Sign in to follow this  
redface

Ofp goes gta!

i think i know the prob, when i revert the mission i don`t get any missing addon`s but when i pres retry i get an missing addon warning and the animations are`nt working

the agent_smith stuff...

Please make some inferences...

EDIT:

CTD CTD!!!

I got the island and all installed, so why is it CTDing? Not a compatible version of something? No addon errors, and just a CTD before mission load, almost like what happens when you lack the island.

I havent got enough patience for this

I got home, walked into the 'weapons store' and an M21 appeared in the blokes hands, without any warning I was back home. Then the bastard runs down the street, into my house and shoots me again! When I go to seek revenge the fuzz rumble me but he's running off down the street with his M21. mad_o.gif

Yeah same here. CTD fixed, was ECP.

Another thing, you've accidentally destroyed the building menus. Now you can't open up the doors. I've got AGS, and I've tried that damn harbor mission 100 times, but the truck is sealed in!

Yeah same here. CTD fixed, was ECP.

@ MSpencer: could you elaborate on what was causing the CTD in your case?

- concerning the CTD some people experience when loading the mission: I honestly have no clue why this should occur, but anyways, my 2 cents:

* I made the mission with the ECP (Enhanced Configuration Project)-mod running. I don't think this is necessary to play the mission, but in case of CTD you may consider running OFP with the ECP-mod.

* Are you able to load Trinity Island in the editor?

* Make sure you have all the latest versions of the addons mentioned. (e.g. the mistress addon was quite corrupt in its initial form).

Quote[/b] ]Another thing, you've accidentally destroyed the building menus. Now you can't open up the doors. I've got AGS, and I've tried that damn harbor mission 100 times, but the truck is sealed in!

* I didn't change anything to the building menus! Are you sure you are running Trinity Island 1.1 (second release, not the initial one?) with the latest versions of the AGS addons (as mentioned on the site?).

this is clearly the price we pay for OFP's - otherwise splendid - open source character (loss of standard, informative and adequate error messages).

I got home, walked into the 'weapons store' and an M21 appeared in the blokes hands, without any warning I was back home.

hehe, the man at the door warned you not to go into his house, you did not heed his warning, you trespassed upon his private property and then he naturally got a bit angry biggrin_o.gif

have a closer look at the map, the weapon's store is a few houses further (gives you 'weapons'-command in the action menu)

Quote[/b] ]Then the bastard runs down the street, into my house and shoots me again!

that's another bloke, quite a regular in Yale City. The briefing tells you not to leave equipment unattended in your house. Either hire some men to protect your house or hide the weapons you collect (e.g. in your car)

Quote[/b] ]When I go to seek revenge the fuzz rumble me but he's running off down the street with his M21.  mad_o.gif

maybe you should consider bribing the policeman like he did?

There is no need to give up so fast. To be true: you need to get to know the island and the habits of those who live there a bit, but the learning curve is not that steep. And there's plenty of cheats hidden to make things go more smoothly. I'll start giving away some spoilers soon ... wink_o.gif

Actually, I didn't get any warning, he just went crazy! The fact that re kept hunting me down afterwards is what pissed me off and I didnt get a chance to fight the police when the 'caught' me, I just gave up. Normally, I'd jump in my car, put in some angles and distance, dump the car and head into the woods. Maybe the options 'surrender' or 'run away' could be implimented in a future release? I'll give it another go today, after I make a mod folder for it wink_o.gif

Alright, explain this...

I was walking down the road between Madison and Yale between the forest without any weapons on me right at the start of the game. I saw Mr Soldier and thought nothing of it because I hadnt done anything except som driving and walking. Just as I get level with him I get 3 rounds in my head...

Care to explain why an umarmed innocent man is gunned down by the military for walking? rock.gif (Of course the soldier was a US one and im British, maybe he mistook me for an Iraqi?) tounge_o.gif

EDIT: I thought calling you a smart ass was a bit harsh, sorry sad_o.gif

I made the mission with the ECP (Enhanced Configuration Project)-mod running. I don't think this is necessary to play the mission, but in case of CTD you may consider running OFP with the ECP-mod.

Ok, I am still CTD'S ing even though i still play them with ecp, i cannot load the mission at all, however, the island is loading just fine, plz help

sorry Munk, I hadn't seen the additional query in the edited version of your post

the soldier is part of a traffic control (hmm, forgot to change his identity to something more police-like). I never thought somebody would walk that distance on foot, thanks for pointing out the glitch. see also next posting

it might be useful to point out that talented mission-maker Blanco has joined the team and is currently doing a complete overhaul of the original mission. He is enhancing already present features and adding new ones like

- the interaction with police controls and mafia members will no longer be cut-scene driven, allowing for more openness and less irritation by police macho behaviour

- there now is respawn point selection, rather than the abrupt setpos to "home"

- more complex scripting (e.g. for exchanging flat tyres, selling cars, accepting or refusing jobs, hierarchy build-up, ...)

- dynamic conversation system

- for those experiencing CTD, we will also release a more traditional campaign-structure version with separate linear missions

meanwhile, Blanco is also working on his own Demolition Diver Campaign so there is no fixed date for releasing the updated material yet