Sign in to follow this  
GODSMACK

Usmc gaia island

Excellent island and addon pack, a must have smile_o.gif

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Quote[/b] ]phaeden has finally released USMC Gaia Island Pack v2. This is what he says:

Brand spanking new version! That's right kids, the long-awaited WG AddPak 2.0 is done. Or at least as done as it can be before the next season of WarGames starts. Hehe. So here it is, the overall idea of this pack was to put an end to major changes to all vehicles, replace all soldier models all 3 sides, include new soldiers, create tons of realistic soldier configs, and shoehorn a huge island into the pack among other things. All of the bugs from the previous version have been fixed and stomped as well.

The overall goal of this project was to reconfigure OFP from the ground up. Every vehicle and weapon system, chopper and plane, tank and car, big and small, has been reconfigured based on realistic data. Realism has been kept as a high priority in an effort to expand OFP's basic bunch of vehicles with the hope that more realistic vehicles will lead to more interesting play. We have done our best to research every single vehicle and meticulously adjust and tweak for realism.

Readme

Gaia Island Website

cool shit,but the east men are kinda disapointing

but i love the west and res men

great work biggrin_o.gif

same here I thounght only a island 119MB

But now I see it is a island with some great addons edited wink_o.gif

are there any missions or campaigns? will not d\l if no.

There must be missions because in the readme there are two places that mention MISSION CHANGES.

But that doesn't tell you whether they're SP or MP or both.

Download at 98%....,

took me over 2 hours, 119mb is huge.

Will check it out soon. smile_o.gif

Download at 98%....,

took me over 2 hours, 119mb is huge.

Will check it out soon.  smile_o.gif

98% in about 30 minutes.

I'll update you. biggrin_o.gif

Basically, folks, this is a big addon pack, most probably for use with a particular server.

No missions are included. I haven't checked out the island yet.

Even if I do, without missions, this won't remain on my hard drive.

The pack is aimed at the MP 'Realism' crowd, specifically the Wargames Adverserial ladder. You won't find any 'Hexenkesal'/CS BF 1942 brain mush maps in this league. The league utilizes OFP the way it was meant to be played.

Does this addon include new soldier models?

I've seen pics somewhere, they seem to have new models...

Are they earl and sucheys USMC soldiers? Are they finally released?

God dammit the only link for the island only on OFP.cz and not the pack doesnt work sad_o.gif

and i dont wanna spend half an hour downloading a pack tonight i just wanna play on the island mad_o.gif

You can download the full WarGames AddPak 2.0 + Gaia Island from the following link...

ftp://the-citadel.us/anon/wg_2.00_addpak.zip

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wg_2.00_addpak.zip

The first link should be considerably faster than the second. Hopefully we should have more mirrors up later tonight.

The WG AddPak is an all-inclusive TOTAL reconfig of OFP. It is far and away the most realistic total config of OFP short of the US DoD's version. In some ways it is actually MORE realistic. It is meant for people who are tired of the same old game. Every unit in the game, every vehicle, every weapon, every vehicle weapon, every loadout, has been reconfigured based on professional input from soldiers (past and current) and months of research and test. Gaia Island was chosen for co-release because it is by far one of the most superior and well-thought islands produced and serves as the backdrop for many new missions in the works.

Many common addons that have been released are included in the pack configured to the WarGames realism standard. Yes there are some new soldiers and new vehicles that are only in this pack. Some notable inclusions are the first backpack fully working and actually useful backpack system,  the M2 Hummer, Mk19 Hummer, SF FID, SF Strike, M2 low-mount machinegun, a realistic A10, 240+ realistic soldier configs, and that's just to name a few.

Ultimately the pack is meant for multiplayer and currently we are working on creating more missions for the pack. I expect no fewer than 24 of them in the coming month or so. There will also be coop missions and perhaps if someone takes a shine to it, a campaign on Gaia.

The pack isn't for everyone but if you like realism, if you long for the most realistic OFP experience, then you may want to check it out.

Something I noticed:

Non of the deployed weapons(TOW, Browning, both Mortors) have no ammo.

The AKS74U used by the crewmen have big white blocks when your at far distances. But up close they are fine.

Dunno if this an error, but is the TOW missle suppose to have 3 prongs for the rocket fire thingy in the back. Ack, word is gone! I used to know. But it's a three prong fire coming outta the back, and then when it gets farther it's back to the normal triangle.

Is any of this make sense :P

theres this link for complete dload (Gaia + Addons)

Monty's OFP

Great job btw,i had the previous addons version but this is something else! WG Ladder will never be the same again  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] The league utilizes OFP the way it was meant to be played.
C&H Rules biggrin_o.gif

Having beta tested Phaed's island, I can say with all honesty that it is the best island OFP has ever seen. Download it, you won't be dissapointed.

The crew weapons (AT-5, TOW, M2, NSV, M29 Mortar, M224 Mortar, 2B14 Mortar, AGS-17) are all made so that when it is deployed it is empty and you need to load the first magazine. The mortars will only load one mortar at a time, so it helps to work as a team. The machineguns and ags will only load one magazine at a time, so again, it helps to work as a team. All reload times are realistic, however something in OFP makes the first magazine load 2x as slowly, after that it's quite a bit faster. Many AT missiles are now hand-guided ONLY so there's no locking (i.e. the TOW and AT5). The magazines for the crew weapons (with the exception of the ATGMs) are carried in the rucksacks and loaded directly into the guns once you are carrying the ammo in your ruck, just walk up and you should see a new action.

Quick note... A full Field Manual is being written for the pack and includes many useful tips on using the new gear. One thing that you probably want to know is that to drop a magazine from a ruckscak you need to click the fire button and NOT use the action menu to drop.

Since the pack is meant for multiplayer many of the features of the pack are meant to test a team's teamwork skills. Some things aren't necessarily easy to use and may take some training. Like I said....realism.

smile_o.gif

Okie Dokie. Makes sense to me. Can't wait to fight some cool battles on this fabulous island. I love the forests, the hills, texutres, everrything!