how to use mortars fire control and after that they are as deadly as an oversized sniper rifle biggrin_o.gif

Strange thing for me is that the mortars or at least the M224 doesn't work when trying to be deployed (could be all of them, haven't tried all just the M224). It displays a rather long error message at the top of my screen. The rest of the pack is perfect, just the mortar issue. The M2 deploys and fires fine. I guess my question would be since most of you aren't having problems is that is this a version issue? I have 1.94 running with ECP's latest version. Please let me know what you think, thanks

I get the same error running just wgl and no additional addons on 1.94, Buddy deploys the base, I deploy the tube and get an error and the mortar vanishes

if you have upgraded try removing TACTevents.pbo from the WGL folder also Angus is realeasing it to public soon i linked it up tho sorry angus biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

With tactevents.pbo removed, I still get this error after First deploying the base, then trying to Mount the Tube:

Mortar-Error.jpg

you guys didnt read the readme then i see...

copied from te readme:

Quote[/b] ]QUESTION: How do I setup a mortar so that I can use it in my mission?

ANSWER: The process is somewhat involved but if you follow the steps listed below you shouldn't

have any/many problems with it. Do the following...

1. First you will need a civilian AI placed somewhere out of harm's way on your mission. Put

him on an island somewhere, or just very far away.

2. Name the civilian AI... WGLMortDummy

3. In the init line of the AI put... WGLMortDummyGrp = this;

4. Make sure the civilian AI isnt playable

5. Next count how many mortars you want to be in the mission. If you have enough pieces in a

crate to make 1 M224 60-mm mortar and 2 M29 81-mm mortars that's 3 total. Another example, if

you have 3 mortar teams then those count as 3 mortars also.

6. In the mission editor you will need to create 1 manned (manned with AI gunners) mortar for

each mortar listed above. So sticking with our example, in the mission editor select the

following: West > WGL - Vehicles > M224 60mm Mortar.

7. Make sure that mortar is not playable

8. More the mortar to be within 50 meters of the civilian dummy named WGLMortDummy. The closer

the better.

9. Now repeat step 6 for each mortar you want available on your mission. Sticking with the

example above we would now need to place 2 M29 81mm Mortars onto the mission and move them

next to the civilian dummy.

10. For best results, make sure the mortars aren't grouped.

11. Copy the contents of the Description.ext file that was included with this pack. The file is

now located in your OFP folder.

12. Make sure your mission does not disable AI in the description.ext file.

...and if you shoot a mortar just right, you can hear it scream smile_o.gif

Mortars work fine, but you have to check the readme or try the mission WESTmortarstest to see how it's done.

The mission is your users\default\... - folder.

The FAQ readme is your OFP root-dir.