Sign in to follow this  
redface

Ofp goes gta!

NEW EDIT 15/12/2003:

Realistic Crime City RC1 download

is up for grabs. Download link & addon links list are on the website. This is to be considered a demo-release for beta-testing purposes. We are eager for feedback & constructive criticism. Enjoy.

Read this before you play:

Objectives:

- you can acquire cash freely by doing odd jobs (stealing cars & bringing them to the car dealer)

- walk up & listen to mafia members for information about more lucrative jobs (5.000 $ each, 5 storylines/contact persons so far:

1. steal the plane and land it safely at Liberty Airport

2. cause some damage to state-owned chemical factory

3. pick up Lolita (below 5000 dollars)/go to Luigi's house (from 5000 dollars onwards)

4. Mafia habits

5. steal weapons in the harbour

- you can buy more effective (& devastating!) weapons at the weapon's stores

- at any time, you can earn money more quickly by choosing 1st option in the radio menu

- there's plenty of objects (weapons, cars, even 2 helicopters) to be stolen in the urban areas

Advice:

- (you may try of course but) do not carry a gun in your hands while you're walking on the streets of Yale City (your home town, this is an exceptional zero-tolerance zone). Holster them (it takes five seconds for the engine to know that you're not swinging a gun). Future update will allow you to move your house to more "tolerant" cities.

- Speed limit is 50 km/hour in urban areas. you can ignore speed limit patrols, but cops will chase you until they got you/until you got them.

- car repair kit (radio menu) available

- two notes regarding the weapon buy menu: First stash your present weapon in a car nearby. This is still not MOHAA in which you can walk around with multiple primary weapons. When in weapon's store, press enter lightly to bring it up.

- this is still a very static version of the mission (carjackable cars are standing still [so far in Bree City only], contact persons are all situated in your own street so that you don't have to search them yet) - it aims at letting you try out various features at ease

- mission was tested on: Pentium 4, 2 GHz (512 Mb-Ram) & Geforce 4 MX 460. Mission is rolling along quite nicely on my system with Trinity High (some lag can occur on Yale Main Street and in Harbour, but nothing too problematic). Yet a higher-end PC might be recommended. I don't feel any difference between Trinity High and Trinity Low. In this respect, I'd appreciate some constructive feedback from people with various system specs.

- I know this mission is aching to be relocated to Phaeden's Gaia Island, but I haven't had time to test the new island so far (ai-pathing especially). This mission has been in the making since August 2003.

- no MP version is in the making.

- turn up those speakers :-)

To do-list:

- respawn point selection. You can of course rely on savegame option (radio menu) as well. But I have added respawn in order to avoid losing your cash and having to work your way up again in the clan.

- random car & taxi movements (sadly enough, ai-buses can't navigate Trinity all that well. I had to leave a lot of the traffic out because AI kept crashing into houses & trees that are put too close to the road. A reason for moving on to Gaia Island?

- randomize speed limit control

- respawn is not 100%. Sometimes you respawn but the enddialog still kicks in. I tried to use onplayerkilled.sqs, which allows you to use death animations, but afterwards it prevents you from aborting the mission (even with disableuserinput false).

---

original posting

---

promogta.jpg

normally this is a topic broached by kiddies determined to release nothing but vague ideas, but this time it's for real.

Those who are fed up with east/west scenarios and/or are fond of civilian-type missions like The Working Mission - Nogova, NPD - Nogova Police Department or the Streets Campaign should check out

realistic crime city 4.0 (SP Mission).

Release date: December 15.

Features:

- open mission in which you can wander around freely and do some random car-stealing in order to earn money. But you can also choose to fullfil more serious mafia-type jobs.

- realism effect: thieves are lurking everywhere to steal your equipment if left unattended. So close that door and lock that car. In standard ofp, we have taken a habit of running in and out of other people's houses because doors are open by default in the editor. In Realistic Crime City, there is a lot of useful stuff lying around in houses, but you have to tackle the consequences as well ...

