Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

well, even 900m is pretty respectable in OFP engagements (few squads vs same. ) Just wanted a ball park so I know where to place em. This will work great for small scale support assets. Still close enough to stay in contact, and with the limited targeting/correction capability (IE. Fire and guestimate corrections) leaves a little more room. 1 degree will not be so much as it would if the range were 9000m. smile_o.gif

i have a 1.3ghz GF4 and the game lags when i drive in a town alone how am i seposed to fight more then a soldier 1 on 1

or let alone a tank???

by the way wats a good pc for Flashpoint? i wana buy a new one  biggrin_o.gif

I'm debating when to release the patch. Right now there's a few things more I need to do to it but I also don't want to totally piss people off in the WG league with yet another patch. Though I guess the alternative is for them to play on versions that have a few leftover issues. I think a solid week is when I might release the patch at the earliest. God knows I don't want to release a patch and have some silly bug in there leftover.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but whenever a helicopter is used,very strange and eerie goings on happen ghostface.gif

If someone boards a chopper and starts up the engine, then takes off, well to anybody else, the chopper is flying without engine on or rotors turning...It's like everybody has to go through the visual elements of the preflight check. Server/client issue perhaps?

Yes the eerie levitating chopper issue is something I'm looking at fixing. A lot of people mistake the problem with lag, but happily it's just a bizarre visual thing.

nah, Skunkworks just finally put out a truly silent chopper. smile_o.gif

We need a black helicopters Mod. unclesam.giftounge_o.gif

Regarding the lag every 5 secs, I think it is unit dependent. Did you have any MT-LB's on the map?

Try testing it with just a single unit on map, drive/walk/fly for a few seconds, see if it occurs. I bet you it will be only certain units.

I've noticed another bug (sorry) :

The MI-8 is 'transparent', i.e all projectiles go through it sad_o.gif

You can't shoot it down, you can't shoot the pilot.

yeh i was wondering why my RPGs kept going through them this morning, still, good old satchels still work biggrin_o.gif

another thing, since last night when playing Airfield Bravo with Ex-Ronin, i can nolonger deploy morters, i can pick them up just fine, but now i no longer get the choice to place the baseplate for any of the morters... both MP and ME sad_o.gif

another thing, since last night when playing Airfield Bravo with Ex-Ronin, i can nolonger deploy morters, i can pick them up just fine, but now i no longer get the choice to place the baseplate for any of the morters... both MP and ME sad_o.gif

Are you implying I broke your mortars wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

only if you are biggrin_o.gif

but seriously, i reinstalled WGaddpack and tested again... they worked....once, i retried the mission, they no longer work again, repeated a 3rd time, they worked, when they worked it was when i started in the HMMVW morter carrier, if it starts empty it doesnt, if i start as a morter team (from groups menu) it works 50-50 rock.gif

im totally confused now, i dont know about you  crazy_o.gif

edit:

after doing some further testing, it seems to happen to only ranger squad leaders (for me atleast) other classes (that ive tested, not all yet... only riflemen, officers, normal rangers and morter crew all could)

so much for not throwing any spanners in the works eh?

Just a quick question : Once you've used all the ammo of the mounted ITOW (or AT-5 ), how do you reload it? I tried repacking it into the HMMWW, drove up to a ream truck and was expecting the rearm action to appear, but nothing. I tried deploying the depleted ITOW launcher next to the rearm truck, but still nothing. I tried deploying it near ammo boxes, but still no rearm option. How do you rearm it?

Regarding the lag every 5 secs, I think it is unit dependent. Did you have any MT-LB's on the map?

Try testing it with just a single unit on map, drive/walk/fly for a few seconds, see if it occurs. I bet you it will be only certain units.

Yep, I revisited the problem and thats the real issue, not the old graphics card.

