Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak

I'd like to start this thread so I can stop hijacking Phaeden's Gaia thread. Even though we co-released his island with my pack as one big happy monsterous addon I imagine it's better to keep things a bit more organized.

So if you have questions, comments, bug reports, anything related to the pack let me know here and I'll do the best I can to answer.

CURRENT VERSION: 2.01

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Thanks goes out to Salisan for posting a mirror of the full pack and patch on his site!! Much appreciated!!

WG AddPak 2.01 - Full Install

WG AddPak 2.01 - Full Install - Mirror 1

WG AddPak 2.01 - Full Install - Mirror 2

WG AddPak 2.01 - Patcher

WG AddPak 2.01 - Patcher - Mirror 1

WG AddPak 2.01 - Patcher - Mirror 2

KNOWN ISSUES

- SVD sniper rifle has a tracer (will eventually include fix in a patch but feel it's too small to warrent an entirely new patch)

- TACTHeartbeat sound issue (try running just the WGL addons to solve this for the time being)

- Armor that has smoke launchers is missing the weapon to actually fire them. Fix this by putting the following into your vehicle's init: this addweapon "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncher"

erm... what dose this addon pack/thingy do?? what dose it add?

Or is it the addon pack that comes with that GAIA island?? the one with all that realistic soldier modles and configs. and realistic vehicles and guns ect...

It's the addon pack that came with Gaia that adds all the realistic stuff. Yes.

I posted this in the GAIA thread, but I'll post it here too seeing as this is a bug/remark/observations thread for the addon pack :

Whenever I look in certain directions when I'm at Crassus Field, I get a pretty big FPS drop. I'm talking like 5-6 FPS sad_o.gif

What could be causing this? The only other place on the island which causes lag is the town near the international airport.

Most likely a simple cause by looking at a portion of terrain with a lot of trees. Crassus Field being surrounded on all sides by the Dark Forest generally requires turning down your view distance a bit from what you might be used to. The overall loss in view distance isn't noticed (by me at least) because you can't see much farther than 500m in the area anyways.

Updated my Known Issues and added the thing about the armor smoke launcher...

Well, it is my turn to post -

Regarding the FPS drop - in the Dark Forest, Lakotaville, Kamai City, Los Mingus, and possibly Northbrook/Glenview are more resource intensive areas than the rest of the map. When in these areas, lower your setviewdistance, increase your fog, lower your terrain detail (I recommend playing Gaia on VERY LOW), reduce texture sizes (in OFP Preferences), and limit the amount of AI (high skill) objects in the area. If you are trying to land on Crassus, I recommend that you simply practice. That airfield is supposed to be used by drug-runners - and as in real life, they become very familiar with their assigned fields (don't bother flaming, I am not backing this up with any data). One thing that helps me is to align up with the airfield several kilometers away, verify with the map, and then slow down. You will get familiar with the terrain in the area (you honestly will) and should be able to land there every time. I have landed there with full storm, 90% fog and view of 500 meters. You can do it! I believe in you!

I really appreciate your comments. Thanks - if there is anything else I can help with just let me know - ICQ 37564138

the spec ops units would be great if they were put into groups

As I am sure you are already aware AugusHeaf, this is one of the best addon pack's available. Right up there with FDF, BAS. To me its like the difference from 1.46 to 1.75!

Questions:

Which Airfield is fully AI Compatable?

Could you release example tutorial missions of how to use all the crew served weapons and new features etc.

Is this pack totally compatible with COC UA Artillary and FDF 1.1?

Luv ya work:

P.S. Even if you are a 56k'r, this is worth the download!

How is OFP 2 gonna beat where we have made this game come on our own!!!

tounge_o.giftounge_o.gifghostface.gifcrazy_o.gif

Edit: Just Patched to 2.01, and I still get CDT's, but I do have many 3rd party addons installed... Argh!! Oh well. Day off 2moro to sort it out.

Anyone else get this? Usually it happens when I go the the map view

im actually really impressed with this pack, its pretty cool

one thing i wanted to know is what you used to make your soldier models (mostly the west ones - rangers and strike team)

its also been said before about groups - more groups would be cool

the only thing i didnt really like is the sights for most weapons

my only real beefs with the packs is how to use some of the weapons - the static ones that i guess have to be set up?

some of the static weapons start off with no ammo - what do i do here to get them working?