- realism effect: likewise, in ofp, we have grown accostumed to running around with big guns in cities. In urban areas, police now are keeping an eye on you, so you have to keep guns holstered or you'll be arrested.

- carjack script and gta like car effects (eheh)

- speed limit reinforcement: it is possible to ignore the cops chasing you, but then inevitably things will escalate

- quick & dirty money: to throw in some infernality and baseness, you can hire yourself as a modern-day gladiator in an arena with cheering crowds. Obviously, better make sure you have a gun before you do so ...

- civilian/urban settings, making abundant use of the many opportunities the brilliant Trinity Island has in store.

I still got a few things on the to-do list (like building a weapon buy menu that gives access to increasingly effective and destructive guns), but crime is already spreading very fast over Trinity right now tounge_o.gif.

this sounds so cool man, some fresh gameplay ideas in ofp smile_o.gif

too bad i have to wait another 2 hrs until work off .. but i´m looking forward to play it.

release date 15th crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif ? **** .. anyway..still looking forward to your mission wink_o.gif

*goes off to play need for speed*

Could we get a list of the addons maybe? rock.gif

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

Oh sounds nice, havent tested it yet but Im sure I would like to see this on MP.

Hey, where's the Columbian cartel eh?  I wanna hear them and their taunts they give.

Man, if you could model them in there with the walk animation in safe mode with weapon in hand, that would rock bro.

Anyways, sounds great and can't wait to get it.

Later,

Havoc.

Oh I don't know.....it's not that many. Could be good fun...look forward to this smile_o.gif

These doses look cool!

I want that dog! I want to unleash 500 of them in the edit and then try to run from them tounge_o.gif

December 15 ... I kept my promise! biggrin_o.gif see updated first posting

M27 plasma rifle eh? Last I heard that addon wasn't in any way resistance compatible unless you did something insane like... turn off hardware t&l.

EDIT

Nevermind. That's the most screwed up version of the t800 I've seen. It's got a reskinned m16.

I admit that the plasma gun is of inferior graphical quality, but hey, what about the fun factor?

by no means do I force you to use that weapon, it will take some time before you can buy it anyway

it's optional, if you don't like it, don't buy it, ok?

for the rest, I live by a slightly modified version of avonlady's motto:

"So many addons and so few great missions to play them in."

When I try to download this, it snags about 97KB of the file and then says it's finished. This also happens for the addons file. Is there something wrong with the download links on your page?

damn i`m getting the same error after i resume or try to play the mission "cannot load mission blabla AGS_BUILT_R2"

@karrillion: I have no problem downloading the files here, maybe retry or do right-click and save-as?

@pipo1nsano: most probably you are lacking the AGS City construction kit, see link in the addon list on the site.

Same prob with downloads. Considered mirroring? sad_o.gif

Looking forward to this too....

nop i do have it, and in the harbor mission i cannot open the door

@pipo1nsano: are you using Trinity Low resolution? I have little experience with the low resolution version of Trinity Island, I couldn't find much difference, but maybe they don't have animations on doors & such. If this is the case, you could switch to High Res or easier: order your men to get in the jeep and drive up to the entrance, they can serve as a distraction to the guards while you leg it to the main hangar.

There's an FPS drop for me only when I visit your site, and my comp is brand new... wow_o.gif

Hey redface !

Your mission simply looks AWESOME. I've downloaded all the addons from your site, and even created a mod folder for it, but it still says :

cannot load mission, missing addons : silversk, bluerc

Do you know what those are ?

Thx

Igor

I had that error too, but I found out that it's Devil's Civilian Vehicles that must not be in the complete download file. I got it from the website and it works fine now.

i do have the high res version.

i also discovered that i cannot clime any of the stairs in the mission(map)

Greetz

pipo

lol i think i got it now.

The addons pack, you can't save as, or save target as, only open. DL working now, plus my comp fixed itself I think. wow_o.gif

Ok, I'm having a good day now. biggrin_o.gif