Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

I found another bug whenever i get killed or shot an error message comes up and says tactheartbeat sound not found and the game freezes up. Its really annoying, does anyone have this problem too?

The TACTheartbeat thing will be fixed in the next version. That's a conflict with other addons, i.e. CoC_UA's first release. So try playing missions with only WGL addons, and it might work. Or just don't get shot ;)

Ahh, that's why I didn't see it.  Bad Tactician, Bad!

biggrin_o.gif

I don't know what the WGL cpp looks like, but the problem in UA is when two addons loaded in memory (and not necessarily loaded on a mission) have a cpp entry with the line:

sounds[]=...;

That causes trouble. If you think it's UA, go remove the two such lines in the cpp and recompile. Of course, there are other addons that do the same.

(and the simplest approach is to fix the WGL cpp yourself ;), though if it's a multiplayer controlled resource, that might cause some unpopularity on addon-checked servers )

I get a 'heads out roof position' with the cargo seats on the mounted Hummers.

Anyone else? Or is it a conflict?

Yep. I had this too!

BTW: Is there a chance to make this mod a bit more ECP friendly?

When you tell the gunner in the BTR-80 to switch to the KPVT, it says "SABOT!"...Small thing but nevertheless...Great addon pack smile_o.gif

The HMMWV issue is being resolved. I have confirmed the bug and am working to fix it (both m2 and mk19 hummers). For whatever reason players in cargo peak out of the top..... rather odd.

im really impressed by the mk19 hummer - is this a first for ofp? i heard it was kinda impossible...... biggrin_o.gif

You must be thinking of missile launchers on wheeled vehicles. That's the thing that's 'impossible'...

actually, Using scripts you could, but its not possible to have it physically fire from the gun

The HMMWV issue is being resolved. I have confirmed the bug and am working to fix it (both m2 and mk19 hummers). For whatever reason players in cargo peak out of the top..... rather odd.

Thanks mate.

Yes the Mk19 is a first for OFP. It's impossible to fire grenades or missiles or actulaly anything other than bullets from a wheeled vehicle in OFP. But with some config magics I managed to get it to work out ok. And yes it's actually being fired from the gun and there's no scripts involved. As for being a pioneer....I don't know of any other Mk19 hummers even in the works besides BAS's and we're not done with those yet. Hehe.

Looks like you are not only talented... ghostface.gif

Hey I love your pack, but when i was using the americans it took me like 3-6 hits just to kill one of your ruskies. Another thing I found is after I saved my game and then loaded it, the soldiers (us) helmets would dissapear.

Angus? Are you a fellow Scotsman?!!! biggrin_o.gif

OK, I am digressing from the main topic! Nice work.

<wishful_thinking>

If you ever feel like doing some zombies...

</wishful_thinking>

Scott

Not sure if metioned or not: Static NSV has no ammo. (The one under armor.)

Also thought the reload time of the M2/Mk19 in the HMMWV was quite long (~20 seconds) Not sure if Mk19's are more difficult to reload than the .50, but 20 seconds seems quite long, unless the amm can was burried under stuff in the back. smile_o.gif

Otherwise, great pack! Between this, and FDF mod, nice to have portable "heavy" weapons!

One question WRT the mortar. What is it's min/max range? Hoping to incorporate this in my LAN gaming sessions, and would save a whole lot of trial and error, using precious time that could otherwise be used for actual gaming. smile_o.gif (Read, lazy... biggrin_o.gif)

Loving the 'smoking gun' effects.

I think the reload times are true to r/l as they asked those who use them in r/l.

russia does not have any mi-28's in their fleet yet, at least they aren't using them yet. they ordered 50 or 60 a year ago...

Anyone have an idea why any mission I make and play on GAIA produces a masssive one second lag every 5 seconds? Even when no WGL addons are used?

The browning (m2) machinegun reload time is 12 seconds and the mk19 reload is currently at 30 seconds. Reload times claimed by military personnel seem to vary by at least 50% depending on how big the person's balls are (only a noob would reload that slow! or... well that's the army guys, us marines reload it twice as fast). But rest assured I took a nice varied sampling.

-------------------------

The mortars right now are limited to 900m because of OFP and the way they are configured. I can tell you that very soon, in the next patch (whenever that may be) you will be seeing completely redone mortars that have ranges from 2000-5000 meters. The mortar system for aiming and and firing will also be substantially different. The fantastic news is that I've enlisted the expert help of Dinger from CoC to lend his vast experience (and wealth of mortar/artillery scripts) to the project. In the end we'll end up with a very realistic mortar system in many many ways.

-----------------------

Crew weapons (nsv, m2, m224, m29, 2b14, ags17) all start empty. You will need to load them with an ammo bearer or someone with a rucksack and the proper magazines.

-----------------------

Smoke gun FX come to us courtesy of Tactician. A fantastic bit of scripting I must admit.

-----------------------

In other good news.... We have fixed the limitation where in MP only the person who builds the crew weapon can load it. Believe me I had nothing to do with it, so thank Dinger. I did however attempt valiantly to break his scripts in the classic Angus fashion. Hehe.

Ahh glad to hear the news, Angus smile_o.gif

Especially that the crew served weapons bug has been fixed, that's excellent news and I can't wait for this new mortar smile_o.gif

Umm not being too anxious here but when will this new version with bugs fixed be released? And will it be a full d/ld again or a patch ?

Because i might be going today to a Internet cafe to d/ld this pack from a high speed connection. i dont wanna d/ld this again ... so will there be a patch next time or a full d/ld?

/Fingers crossed let it be a patch plz biggrin_o.gif

Anyone have an idea why any mission I make and play on GAIA produces a masssive one second lag every 5 seconds? Even when no WGL addons are used?

I've experienced this too. What I have (all WGL versions of the addons):<ul>[*]4 x T80 roaming about an airfield

[*] 2 AD batteries consisting of 4 x ZU-23-2:s and a MTLB-ZU23

[*] A flight of two WGL Thunderbolts en route to seek-and-destroy the area, beginning about 6 km away from the poor tanks.

The symptom: a sort of "fps pulsing" or periodic stuttering occurs almost from the start. The period of those low-fps stutters is in the order of a few seconds.

Room for optimization/quirk fixing? Or could it be my XP1900+ and the neolithic 32 MB GF2 GTS showing its age tounge_o.gif

Bn880 was experiencing the "1 second lag exactly every 5 seconds."

It's Windows Explorer of all things. Dunno how he fixed it...

It's undoubtably the fact that you're using a GF2 GTS. I used to use that same card before I upgraded to a GF4. The processor isn't as big of a deal to OFP it seems. I say this because I play just fine on a 1ghz Athlon, so clearly the graphics have a lot more to do with your speed than anything.

It's undoubtably the fact that you're using a GF2 GTS. I used to use that same card before I upgraded to a GF4. The processor isn't as big of a deal to OFP it seems. I say this because I play just fine on a 1ghz Athlon, so clearly the graphics have a lot more to do with your speed than anything.

Thanks Angus. I sort of suspected it. I believe its running out of texture memory and we all know how good most VIA based motherboards are when you actually put a real load on them... (AGP texturing, heavy I/O and whatnot... sheesh)

Well, it was way overdue anyway. Tonal and Gaia are the proverbial nails in the coffin for the old GF2 clunker... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Bn880 was experiencing the "1 second lag exactly every 5 seconds."

It's Windows Explorer of all things. Dunno how he fixed it...

Interesting... I'd like to know more about that. Bn880, get over here and tell all! smile_o.gif