Lovely pack, the initial experience at three A.M last night was unbeatable! I really love the new additions, both soldier and vehicle wise and game mechanics wise. The new "effect" when firing a TOW missile is really something!

Also, the new CarlGustav model is nice aswell. Tell me, is it courtesy of SFP?

EDIT: @One, these weapons require that you have an ammo carrier in the vicinity (the unit) but the static weapons are best suited for MP as they "require" the relative intelligence of a human being.

hehe, great addon pack, top of my list biggrin_o.gif

plz release the class anme lists!

Any servers running this pack yet? I am dying to try this out in MP!

Probably because you have too many addons, how do you get the AGMs on the apaches to lock?

If you're talking about the Hellfires, well they're the AGM-114K laser guided version. This means you need to have someone illuminate your target for you. Sweet smile_o.gif

If you're into realism, well this is for sure the pack for you (me) smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]im actually really impressed with this pack, its pretty cool

Sounds like you were expecting it to be bad rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any servers running this pack yet? I am dying to try this out in MP!

The Citadel is running the new WG 2.01 pack. Feel free to stop in any time.

Server and TeamSpeak IP: the-citadel.us or 69.56.169.34.

The WG 2.01 AddPak is also available thru OFPWatch on The Citadel.

ok.. dont mean to be a real asshole but theier are no pics or screenshots from this addonpack anywhere.. just the island could someone post some screenshots of the units and stuff.... please.

Yeah post screenies people also can we get a full list s to what it adds.

We 56kers are very choosy sorry biggrin_o.gif

I have a question: How do you unpack the mortar back into the Hummer? I can assemble it, but not take it back apart.

Ok I'm going to answer these questions as best as I can remember them.....

I haven't really had time to put together a tutorial of stuff and I'm sorry about that. I have someone currently working on a complete field manual that will detail how all of the features work and detail all of the changes to vehicles, armor, weapons, etc. But given the scope (size) of the addon's changes that might take the poor sap (hehe) 2 weeks to do realistically.

The Hellfires (AGM-114A, not K, hehe) on the Apache are laser guided only, as they are in real life. If you're playing in singleplayer you can have either an AI with the laser designator or a OH58 Kiowa FFAR lase the target then you can launch hellfires at the laser target, but you can not just rightclick to lock a target and fire. Sorry I forgot to include a WG man with the designator, and will fix it in some eventual pack. Put this in the init line of a SF Recon FO if ya want...

this removeweapon "WGL_RucksackRaid"; this addMagazine "LaserDesignator"; this addweapon "LaserDesignator"

The crew weapons start without ammo and need to be loaded after the weapon is assembled on the ground. To assemble the weapons do the following....

1. Use action menu to "Deploy Tripod" (or Base) if you're carrying the tripod or base. It will face the direction you're facing...

2. If you're carrying the machinegun or tube, walk up to the base (wait a few seconds) and then use action menu to "Mount Machinegun on Tripod"...

3. After doing that you will automatically be given a rucksack, and you can then pick up all the ammo that was dumped onto the ground near the weapon. Pick it up and...

4. Walk near the weapon and you should get an action to "Load Magazine" or in the case of a mortar "Load Mortar".

The weapons can only be loaded one at a time. Because the pack is meant for multiplay tournaments it's best to have 2 people. One person reloads while the other fires.

Note: The only current limitation is that because of OFP client/server issues with multiplayer, it has been discovered that unless you're the person that attached the tube or machinegun you can't load ammo into the weapon. I'm currently investigating to see if there's a better way to do this. But for now you will need the assembling person to do the loading. Anyone can fire the gun though once it is loaded.

Citadel is currently running the addpak. I'm working hard to convert missions to the new 2.01 addpak in the next day or so.

Pictures.... I will see about posting some pictures of the pack items that are visually cool. However, a lot of the pack's changes aren't visual but scripting or configs. The real heart of the pack is the fact that I've reconfigured every vehicle, small arm, weapon and soldier to be FAR more realistic than anything else out there in OFP.