Rudedog

Bradley pack by rudedog

Quote[/b] ]Put more emphasis on the 'before'

biggrin_o.gif Soon?

Quote[/b] ]Put more emphasis on the 'before'

biggrin_o.gif Soon?

I am glad you missed the underlying meaning in my comment tounge_o.gif

OHHH NOOOO !!!!

More targets riding on the top of their ARMORED Personell Carrier!!!!

crazy_o.gif

Just to clarify, there are no external cargo positions on the Bradleys.  But, the Bradleys DO utilize Raedors cargo scripts which eject the dismounts when in battle.  I feel this adds a touch of realism without having mission editors code it themselves.  Of course, you can disable it by adding a simple public variable to the init line.

The external cargo positions they are discussing are on the M551 Sheridan that is in deveoplment, which many GI's DID ride on from NAM to Gulf War 1.

Hope this helps,

Rudedog

The M551 was light armor that was easilly destroyed by mines and RPG hits. The crew often rode ontop. Till armor plating was made for the floor of the hull to lessen mine detonation effectiveness. Usually a mine or RPg would set off a secondary explossion of the ammo so crews rode on the turret. Infantry road on the back so the tank could move faster over open terrain.

i wanna see my new hyk us inf running side by side these things.... :-)

That's what I'm thinking! Can't wait for this amazing Bradley package!!

I know some people don't like JAM but I'd like to see the crews being compatible to it.

A question:

I know a lot about german armored recons but not about US ones. I know they use the M3 Bradley CFV often. What exactly does the US Army (or the USMC) understand in armored recon? I mean how do they do it?

Let's hope we'll see some Bradleys soon.

wink_o.gif

Recon is very easy ti discribe..

To put eyes on the enemy whit out beeing seen.

You find the enemy and if possible whitout getting detected, reports to hq where he is then you follow him and report in to hq from time to time..

(I should know.. after all i were in DK 1 St. Recon )

Recon is very easy ti discribe..

To put eyes on the enemy whit out beeing seen.

You find the enemy and if possible whitout getting detected, reports to hq where he is then you follow him and report in to hq from time to time..

(I should know.. after all i were in DK 1 St. Recon )

Well, yea thanks that's what I know. I served in a german armored recon btl for two years. smile_o.gif

I was asking for the US recon tactics. They got something like force recon for example which germans don't have.

The US Army has no special recon vehicle that's why it's interesting. So when they use the M3 CFV or even a M1 platoon it can be quite difficult not to be seen or heard.

actual Force Recon is the USMC's Special Forces.

recon teams are like a sniper and a spotter in USMC..

as for vechicals.

the US army uses a variant of the m113 and styker suppost ot someday have a recon verision.

but one main recon for the US Army is helo's the OH-58 Kiowa.

oh and HMWWV's

but scout/recon armor is kinda just the m113 or m3a3.

but the m3a3 can only hold like 3 dismounted troopers.

....EDIT....

oh and a main recon element for the US army is Cavary squads.. and some SF.. but I beleive they preffer helo's for recon..

actual Force Recon is the USMC's Special Forces.

recon teams are like a sniper and a spotter in USMC..

as for vechicals.

the US army uses a variant of the m113 and styker suppost ot someday have a recon verision.

but one main recon for the US Army is helo's the OH-58 Kiowa.

oh and HMWWV's

but scout/recon armor is kinda just the m113 or m3a3.

but the m3a3 can only hold like 3 dismounted troopers.

....EDIT....

oh and a main recon element for the US army is Cavary squads.. and some SF.. but I beleive they preffer helo's for recon..

Satallietes???

sats can only see down and can nto always tell you who and what that is down there.

plus easly faked out be decoys..

nothing beats eyes on the ground or low level helo's.

i mean if they fire on you then you know and can redirect troops and fire power.

a sat can not do that plus any kind of weather can block a sats view.

sat images are mainly for an over view plan and then you recon what the pictures show..

I feel the sudden need to nitpick a wee bit. I think it was corporal_punishment who posted a picture of a Bradley with NFOR markings in the "KFOR" thread. I know that the placements of those hidden-selections aren't final but at the moment they are placed a bit odd, with gear covering the actual lettering.

As far as I know, in peacekeeping/peace-enforcing situations the markings on the vehicles have to be clearly visible so that civilians can see that the vehicles are infact belonging to the peacekeepers. So moving the lettering upwards a bit would be favourable. Sorry for the nitpick smile_o.gif

I took that into account too, I'd have to remove some of the stowage, and I'm not willing to do that.  In the books I have of vehicles in Kosovo, especially ODS Bradleys, at least 1/4 of the marking is obscured by something since the sides are meant for stowage in the first place.

Hope this is a good enough reason.

I've also created fictional versions too.  I went on the theme of KFOR (Kosovo Force) and created some for each island too. (EFOR, NFOR, MFOR, etc)

Good to see that you are including lots of different markings, peacekeeping/peace-enforcing scenarios are perfect for OFP in my opinion.

Also I don't know if you have any markings on the front as it is now, but if you do then the side markings not being visible wouldn't matter (doesn't matter much as it is now). Would be nice to have the markings cleary visible from the front, or back of the vehicle. But it's no biggie and stowage does indeed take priority over the markings being visible, as OFP civilians usually don't see the difference between a friendly force and an enemy force as it is.

Looking forward to your pack, keep the good work up

smile_o.gif

Actually, in that respect OFP civilians behave remarkably like the real ones smile_o.gif

as OFP civilians usually don't see the difference between a friendly force and an enemy force as it is.

Looking forward to your pack, keep the good work up

smile_o.gif

i once did a test many many moons ago. back when the second nam pack came out (dont remember the exact patch for the game) but i armed a civilian and put it one east and one west soldier and in doing this the civilian took to a prone pose, aimed his rifel and fired and killed hte west force leaving the east and resistance unharmed. now unless they patched this cuz i havnt tested. the civis hate the west side. . .. then agian who doesnt hate the west tounge_o.gif

civilains allie with ressistance and then anyside resisstance is friendly too so are the civilains..

Any news on this promising package??

sorry for repeating the thing tinitoon said, but are there any news about the status of progress?

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Will you guys model the M-2/3's TOW accurately? In real life, you can only fire the TOW when you're not moving. I think OFP lets you fire it on the move (though I haven't played with the Bradley lately, so I may be wrong). Also, WGL made a very good TOW simulation, where you have to guide it to the target, which can be very difficult. Any plans to simulate a real TOW, or are you going to use the BIS version?

Also, it's probably way too late in the development cycle for any of this, but there were a couple of cool experimental versions of the Bradley for a while - one was the ADATS version, another replaced the TOWs with a Hellfire launcher on each turret side. Another was my personal favorite, the XM-8 Buford Armored Gun System. The system never went into production (the Bosnia deployments for the US Army took away all it's funding, but the 82nd Airborne took a couple of the prototypes to Iraq this year). It would make me VERY, VERY happy to see this tank in OFP and I'd really like to see it come from you guys (who, it seems, aim towards outstanding quality). I think it would be a perfect fit with your Bradley pack and I would consider it a personal favor if you made it. smile_o.gif

regarding the speed at which the TOWs can be fired, perhaps it could be implemented in a similar way to that of the WGL attack helos and their ATGMs... they can be only fired under a certain speed... perhaps that same technique could be used on ground vehicles too?

If I did that, it would be no match against any other opponents.  If everyone decided to do this with every other addon, then it would be feasible.  Maybe it will be used in the WGL pack after I have released it, (soon BTW) but that is up to the creator of WGL.

how soon biggrin_o.gif j./k great work cant wait for it to come out