Sign in to follow this  
Silent Noise

Problem with -mod subdirectories

greetings

I have a problem with my addon subfolders in OFP Res.

In the last weeks I have installed the RTS-3 Addons from Karr on my computer some people told my that the best way to do this would be the creating of subfolders so I have create this folders:

Operation Resistance/@BCA/AddOns

/@Nam/AddOns

/@Spec/AddOns

/@ww2/AddOns

all BCA addons are in the BCA/Addons folder and so on

I start all this mod with this link:

"F:\Operation Resistance\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=@BCA;@Nam;@ww2;@Spec

but everytime after the klick on this link my OFP screen is completle green and I cant see on of the buttons (Multiplayer..)

and an error message like this: Addon BIS Camel requires Addon BIS Weapons Pack or something like that.

When I remove the addon subfolders from my Operation Resistance folder I become an error message (same like above but with different addons) too but my OFP starts normal.

I have read that this green screen problem can be caused when the W-Buffer option is enabeld but on my pc this option is disabeld.

Here are some facts about my PC and the OFP on it:

AMD XP 1800

Readon 8500 (new driver)

512 DDRAM

Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 soundcard

MSI KT3 Ultra2 board (VIA KT333 Chipset)

Win2000 (all patches)

VIA 4in1 driver installed

OFP Video:

1152x864x16

75 Hz

Frames: 20.40

VQ:7.19

View:1000

Details: low

Hardware TL: On

Multitex.: Off

W-Buffer: Off

Objektshadow: Off

Vehicleshadow: Off

Clouds: On

Blood: On

I dont know what I can do against this problem I hope on of you can tell my whats wrong

thanks SN

First of all, download the BIS Sopwith Camel from this BIS page.

Next, did you search the TROUBLESHOOTING forum here for the word "green" in post titles, starting from the beginning of the year?

yes my OFP version is 1.94 beta

hmm no I have only searched for mod and subfolder but I see now why "green" would be better...

EDIT: the ww2 folder contains the Camel addon

You should check if you have the camel more than once, iirc it was in the bac addon too. Also you should try running ofp with the -nomap parameter.

And you should mv 2s19.pbo, 88.pbo and rt3vehicleaddon.pbo to the normal addons folder as they have broken dependencies.

This should help with the error messages. The green screen is more graphics card/driver related i think.

ok I have reinstalled my OFP and my Readon drivers and I added the nomap parameter to my shortcut.

Now all works fine unclesam.gif

thx for your help

greetings SN