Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

Is there a complete Weapon, vehicle, and unit class names list somewhere i can use for mission editing? rock.gif

I dont think it came with the pack, unless i deleted it by accident, so if someone could give me a link or post it here that would be much appreciated  biggrin_o.gif

Looks okay, Angus, like you spent a lot of time tweaking the numbers.

As for it "not working with UA", I took a look at it, and it works fine (although the shellfly sound sounds terrible when attached to artillery).

The only issue is that we don't have a standard for OnMapSingleClick usage, so every addon that uses it tends to "step on" the others.

(well, except UA, but nobody's asked us what our standard is biggrin_o.gif )

Angus, come up on IRC when you get a chance.

Very, very nice addpak AngusHeaf! I love it! biggrin_o.gif

I hate to say this but there´s this small thing.. I would really like to see the (I)TOW missile targeting adjusted a bit if it´s possible. As of now the missile don´t seem follow the gunsight quite right. I don´t think you are supposed to lead the target with the gunsight with a (I)TOW missile. You just have to keep the crosshair on the target as it moves and the missile will (hopefully) hit. I think it´s very cool that you can steer the missile and it makes it a lot more fun and realistic than just lock and shoot. But it´s very hard to hit a moving tank as it is now since you have to consider the targets speed and distance and try to figure out how much to lead the target (the things you´re supposed to have the missile guidance system help the gunner with) with the crosshair.

Would be really cool to have a TOW 2B in the addpak too with the fly-over, shoot-down technology but i guess that´s maybe just to much to ask for.. smile_o.gif

How does the CAS thingywork I do everything but no explosions come sad_o.gif I know I'm stupid, I even put planes on the map sad_o.gif

The player-guided missiles are something I tweaked for weeks and tested for as long. The crazy thing about OFP is that when you start to bump the maneuverability numbers any higher than what I have you start to get problems. An example of the problem can be seen in the Bastion missile fired by the BMP3. Jump into a BMP3 and fire at something without locking and try to hand-guide the missile. You'll see the crazy outcome with the missile doing huge up/down movements no matter how slowly and precisely you move your hand.

That missile is actually locable, so the maneuverability can be turned up higher (which it is) than the hand-guided missiles (it's all in the numbers, it doesn't feel much more manueverable though). However, the number is too high for handguiding and this is somewhat intentional because I expect people to lock and fire. So my point is that I can't really adjust the TOW any better than what I have. Granted there might be a chance that I can, but I've already spent WEEKS on it and have better things to do.

------------------

CAS Target creates an invisible target for pilots to attack via tab-lock or radar-lock (in the case of jets) so they can use it as a target for dumb bombs. I didn't do something correctly though and AI don't seem to target it correctly. If you instruct them to attack i they just fly over it and look angry, but don't fire. I need to find someone slightly more knowledgable than mysefl to help me fix this.

------------

UA compatibility. On my list of things to do is to port UA, or tweak UA, in such a way that it is suitable for the pack. Right now I've heard from folks that UA's rounds are a bit underpowered. I already thought this was the case during the testing of UA and know thta it was something that was done intensionally and for good reason. However I think it wouldn't take much to adjust things into the "WarGames Standard" if you will. So needless to say, I'm looking into it for the future.

This whole addon pack (mod) is awesome. The only real bug that shows up other then the ones mentioned are with Lasers GRU Spetznaz units. Whenever just walking or standing their chests inflate, making it look somewhat odd. I noticed this problem when downloading his units separately awhile ago from ofp.cz. Also with all the East VDV units, all share the same face. But other then these minor things this pack is badass. Thanks again for making another reason why OFP RES is the most modular and kickass game.

In the next version would it be possible to add deployable camo-nets to conceal the weapons that you can set up? It might be hard to do but it would be very good for concealing those bulky brownings smile_o.gif

This whole addon pack (mod) is awesome.  The only real bug that shows up other then the ones mentioned are with Lasers GRU Spetznaz units.  Whenever just walking or standing their chests inflate, making it look somewhat odd.  I noticed this problem when downloading his units separately awhile ago from ofp.cz.  Also with all the East VDV units, all share the same face.   But other then these minor things this pack is badass.  Thanks again for making another reason why OFP RES is the most modular and kickass game.

