BBSmith

Name was killed by (custom message)

Where in the string Table can i go and see the:

MyName Was Killed by YourName

or

Myself was killed

or

I killled YourName?

(im new with string table, a pure beginning, so if you could assist in helping me with the location I would appreacaite it)

----------

Instead of hearing that Ding Ding Ding Ding, is there something that I can maybe "download" or somthing to replace that and have maybe a Slient noise there?.

THAT GIVES ME THE HIGEST HEADACHE, with headphones.

Thanks alot pepz

In stringtable.csv(OFP/Res/Bin folder(not the one in OFP/Bin)), line 517 (atleast for me) is the killed by message.  The part in column A should be STR_KILLED_BY.  Just change the stuff in column B(English) to what you want yours to be.  Keep the order of %s things the same.  The game puts peoples names, etc there.  The next line (STR_KILLED in column A) is what it will show when you die like by getting hit by a car.  Line 2522 and 2523 are the ones for friendly fire.

Oh, and like open the csv in excel to edit it. You could just do it in notepad, but it'd be a really big pain in the ass.

Danke, now for the beeping. (I put it in this thread to avoid making another topic)

What's the "ding-ding-ding-ding" thing you're referring to? When does it play?

Well, when you join a server for one. The messages that pop up. For instance "Welcome to KaRRiLLioN's Server". It will make a noise. It also makes that sound once you have connected to a multiplayer server.

That noise occurs so much, it makes my head want to explode inside these headphones.

I can tell you one thing, if you lower your music volume the ping should be quieter or off as well.

You can get or make a modified resource.cpp to disable that. Probably won't even throw problems in MP. Sorry not time to look into it more.

Does anyone know of a simple Overwrite that copies over the old file, and the new file that is going to be copied would have the "ding" sount absent

Battlefield sounds replaced the ding-sound with a tone sound.

What i see is STR_KIL%%%%%%%%%%% or somthing, How can i Extend the Little Box to see the words?

What i see is STR_KIL%%%%%%%%%%% or somthing, How can i Extend the Little Box to see the words?

Are you opening up the CSV file with Excel? Open it with a plain text editor instead.