Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

I don't know if any one else has this problem but when i'm in the editor and insert a res unit and click preview the game crashes to desktop. Other then that this pack kicks ass! Keeps up the good work!

I don't know if any one else has this problem but when i'm in the editor and insert a res unit and click preview the game crashes to desktop. Other then that this pack kicks ass! Keeps up the good work!

Yeah, except the only resistance unit that causes this on my computer is the Antitank soldier.

@ Dec. 14 2003,13:43)]Why does not the AH-64 got its own Laser Designator? It has in real life...

I was about to post the same thing.

So why doesn't it? rock.gif

@Milkman: They've done a sh*tload of high-quality work, big surprise that some things aren't 100% realistic and bug-free. Maybe in a future update... smile_o.gif

Just downloaded this addon! One of the best for OFP so far (and I know them all! wink_o.gif )

GREAT!

Some minor bugs but nothing severe.

-> At a distance the m249 skin is missing (i think)

@Milkman: They've done a sh*tload of high-quality work, big surprise that some things aren't 100% realistic and bug-free. Maybe in a future update... smile_o.gif

I understand that, but I am wondering why some things are left incomplete, is this on purpose? Big things like laser designators and not being able to tell your gunner to fire are just big problems for me. But as you say, maybe in future update. smile_o.gif

On the topic of JAM...

Big props to the guys who made JAM, but the decision was made to move away from JAM in order to do a bunch of custom things. For those new to the pack you don't this, but the last version was actually JAM compliant and used JAM everything.

1. We wanted to make our own bullets because we feel JAM bullets are unbalanced....

2. JAM recoils for a lot of ARs were too weak according to my military advisors...

3. We wanted to do our own sounds, though at the moment we're still using some JAM sounds...

4. We wanted some new options in magazines not in JAM (50rnd belts for M60 and M240)

---------------------

The mod is actually supposed to be in the timeframe from 1985-1991ish. This is why the M60 is used. It is also why the rangers still use the M16.

---------------------

One of my primary weapons advisors is an M60 assistant gunner who served for many years, and tells me that the M60 belts carried in the field are 50rnd sections (sure sometimes they're combined). To balance the fact that the M60 is such a beast I decided to stick with 50rnd belts so you atually have a chance for the gunner to run out of ammo and reload (so you can shoot back). I also have coordinated with actual soldiers in the field who fire these weapons on the recoils. And the M60, M240, M249, PKM are all accurately recoiling. Machinegunners are feared in real life for a reason. And that reason isn't because they'll spray at you for 300 rounds and not hit ya.

---------------------

The laserdesignator on the Apache is mostly useless in multiplayer as it turns out. Just like the Kiowa. For some reason the laser designators on choppers don't work in multiplayer (they work in single) so I may or may not include the LD on the apache in the future. If anyone knows how to fix the LD issue on choppers let me know. I am however planning on making an Apache Longbow that will have the radar turned on and a few more features. It will also have the dome.....just as soon as I can model it and stick it onto the Apache. Heh.

---------------------

Unfinished things.... Things were left less than 100% for one reason: Deadline. The pack is public, but it's also a required addon for a league I help run. And the league's season is starting in a week, so people needed the addon and they needed it playable. The pack is not perfect but it is highly playable. The pack will also probably never be done and will see versions like 5, 6, 7, etc. Who knows. But either way, I'm always working on the pack and adding things to it, so if something isn't done or included now, it may very well be included in the not-so-distant future.

P.S. If any of you havent gathered as much by my constant use of the word "multiplayer" then let me clarify... The pack is primarily designed for team vs. team play with actual humans involved. Now I know people play coop and I do too sometimes, so I have tried to keep an eye towards whether things will work with AI. However, because the pack is likely to see the highest use (on a daily basis) in my multiplayer league (www.virtual-wars.com btw) I'm not that concerned about AI at the moment.

Does this also mean no High Dispersion weapons?

If you have the possibilty to include HD magazines for the players to add themselves, that would make a great pack even greater

HD weapons might be coming in the future. How high the dispersion is sort of depends on a lot of factors. I've given it some thought and when I get some other features done in the pack I'll take a look at HD.

You say you might make an Apache Longbow... What would you give the Russians to balance this? The only radar equipped attack chopper I know of that they use is the MI-28...

See how my works always ends up doubling? Oof.

Actually I've just done a bit more research and the AH-64D Longbow wasn't even in serious testing until 1997. So it seems that it's beyond the scope of my project, which is to include things up to about 1992-ish. Actually, by that right I should remove the Ka-50 since even now it's not in widespread use. The Havoc, being brand new, is of course out of the question.

I'm going to download this beast right now biggrin_o.gif

Oh yes.

I wish I could get a decent game in multiplayer one day btw.

It's a pitty that it does not run with ECP. Well, it does run but it does not show any ECP effects! Anyone else experiencing this?

Wouldn't want to sound repetitive, but the pack is simply great, astounding, excellent, plus some other superlatives...

Really looking forward to the release of the manual, there's bound to be tons of stuff I haven't explored yet.

One thing I was very excited about were the modular weaponsystems, i.e. the HMGs and mortars. Especially the fact that a seperate ammobearer is necessary to belt-feed the MG appealed to me. I've tested it, and it works fine in SP (though a bit cumbersome) but in MP nothing happened after loading the mag. I heard someone say that it's a client-server issue and that player A cannot fire bullets loaded by player B. Is that true? Is this going to be addressed?

regards,

Xawery

See how my works always ends up doubling? Oof.

Actually I've just done a bit more research and the AH-64D Longbow wasn't even in serious testing until 1997. So it seems that it's beyond the scope of my project, which is to include things up to about 1992-ish. Actually, by that right I should remove the Ka-50 since even now it's not in widespread use. The Havoc, being brand new, is of course out of the question.

Yeah I don't know why the Hokum was even put in OFP :-/

Lol it was still basically on the drawing boards at the time OFP is set :P

Yes, I added this pack and crash within 30 seconds of flying around in the GAIAEIIEIE island.. I think it uses more memory than my system is prepared to allow it but that other resouce-intensive-lag-beast Tonal doesn't crash. crazy_o.gif

I don't have any problems of that sort...I only crashed once because of the invalid crew for Resistance tanks, but that was fixed in the 2.01 patch.

sounds nice... but I'm not willing to dl 120 mb without seeing in screenshots what its about. Someone please post some screenshots.

This is excellent addon-pack, it's combining everything I have usually had to collect in order to get the realistic and best quality addons to OFP. And at the same time adding some more 'good stuff' and one hell of an island smile_o.gif Thank you all the creators of this pack for your efforts and time spent giving us something so great!

On the negative side I'm experiencing crashes to desktop. Usually if it's giving some error message it's saying out of memory? i dunno, maybe I'll try to reinstall OFP first. It also could be something with OFP having problems with video cards with 256MB memory.

I get a 'heads out roof position' with the cargo seats on the mounted Hummers.

Anyone else? Or is it a conflict?