Do you have the dog addon? For some reason there is a conflict between GRU Spetsnaz and the dog. Remove the dog addon and it should work.

I think the same face on the VDV is because it use to have a "Camo Face" action but when removed it just pasted it on there.

Do you have the dog addon? For some reason there is a conflict between GRU Spetsnaz and the dog. Remove the dog addon and it should work.

Pffft...Stupid bitch causing problems

Ok, removed the dog and haven't had any inflating units yet! Also wanted to mention how awesome it is to have the ability to set up mgs and mortars using a 2-3 man team. I was wondering if you guys were thinking about helping the Invasion 1944 guys on this. Because they tried the same idea with the MG42 and Browning 1914s, but the units are only able to haul the static tripod, mg, but without the ability to actually set it up and fire them. That's one of the first things I noticed especially in this addon pack. Thanks for the help.

Please explain how to call reinforcements as it says you can with the radio and inserstion point?

When you call for reinforcements, it changes the respawn point, to where you are when you called ( in MP games ). One of the advantages of this is, if you're spawn is under attack, then you can simply move it, although I must admit I'm not sure what the usefulness of this is, as most if not all maps have spawn protection zones implemented rock.gif But I'm sure there are other reasons why this could be really useful smile_o.gif

Alright, so I am sitting in my M1A1 HA, and a T-72A shows up. I tell my gunner to target the tank, he does, then I tell him to fire, and guess what, it won't let me tell him to fire. I tried manual fire to no avail. Every Human tank commander in every tank cannot tell the gunner to fire, why is that?

ok... it took 6 hours to download 120mb on my poor 56k.. and this pack has some potential.. but there are certain things i just dont understand with this either... starting up these choppers in mp must be a real pain in the ass...

Y didnt u give the rangers m4's? lol... and wat is LSRP?

ok... it took 6 hours to download 120mb on my poor 56k.. and this pack has some potential.. but there are certain things i just dont understand with this either... starting up these choppers in mp must be a real pain in the ass...

Y didnt u give the rangers m4's? lol... and wat is LSRP?

It's not a 'pain in the ass' if realism is what you're after, and this pack was designed with realism in mind so if you don't like it, don't use it wink_o.gif

If a 60 second startup script ruins your 30-45 minute game (and you only have to do it once a game) then you need to snag some Ritalin for that ADD. Hehe.

Insertion point is helpful mostly in tournament play, where even a huge spawn zone is either still not enough to keep the spawn controlling at bay, or where a huge spawn zone is just impractical. It's something you need to script into the mission though and something I added in for the future.

LRSD = Long Range Surveilence Detachment = i.e. recon

Not sure what's up with the tank commanders. Dunno what the problem with that would be but i will take a look. Sorry about any issues with ai....right now they're backseat to regular players.

Had to pull the links for WG 2.01 Addpak and Patch from the Citadel FTP.

We have hit 500GB of bandwidth on the Citadel and its only December 14th. We have a 750GB limit, and normally only use 150-200GB/month. I will keep the remaining 250GB reserved to insure the game server/teamspeak have enough left for the remainder of the month.

Sorry, but its a question of economics. wink_o.gif

Wow, this is a really GREAT pack! smile_o.gif

That said, it's so huge in scope that it seems a bit unfinished and inconsistent in some places.

For example: Missing LODs on M249 with scope and M60.

The explosion sound of a rifle grenade can barely be heard.

More groups would be nice.

I know someone will object, but it would be really nice if this was JAMed. smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work! smile_o.gif

EDIT: Oh and the M60 is all wrong. sad_o.gif  It has way too little recoil making it a super-weapon, artificial-looking sights and a very small magazine. Plus the missing LOD. wink_o.gif  And is this supposed to be a present day mod? If so, the M60 isn't used anymore, and another thing, regular Army don't use the M84 Carl Gustav, just the rangers. smile_o.gif

Just my observations.

Oh and could someone tell me what FID and LSRD stand for?