Sign in to follow this  

^_^ warning! ^_^

LOL Lego'olics are aplenty i see ... anyone ever got any Space Police series ones i got those loads of em now , they are just rotting in a carton in someplace biggrin_o.gif

DeadMeat i am impressed even i couldnt build such huge structures , i was more in to joining lego and electric stuff together i once successfully made a working windMill (all by myself) by attaching a rotor (taken from a broken car toy) and having AA 1.5 battery to it and then joining it with the LEgo parts .. woo a nice windmill with lights for night time too tounge_o.gif

Man, I've been looking at the pics on the sites that peeps have posted up... makes me feel all warm and bubly inside.

@Ace, hehe, I did that too, motorised cranes, trucks, radars the lot biggrin_o.gif

LEGO, was, is and allways will be the best toy I've ever had, its just so universal, one day it can be a car, the next a house, and the day after a ship...

Tell me, what other toys (apart from Mechano - THE original building toy, and K'nex - a cheap ripoff of the beloved LEGO) can do that?

Edit: I should scan some pics in and show you lot what I got up to before OFP biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

@Ace, hehe, I did that too, motorised cranes, trucks, radars the lot biggrin_o.gif

LEGO, was, is and allways will be the best toy I've ever had, its just so universal, one day it can be a car, the next a house, and the day after a ship...

Edit: I should scan some pics in and show you lot what I got up to before OFP  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Yeah man its the MODIBILITY issue again tounge_o.gif just like OFP , Lego can be moulded in to anything .. i used to love making streets with traffic jam when i was little hours of fun crazy_o.gif ... now i that it think of it makes me feel like a stupid git biggrin_o.gif

Hehe, cities, those were great to make too. I loved having full military invasions in them, or hurricanes. biggrin_o.gif

Hehe, cities, those were great to make too. I loved having full military invasions in them, or hurricanes. biggrin_o.gif

How'd you used to simulate Hurricanes huh? Moms hair dryer? crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

I use to use plastic green and tan soldiers with legos and have CQB combat. Then I would have my Jurassic Park dinosaur toys kill them.:D

lol! its funny frenchman i did the same!!! i had the t-rex and after the green dudes won he would come in and kill the rest of the soldiers tounge_o.gif

i loved lego, heck I still do. although my parents forced me to pass them on a younger brother who slowly lost them all..... but I still have a carrier ship built in the leaving room, although its not real lego, but some copycat lol

Lol!

I had this huge Godzilla figure,60 or 80 ish centimeters I think.

He'd attack the cities and smash everything to bits biggrin_o.gif

I think the city is still somewhere under covers in the attic...

Definetely the thing to pass on to your kids smile_o.gif

How'd you used to simulate Hurricanes huh? Moms hair dryer?  crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Horizontal arm motion, sweeping over the buildings. First small signs and light posts, them small buildings, and finally bridges and sky scrapers!!! biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh, beautiful legos......

I used to have large sand wars with about 30 lego guys versus 25-30 Warhammer guys. Planes, tanks, weapons, damn that was fun tounge_o.gif

OMG how long have i been away from these things they seem to have advanced tounge_o.gif , must be this war on terror series by LEGO eh ? All the army stuff in it.

OMG how long have i been away from these things they seem to have advanced  tounge_o.gif  , must be this war on terror series by LEGO eh ? All the army stuff in it.

I don't think you will ever see mordern war lego, only knights, spacemen and police(I am not sure) are armed in that universe.

STGN

I don't understand all this imperfect used here. "Used to play", "loved lego" etc. I played with Lego the entire previous fall and most of the spring.

This is the beauty that me and a colleague of mine built (for a project about autonomous learning systems):

Meet BASTARD (Biped Autonomous Self Tutoring Assembled Robotic Drone)

bastard.jpg

bastard2.jpg

We were to build a biped robot that learned by itself how to walk. Of course we chose LEGO as the base for the mech.

In hindsigth this wasn't the wisest choice as lego is not suitable for high-stress mechanics. Have you seen lego break? During the development of the prototype we broke 87 lego gears.  crazy_o.gif

Here's a video of some early tests of the adaptive control system, that were um.. well, funny to watch anyway.

In the end it did however learn to walk very good without the crutches and could do pretty rough terrain too.

Wow Denoir... Pretty advanced stuff! All those robotic parts weren't out when I still played with Legos. In Fact I still have an old liquor cardboard box full of bricks somewhere in my basement. Only a few medium sets, but still enough to build either a MG, an assault rifle, several handguns, or some medieval weapons. tounge_o.gif

I wish I still had some photos of my AK47 or M4... biggrin_o.gif

I think my children will get that box someday and have the same fun I had with it.