Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

S.w.a.t.

2 main reasons to see SWAT

1)Has Samuel L Jackson in it

2) Michelle Rodriguez with an MP5 (doesnt get much better than that)

Bank robbery scenes rocks especially with hostages and shoot-outs.

I was told this movie wasn't any good but it seemed cool and Samuel L Jackson was in it, so I decided to watch it anyway. It didn't have much of a good story but the action was good enough.

Well, I'll watch it just so long as it doesn't have tons of CGI in it. I'm sick to death of CGI (excepting LotR and the first Matrix).

I just saw the trailer AGAIN.

Samuel L. Jackson, I think, says:

"you're either S.W.A.T., or you're not"

..so stupid, probably like the rest of the film. I mean, if you aren't Swat, what the hell else can you be, other than NOT SWAT?! It's like saying "you're either a cheese sandwhich, or you're something else."  crazy_o.gif

Haha that reminds me of when CNN had there experts speak on Osama's whereabout's.

"We have come to the conclusion he's either dead or alive."

yes, i gotta agree that Samuel L. Jackson was one of the reason why i decided to watch this. biggrin_o.gif

I just saw the trailer AGAIN.

Samuel L. Jackson, I think, says:

"you're either S.W.A.T., or you're not"

..so stupid, probably like the rest of the film. I mean, if you aren't Swat, what the hell else can you be, other than NOT SWAT?! It's like saying "you're either a cheese sandwhich, or you're something else."  crazy_o.gif

lol hahaha biggrin_o.gif

when i first heard about this movie it sounded really cool...they had a thing between jackson and rodriguez something like

Jackson: "Ok let get into a killing mood"

Rodriguez: "I am in a killing mood"

Jackson: "Then why are you smiling"

Rodriguez: "Because it tickles me"

After that i had to go see it because i have got to find a chick like that.

I forgot to add something.

After Samuel L. Jackson assembles team there are scenes of his SWAT guys practicing helo insertion and room clearing. The building they use there(or at least shown) is a historical landmark.

Its name is Ambassador hotel, and is actually located near Wilshire/Normandy station(about one or two blocks to east). The historical aspect is that this is where Robert Kennedy(JFK's little brother) was assassinated.

Currently it's closed, and LA city is trying to turn the hotel into a jr high/highschool.

Now I remember one thing which was really freaky:

Anyone played SWAT 3? Remember the bank mission?

The bank robbery in SWAT is exactly the same! The building is the same, the weather is the same, the SWAT are insterted onto the roof, go down and crawl through the very dark ceiling with flashlights, then drop down into a storeroom, then into the very similiar bank with hostages and robbers with masks and assault rifles. rock.gif Seriously, it's the same scene!

@Ralph: Where did they use .50?

The bit that got me was where they landed a lear jet on a bridge (hmm, wouldnt be *any* crosswinds there then rock.gif ) then took off in the opposite direction.... yeah.. I can see that working.

Quote[/b] ]Anyone played SWAT 3? Remember the bank mission?

The bank robbery in SWAT is exactly the same! The building is the same, the weather is the same, the SWAT are insterted onto the roof, go down and crawl through the very dark ceiling with flashlights, then drop down into a storeroom, then into the very similiar bank with hostages and robbers with masks and assault rifles. Seriously, it's the same scene!

Yeah, a lot of deja vu in that film having played SWAT 3.

I liked it alot, it wasn't "documentary" accurate, but what heavy action big budget movie would be really if you think about it.

It's a good all around movie to rent minimum, I'm buying it when the price becomes fairly average and reasonable. (After the hype)

It sure the hell beats anything crappy like the "Iron Eagle" series.  That movie series made me sick with the lack of realism and using F-4 Phantoms as MiG-29's in the movie and saying they were MiG's.

I got a little surpise, in six hours I created a very good intro in a mission called "Armed Robbery at Nogovan Regional Bank."

The mission is not released or finished, but I garantee the intro will "KICK ASS", end quote.

Right now I'm having to work on controlling AI behavior and correctly scripting events to player and his team's actions and position relative to the robbers.

A post will be in the missions section of this forum.

@Ralph: Where did they use .50?

the scene where helicopter gets shotdown, while trying to pick up the arrested guy.