Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

S.w.a.t.

Quote[/b] ]Taken from official site

Two wisecracking, battle-hardened veterans (Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell) team up with a pair of street-smart rookies (Michelle Rodriguez and LL Cool J) to form the most freewheeling - but effective - S.W.A.T. team ever. Their first assignment: transport an international drug kingpin into federal custody - after he's offered $100 million to anyone who will free him!

After watching the trailer it looks pretty good.

Has anyone seen this film ?

Seen trailer on TV. Looks like over-the-top shit, not a realistic picture of the real job. Bit like BHD and basically every other film ever made.

(this does not include british films or band of brothers.)

biggrin_o.gif true tounge_o.gif

Mmm'kay... rock.gif

You've obviously not seen 3/4 of the British movies made and Band of Brothers isn't a film.

I've been waiting this film with interest. I was hoping it would be realistic, but I think I'm going to be disappointed. They don't know 'realistic' in hollywood.

eh, there was a thread about this movie...but can't find it., so i guess this thread stands...

it was already released here, and is on DVD IIRC. I heard they are one of those action movies. not bad, but for entertainment.

Mmm'kay... rock.gif

You've obviously not seen 3/4 of the British movies made and Band of Brothers isn't a film.

It's a series, but that does not make it NOT a film. It is more of a collection of films all based on the same thing.

And if the british can produce 28 days later, I think that makes up for all the bad films.

And if the british can produce 28 days later, I think that makes up for all the bad films.

Resident Evil was by far better then 28 days,

i havent seen SWAT yet but it could be a good time passer smile_o.gif

Resident Evil was by far better then 28 days,

*Me chokes on my sandwitch crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Resident Evil was by far better then 28 days

An opinion expressed as a fact, I'm afraid.

Indeed this is just wrong.  biggrin_o.gif

Seen trailer on TV. Looks like over-the-top shit, not a realistic picture of the real job. Bit like BHD and basically every other film ever made.

I assume you are british crazy_o.gif

I assume you are british  crazy_o.gif

No, I'm from Iceland.   rock.gif (check sig)

What is SWAT about, and how come it is on DVD in one place, but not even in the cinema yet in the UK?

I saw the movie, it was good. I think it could have been better, but it was good. I would recommend a rental at a video rental store.

And please, nobody mention the Resident Evil movie.. I nearly cried in the end because it was so horrible..

Turning a scary game into a cheap action movie.. what the hell was the DIRECTOR THINKING!?!?!?

Hey, speaking of bad movies, I just saw the Matrix: Revolutions the other day. I was just plain dissapointed at how lame it was at first, but when they had the balls to set the damn thing up for another sequel I nearly blew my top.

And please, nobody mention the Resident Evil movie.. I nearly cried in the end because it was so horrible..

Turning a scary game into a cheap action movie.. what the hell was the DIRECTOR THINKING!?!?!?

And I hear that it's the same director making Alien Vs Predator sad_o.gif

He'd better not fudge it up! crazy_o.gif

Gah, I'm seeing a reccuring theme around here...

"IF IT'S NOT REALISTIC IT IS SHIT!!1!one!!"

Honestly guys, don't take games/movies too seriously. I enjoy lots of films, games and anime... and more than 50% of which can't really be considered 'realistic'.

Anyway, I'm going to go see this. Would rather watch something like this than something as boring looking as Matrix Revolutions.

Just saw 'SWAT' yesterday. Dubbed into spanish so I didn't follow all the plot but thought it was not bad. Not great, but not bad. At least it should SWAT doing LOTS of training.

Really reminded my of the SWAT 3 game though, lots of familiar locations for anybody whos played it.

The problem with a realistic SWAT movie is it probably wouldn't appeal to the average teen males who make up the bulk of US cinema audiences.

I don't agree with the idea that Hollywood can't make realistic movies. Simply it choses not to. Seems to me a realistic SWAT movie would be lots of time and talk but very little action. Mayby one big sequence when things get out of hand. 'Heat' seems an obvious model in that respect, a great movie but how much money did it take at the box office compared with films like 'Fast and the furious' or 'XXX'?

Still for having a bit of fun 'SWAT' was a lot better than some of the things I've seen recently.

SWAT

What a goddamn film for life-loosers. In my point of view people who love watching these movies are the same ones loving japanese racing cars, black leather jackets, spicky hair, women with lots of gloss on their lips and wasting a sunday on the playstation.

Where has my Platoon, Die Hard, Beverly Hills Cop, Lethal weapon generation gone. Now we have that Fast and furious ......... mad_o.gif

Ouch.. thats pretty skathing.. of people opinions. after all its all down to taste.

I am prolly one of the only people who enjoyed Matrix revolutions. WHy? because it did not end in a blaze of glory so to speak.

it was almost unique.. sure some things "I" would have liked to of seen happen didnt.. but thats why the matrix was a success it was different. Sure people will flame it but at the end of the day there has not been a story so unique in 20 years.

They set standards that films are still trying to catch up on.

Personally I will not know wat to do once i have seen ROTK I mean how do you top such an awsome trillogy?

My faith in hollywood is not great so I suspect we will all have to wait for something this special for quite a few years.

Quote[/b] ]

What a goddamn film for life-loosers. In my point of view people who love watching these movies are the same ones loving japanese racing cars, black leather jackets, spicky hair, women with lots of gloss on their lips and wasting a sunday on the playstation

Well I didn't love it but I thought it was reasonable way to pass two hours on a sunday morning. No plans to see it again or buy the DVD.

And I can say that every one of these stereotypes is wrong for me. Hell, I don't even have a playstation and wouldn't know a japanese racing car if I saw one.

Out of curiosity Albert, have you actually seen the film or did that little rant come out of blind assumptions? If you have, what did you think was so bad about it ( or simply the idea of entertaining movies ), if you haven't save your wrath for things you actually know about.

i wonder how the movies will be like in 20 years.

movie directors dont give a sh1t about people from 20 years ago (30 and older people) because that would make them win not so much money, they are focusing on today's teen so they can make big bucks $$$$, only money is worthy today.

"Didn't like the movie but you still watched it so you paid for it, so i dont give a flying ****"

Thats what directors think

its like cigs companys, i dont care if people die of my product i just want money.

Sick world crazy_o.gif