Sign in to follow this  
da_ofp_man

I'v got a problem!

Why in my ofp everything goes so slow crazy_o.gif I can't play no more and after some time I play evrything jams! (sorry for my bad english)

Can you please give us your detailed hardware and software specs?

Also, try searching The FAQ for "sluggish", "lag", "processing", etc.

OK my proc is 700MHz and 192MB and disc 20GB and my operation program is Windows ME is that not enaugh for ofp?

This is the wrong section, but I'll tell you something to chear you up biggrin_o.gif

Before I got the PC I'm runing now I was using a 600Mhz, 250 ram, inbuild crap graphics, windows ME and I only had 15 gigs of space in my hard drive.

The space in the hard drive is irelevant by the way.

I was runing OFP just fine, with InQuisitors weapons pack in a mod folder.

The problem is that if you are playing a mission with alot goin on it will lag.

If you use hig polly addons or addons with very good graphics it will lag ( slow down)

Go to the setings and play about with the view distance, with the quality in general. Turn things of if you have too, like shadows for example.

You have to work out a combination that will sut the speed of you procesor and graphics, more RAM and better graphics will help, but if you can't upgrade your pc, just play about with the graphic setings, and make sure that any addons you use are cpu and graphics friendly.

The only way to know is by trial, or asking.

Remember, big battles= big lag.

I hope this helps.

If you're on a tight budget you might want to increase your RAM first, 192mb + ME is a bad mix, ME is a notorious memory leaker, after playing for 10 mins most of your RAM will be gone and it won't be coming back until you reboot.

If you're on a tight budget you might want to increase your RAM first, 192mb + ME is a bad mix, ME is a notorious memory leaker, after playing for 10 mins most of your RAM will be gone and it won't be coming back until you reboot.

you mean that i have to get a new windows! and how much RAMs?rock.gif?

Quote[/b] ]you mean that i have to get a new windows!

Windows XP will do. Or, you could buy a copy of Longhorn from the software "pirates" who just acquired a copy of it blues.gif .

Quote[/b] ]and how much RAMs?

As much as you can afford tounge_o.gif . A good first goal would be about 300Mb of RAM, but after that I'd work up to 500 Mb or so.

Or, you could buy a copy of Longhorn from the software "pirates" who just acquired a copy of it blues.gif .

No he couldn't because that would be illegal, and we don't condone or encourage illegal activity on these forums.

Windows XP will do. Or, you could buy a copy of Longhorn from the software "pirates" who just acquired a copy of it blues.gif .

As much as you can afford tounge_o.gif . A good first goal would be about 300Mb of RAM, but after that I'd work up to 500 Mb or so.

Wow 500 RAMs now my budget is going to suffer crazy_o.gif but I already purchased a new proc 2.60GH and 256 RAMs does it not enough! A new windows I can get anwere i now a lot of pirates smile_o.gif so that's no problem.

I suggest you go read the forum rules, and quickly.

Quote[/b] ]§2)No discussion about illegally obtained software

All discussions about warez, piracy or leaked software are strictly forbidden, such threads will be closed and will most likely result in a permanent ban for the instigator

I suggest you go read the forum rules, and quickly.
Quote[/b] ]§2)No discussion about illegally obtained software

All discussions about warez, piracy or leaked software are strictly forbidden, such threads will be closed and will most likely result in a permanent ban for the instigator

OK OK no problem.

but I already purchased a new proc 2.60GH and 256 RAMs does it not enough!

OFP version 1.75 and above plays noticeably better with 512MB of RAM.

OFP version 1.75 and above plays noticeably better with 512MB of RAM.

O man 512RAMs!!!! expenses.expenses and expenses!!! sad_o.gif