Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Official Soundpack ?

BIS any chance of getting an official sound upgrade?There is a huge demand for improved sounds as you can see by Sacthels thread in the addons forum. Looks like there are at least three unofficial soundpacks out now. Give the OFP community what it wants " Better Sounds"

b*tch b*tch b*tch...that's all that is done around here......the only thing wrong with the sound in the game is allot of the stuff is common sounds but that's the way it is with tons of games......they all use the same sounds........

(Edited by Rogue2020 at 8:06 pm on Dec. 12, 2001)

BIS, more presice Medvidek, has closed the Thread you are refering to down, for unknown reasons without a statement.

If this is the way BIS contributes to the time and effort put into such projects by fans and contributions of the community, this is indeed a sad place to be. Instead of appreciating it, they seem to work against it. There are not much active posters remaining on this board, neither in the OFP scene, Servers are hard to find and now BIS scares even it´s former core fans away, i think it can´t get any worse...........

I assume this is a clear message from BIS, and my tip of the day will be that soundmods won´t work with the next Flashpoint patch, because the company puts in newer and stronger encryption, to prevent anyone from doing custom addons that only work by modifying a Flashpoint file.....no matter if those addons are good, and working flawlessly. There is no solution offered, e-mails get answered after nearly a month or remain unanswered completely.

They seem to have no interest in the mod community, nor in their fanbase, so my interest in OFP ends. I wouldn´t want to believe this, now that i´m myself directly affected by this, i think i just wasn´t realistic enough to see whats going on the whole time. I can understand why some people left the board and OFP, i guess it´s about time to move on.

Some of you may think, #### whats the deal at all, a thread closed so what- For me it´s not only the thread closed, it also means that BIS doesn´t support nor even "tolerate" such modifikations. It wouldn´t make much sense to do further working on the mod, cause BIS will probably do everything to prevent it from working with the next OFP patch.

If you´re happy playing the BIS addon game, by having to create special missions featuring the mods to see them at all, plenty of fun at doing this, i think it´s nonsense, especially true for multiplayer when there are 100´s of such addons to choose the right one from.

On the little servers left for OFP, sometimes you can´t login because they use an addon on the map you don´t have.

Hope to catch some of you in IL-2, www.ilyushin2.net , a place where Developers are not counter productive, and mods are highly appreciated and welcomed from the start.

over & out

Satchel

(Edited by Satchel at 9:38 pm on Dec. 12, 2001)

yup, the il2 developers are really good, oleg maddox (creater of the game) is a active poster on the forums there and answers many questions people have, and the udi development team may be having a tourney with the gamers smile.gif

all Bis seem to do on this forum is

#Moderation Mode

Moved here

I have lost my interest in OFP, after what they done to Satchels thread.

People, listen there will be no SDK or new addons stop fooling yourself.