Sign in to follow this  
HoboWithAK

Model replacement/reskins?

I was wondering if there are any client-side replacement/reskin models and/or textures for the original OFP stuff. Like, you know how in Counterstrike you can use custom models for your guns? Well, I want some for OFP. Like replacement models for the stock OFP vehicles, weapons, soldiers, stuff like that. Are there any?

Well, what do you want them for? to replace the vehicles, armour, men, and air?

Or even if you just want some addons to create missions or just full about like me, If so, you are in one of the best places.

the problem is that is so many that you'll download the lot, and you'll finish by the time your grandson gets married.

So escape now before is to late for you ghostface.gif

I have no cure crazy_o.gif  <span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>crazy</span>

No, serious now. I don't know how much about addons and mods you know about, probably more than me, and I supose you know the explo mod, and so many things.

If you don't and you are really lost, I hope this is of any help to you.

Topic about the explo mod

Topic about UCE+JAM

A good news site about OFP.

My fav editing site.

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>A must have</span>

Is so much stuff around that you won't be able to get to use even half of them crazy_o.gif

Have a look around, you may have to learn a bit about configuration bins and so on, if what you want is to replace the standart skins, but if you download the explo mod and follow the explo mod topic you'll be able to learn a bit, ofcourse, download the explo mod and inquisitor weapons(if you have a average pc) and youll have new skins and sounds for the weapons, and fantastic FX, it makes a brand new different and more realistic Operation Flashpoint.

I hope this helps, but if you know about all that stuff I don't know what to say.

Have fun.

No. I don't wan't addons, I want replacements for the BIS models and stuff. I already have all the BAS stuff, but I would like to be able to play addon-free missions and have it look half way decient. The BIS models are getting too old.

Do you have the link to Inq's website?

You may want to check out the thread about Silesian's retextured vehicles...Can't really be bothered to search for the thread for you (I've just had a massive meal biggrin_o.gif), but it's not hard tounge_o.gif

mmm...u can use Inquisitor's Mod + GMR_exploMod (u will need INQ Weapons pack and INQ Mod and GMR ) and all your SP missions and Campaigns will be automaticly fitted with INQ's weapons and mad FX...quite nice really

No. I don't wan't addons, I want replacements for the BIS models and stuff. I already have all the BAS stuff, but I would like to be able to play addon-free missions and have it look half way decient. The BIS models are getting too old.

Do you have the link to Inq's website?

As @cero already explained, it´s possible to edit ur config.bin the way that every BIS addon u like (or in this case "don´t like") will ingame be replaced by any other random addon you want wink_o.gif

i´d like to do this too but i´m afraid i have too less time on my hands to get jiggy with that editing stuff crazy_o.gif

btw..here´s a link to Inq´s page: http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~inquisitor/

The only units that really need replacing/remodeling/skinning are the aircraft. The tanks and cars are mint, if you ask me. I mean, the M1A1 and M2 Bradley look sexy still, (the M2 moreso) and things like Humm Vees and Urals and such also look the part. But yeah, the aircraft are showing their age.

If I could just replace the BIS soldiers, I would be happy. I gotta learn how to do that.

i depboed my res data, data 3d pbo and replaced the Tank models with sigmas M1a1 and M60 and the RHS t-54A, t-72 BM and T-80 UM1 wink_o.gif palying the campagn is alot more fun now with nice shinny tanks biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I ( If I ever have time to do it) will use UCEs units for East, the new reskined resistance for resistance and Frandesten marines for West.

Alot more stuff will be added.

If I ever finish it I will let people have it.

It would be nice for some other people who allready done this to share a bit biggrin_o.gif