Put a bunch of AA MT-LB:s on the map and you'll see it in action. Even "better" - place some SA-13:s from Mac&Maarfys APC pack. Stutterfest Extraordinaire crazy_o.gif

The same phenomenon can be seen if you have lots of DKM ADATS:es or Tunguskas around. The BKM SA-11 is another one. Put enough Shilkas in there, and you'll see it too. However, any given computer can take more Shilkas in a mission than SA-13/ADATS/Tunguskas before the stutter begins. That begs the question "why" and here's the answer:

In their config, the culprits most probably have very high values set in the irScanRange property. For some reason, I cannot extract the config from the apcrus.pbo addon so I cannot confirm it for the SA-13. However, many other AA/SAM addons have the same issues, which is why I eventually recognised the problem. To add insult to injury, they are using irScanRange which seems deprecated in Resistance. One ought to use irScanRangeMin and irScanRangeMax instead. To show an actual example: the normal BIS Shilka ("ZSU") has

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

irScanRangeMin=4000;

irScanRangeMax=10000;

From my own testing it seems that using those properties are more CPU efficient than having one large irScanRange value.

Now, I'd love to see the config of the apcrus.pbo... wink_o.gif

Talk to Tactician and see if he'll let you use his stuff.

is he registered on this forum ? I can't seem to find his name.

Yep, I revisited the problem and thats the real issue, not the old graphics card.

Put a bunch of AA MT-LB:s on the map and you'll see it in action. Even "better" - place some SA-13:s from Mac&Maarfys APC pack. Stutterfest Extraordinaire crazy_o.gif

The same phenomenon can be seen if you have lots of DKM ADATS:es or Tunguskas around. The BKM SA-11 is another one. Put enough Shilkas in there, and you'll see it too. However, any given computer can take more Shilkas in a mission than SA-13/ADATS/Tunguskas before the stutter begins. That begs the question "why" and here's the answer:

In their config, the culprits most probably have very high values set in the irScanRange property. For some reason, I cannot extract the config from the apcrus.pbo addon so I cannot confirm it for the SA-13. However, many other AA/SAM addons have the same issues, which is why I eventually recognised the problem.  To add insult to injury, they are using irScanRange which seems deprecated in Resistance. One ought to use irScanRangeMin and irScanRangeMax instead. To show an actual example: the normal BIS Shilka ("ZSU") has

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

irScanRangeMin=4000;

irScanRangeMax=10000;

From my own testing it seems that using those properties are more CPU efficient than having one large irScanRange value.

Now, I'd love to see the config of the apcrus.pbo...  wink_o.gif

Ah, so its actually the units, rather than the island, ok, fair enough.

But why does it happen with non-AA MT-LBs rock.gif

Ah, so its actually the units, rather than the island, ok, fair enough.

But why does it happen with non-AA MT-LBs rock.gif

Good question. I bet the answer lies in the elusive config of the MT-LB pack...

Of course, it may very well be a combination of the irScanRange* values and the fact that GAIA has a lot of discrete objects and that it affects whatever LOS calculations the OFP engine does for its radar functionality. This would mean that a barren island (the Desert Island, for example) wont be as "stuttery" as one with many objects. I havent tried this hypothesis yet, though.

To be continued...

*EDIT: Config quirk? Funny thing... Some SA-13:s defending, 3 x A10:s on a seek&destroy. Here's what happens:<ul>

[*] The original Sa-13 will engage airplanes no problem (MAF_SA_13)

[*] The WGL Sa-13b just sits there and gets whacked. Never seen it fire. (WGL_SA13)

[*] The MAF_SA_13 is noticeably heavier on the cpu.

Two little problems I have.

First:

AI engages enemy apcs/tanks with the static ITOW.

AI does not engange enemy apcs/tanks with the deployed ITOW.

Second:

When try to reloading the ITOW, I only can get 1 tow rocket.

I have a similar problem with the BIS M2A2, where I can get only 2 tow rockets.

---

MfG Lee rock.gif

First, Angus, I wanna say nice job. Excellent pack.

(been trying to post this for a while, but registration has taken a bit)

One little annoying thing is the TACTheartbeat thing, but as long as I don't use CoC Arty, it's ok.

I look forward to the league. You may see the DEVGRU Clan (www.devgru.org) registering soon.