Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Need something translated

The solution...

Duh, I have to say that it looks like archaic Czech from fifties - at least archaic for me tounge_o.gif, for example I saw the word "automobilni" for first time in my life. biggrin_o.gif

And my English is not much good, I used dictionary quite a lot, so there might be some mistakes (at least finding appropriate english word was a little horror for me)

the title: Content list PNV-57

first line: No. - Name - Pieces

1. Automobile infrared scope PNV-57 with HV (VN=Vysoke Napeti=High Voltage) power supply on hood ("hood" in the meaning of cap - that things what tank crews wear on their heads).

2. Ifrared filter in rubber socket

3. Filter socket corresponding to std. no. 4-...

4. Connecting cable corresponding to std. no. 3-

5. Equipment notepad (propably, pristroj means equipment but zaznamnik could mean either the notepad thingy or recorder but I don't think it is the latter)

6. Dust-cloth A5 size

7. Screwdriver 2.5mm

8. Screwdriver corresponding to std. no. 4-...

9. Kenotron CBK-1 (WTF is it? - propably this)

10. Spanner corresponding to std. no. 4-...

11. Spring corresponding to std. no. 4-...

12. Bolster corresponding to std. no. 4-... (boring, isn't it?)

13. Can with putty

14. Lens cap

I hope it helped you a bit but I don't have the slightest clue what could you possibly use it for. crazy_o.gif

That's about that.

i think he will add something to the "what militaria do you own?" thread rock.gif

he´s an ebay maniac biggrin_o.gif

The solution...

Duh, I have to say that it looks like archaic Czech from fifties - at least archaic for me tounge_o.gif, for example I saw the word "automobilni" for first time in my life. biggrin_o.gif

And my English is not much good, I used dictionary quite a lot, so there might be some mistakes (at least finding appropriate english word was a little horror for me)

the title: Content list PNV-57

first line: No. - Name - Pieces

1. Automobile infrared scope PNV-57 with HV (VN=Vysoke Napeti=High Voltage) power supply on hood ("hood" in the meaning of cap - that things what tank crews wear on their heads).

2. Ifrared filter in rubber socket

3. Filter socket corresponding to std. no.  4-...

4. Connecting cable corresponding to std. no. 3-

5. Equipment notepad (propably, pristroj means equipment but zaznamnik could mean either the notepad thingy or recorder but I don't think it is the latter)

6. Dust-cloth A5 size

7. Screwdriver 2.5mm

8. Screwdriver corresponding to std. no.  4-...

9. Kenotron CBK-1 (WTF is it? - propably this)

10. Spanner corresponding to std. no.  4-...

11. Spring corresponding to std. no.  4-...  

12. Bolster corresponding to std. no.  4-...  (boring, isn't it?)

13. Can with putty

14. Lens cap

I  hope it helped you a bit but I don't have the slightest clue what could you possibly use it for. crazy_o.gif

That's about that.

smile_o.gif

Was wondering, this is the content list on the supposedley "Russian" night vision goggles' (PNV-57's, not the PNV-57E's which came with a russian manual) fifty pound (no kidding!) case. And you are correct, fifties, so close, but 1966 is when these came out smile_o.gif

I am wondering what the bloody hell the can with putty was for. I smeared it on my face thinking it was camo... didn't work. Glad it was just putty. Otherwise my face might be melting by now.

PNV-57

newgoggles.jpg

PNV-57E

oldgoggles.jpg

Czech or Russia must of had an identy crisis in the 60's :P

I am wondering what the bloody hell the can with putty was for. I smeared it on my face thinking it was camo... didn't work. Glad it was just putty. Otherwise my face might be melting by now.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif, I hope you didn't try to eat it. tounge_o.gif

BTW: I tried to look for some technicals of PNV and found these pictures of PNV-57 in action:

Two trees

2stromy.JPG

Three trees

3%20stromy.JPG

The guy from this page also used these goggles with a flashlight using infrared filter and he says it is really an adventure, cause you have about 30° FOV, seeing to about 30-40m (Maybe the silly putty is for the bulges you'll get from bumping the trees).

BTW: How much did you paid for them?

LOL!

Paid $175USD for them, with most of the stuff included.

Those pics don't do them justice because it is hard as hell to get your camera 's lense up on the eyecaps for NVG's - they are actually pretty clear!