Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Bradley pack by rudedog

Hey

@Rudedog

ur welcome, how is the pack coming along btw.

any news or new developments?

Tim

Hey

@Rudedog

ur welcome, how is the pack coming along btw.

any news or new developments?

Tim

Things are going well, just recruited a team to do MP testing.  Scripts are in place.  Need to finish textures on M3/M6 Nato 3-Color and Green variant (about 1/2 a day job).  Thinking of dropping AMEV from this release to get Bradleys into peoples hands and releasing it later in an update or perhaps seperately. Still need to do a bit of scripting.

Otherwise all modeling and texturing of Bradleys is completed.

Crew is still early in the texturing department.

Didn't Marfy make a real good US Army crew in desert cammo awhile back? I seem to remember one on his old desert textured M1 tanks. If things get bogged down you could always just use that crew. Another thing I would recommend is seeing if any weapons addon makers (like Earl & Suchey or Jackal) will let you use their M4's for the Bradley crews.

But I'm also quite happy that you're trying to get it finished as soon as possible. I can't wait to put your Bradleys and the BAS soldiers into some serious desert and urban combat. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It was a retexed BIS west crew with chocolate chip camo I believe.

EDIT: I'm suprised that no one has made a "generic" modern west crew type addon yet. It's all Russian lately.

Didn't Marfy make a real good US Army crew in desert cammo awhile back?  I seem to remember one on his old desert textured M1 tanks.  If things get bogged down you could always just use that crew.   Another thing I would recommend is seeing if any weapons addon makers (like Earl & Suchey or Jackal) will let you use their M4's for the Bradley crews.

But I'm also quite happy that you're trying to get it finished as soon as possible.  I can't wait to put your Bradleys and the BAS soldiers into some serious desert and urban combat.   smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The reason I don't use M & M's crew is because they are just retextured BIS crew and the colors are not right.  I am currently making 3 color desert (Modern), 6 color desert (Desert Storm era) and Woodland.  The modeling is complete, just need to get the texturing done.  Also, not sure about other armored crews, but Bradley crews are issued M16A2's.  I am currently waiting for a response from Earl about utilizing his model for use with the crew.

Looks good. Glad to see you were able to fix that annoying driver hatch anim.

Looking forwrard to it. biggrin_o.gif

brad_grass.jpg

They are very sweet Rude dog smile_o.gif

So if anyone has any mission ideas pass em over to me so i can start working on a few , i have a few ideas will be working on them , now that i have my PC fixed crazy_o.gif

So if anyone has any mission ideas pass em over to me so i can start working on a few , i have a few ideas will be working on them , now that i have my PC fixed  crazy_o.gif

A large scale cavalery assault on major cities on Nogova, with a lot of Bradley collums and some Sigma Abrams and F18's as support.

Nice scene I think wink_o.gif

So if anyone has any mission ideas pass em over to me so i can start working on a few , i have a few ideas will be working on them , now that i have my PC fixed  crazy_o.gif

A large scale cavalery assault on major cities on Nogova, with a lot of Bradley collums and some Sigma Abrams and F18's as support.

Nice scene I think  wink_o.gif

Yes and with LAG too  blues.gif

I have a few 'other' scenarios in mind but they wont involve 'columns' of thigns in it so as to reduce lag.

I also wanted to ask Rude dog (when he comes online) should i make missions exclusively with only the bradley addons or with other addons that compliment it really well like Sigmas nato tanks ? BIS tanks dont look nice running beside these Brads?  crazy_o.gif

Or maybe make two versions one with foreign addons and one with only these brads?

Quote[/b] ]So if anyone has any mission ideas pass em over to me so i can start working on a few ,

How about a mission where you use your Bradley to scout for enemy artillery that has been shooting-and-scooting in the mountains of Nogova smile_o.gif ?

Yes and with LAG too  blues.gif

Think most computers should be able to handle it, shouldn't they? (got Athlon XP 1800+ myself so I don't experience lag a lot wink_o.gif )

Whatever mission you make, remember to include lots of soft targets, because the 25mm is just so fun to use biggrin_o.gif .

Edit - There's nothing like firing the Bushmaster into the side of a Ural unclesam.gifghostface.gif .

Quote[/b] ]So if anyone has any mission ideas pass em over to me so i can start working on a few ,

How about a mission where you use your Bradley to scout for enemy artillery that has been shooting-and-scooting in the mountains of Nogova smile_o.gif ?

If you can point out some nic EAST arty pieces i'll be glad to oblige smile_o.gif

I dont see any being made or made already though ...

And i know that turret and 25mm is so damn fun to use i blasted open a whole BTR-80 with a M240 gun on it wow_o.gif

So far my ideas was for a Airport assualt via beach on Malden or Nogova?

And a simple infantry assualt at multiple positions gaining ground typical land assault type like you see in Suis missions wink_o.gif

There's a Russian heavy artillery piece out there somewhere, I don't remember what it was called. I think it was made by Hawk, but I'm not sure. There's also the DKM Russian fieldgun biggrin_o.gif .

What do you think of a peacekeeping mission, a village is attacked by rebels and you need to find their camp and than kick some rebels but smile_o.gif

Ok good idea is that M-46 gun for the east i thought it was for the west but wtf i'll have em empty if i have to biggrin_o.gif

You might also do one with from the East perspective. Say, an ambush on a column of Bradleys and Humvees, sorta like the BIS coop "Desert Ambush".

Quote[/b] ]Say, an ambush on a column of Bradleys and Humvees, sorta like the BIS coop "Desert Ambush".

It's very hard to stay alive when you're fighting against Bradley's tounge_o.gif . Unless you're in a BMP2...

I'd like a mission where you command a small group of Bradleys and have to ambush a large convoy. Lots of 25mm fire wink_o.gif .

You might also do one with from the East perspective. Say, an ambush on a column of Bradleys and Humvees, sorta like the BIS coop "Desert Ambush".

Yeah death to the imperliast but i WILL use Sucheys Spetznatz for that smile_o.gif

*Goes off to find a suitable ambush spot*

P.S: I'll try and have them all as co-ops as well as SP so all you'd need to do is chuck them either way in MP or SP ok ?

There's a Russian heavy artillery piece out there somewhere, I don't remember what it was called. I think it was made by Hawk, but I'm not sure. There's also the DKM Russian fieldgun biggrin_o.gif .

Hawk's 2S19 MSTA-S 152mm howitzer -> lookie here. It's all Polish, but you should easily find download link down there. wink_o.gif

Hey Rude dog the RHS effects which your tanks are using do they like have their own explosion effects too i use ECP and got this BOOMBASTIC blast biggrin_o.gif which normally doesnt occurs on other vehicles while using ECP.

brad_explo.jpg

Oh and i didnt understand what happened a RPG just skidded off the front armour plating can this happen in OFP? crazy_o.gif

The image didnt capture the fireball that came in between while the RPG was on the bradley...maybe it was a fluke eh?

brad_shave1.jpg

brad_shave2.jpg

Yes they have all the same scripts as RHS tanks except for the cargo proxies.

As far as the skidding RPG, I haven't a clue.  It actually looks like it missed.

You sure it hit the Brad? It looks like you aimed high to me.  rock.gif

Well i was a bit far off but i saw a fireball as i said before right infront of the bradley as the rpg went across and dont tell me that i must have seen something else in the mayhem because setacctime was on meaning everything was slomo and i was sure i saw a fireball as if the RPG hit the bradley but then it zommed up and away  crazy_o.gif