Sign in to follow this  
ejik

Can't play multiplayer

I got i kinda strange problem, been asking around in alot of forums but nobody can help. Here it comes:

Me and my friend, with uniqe id's cant play internet games at the same time. We are on a LAN, so we do got the same ip. One of our computers got tho NIC's and is sharing internet to a hub, the other one got internet from the hub. If one of us is connected to a internet game and the other one tries to connect, to the same or to another, the first players looses his connection. Is there some way to get this to work without buying a router?

Thanks in advance.

Ya Windows has built in ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

Only problem I had with it is you wont be able to host OFP

I got i kinda strange problem, been asking around in alot of forums but nobody can help. Here it comes:

Me and my friend, with uniqe id's cant play internet games at the same time. We are on a LAN, so we do got the same ip. One of our computers got tho NIC's and is sharing internet to a hub, the other one got internet from the hub. If one of us is connected to a internet game and the other one tries to connect, to the same or to another, the first players looses his connection. Is there some way to get this to work without buying a router?

Thanks in advance.

I've had a similar problem when I first moved in with my roommate. We were connected through my computer and the only way we could get the game to allow both of us to play at the same time was for me (the computer connected directly to the net) to log into a server first, then he could join. If he logged into the server first it wouldn't even let me connect. We choose to splurge and get a router though, and have had much better connection and less lag as a result. I know you said without a router, but it truely is worth the $50 for a # of reasons....

Cos.

Thanks in advance.

I've had a similar problem when I first moved in with my roommate.  We were connected through my computer and the only way we could get the game to allow both of us to play at the same time was for me (the computer connected directly to the net) to log into a server first, then he could join.  If he logged into the server first it wouldn't even let me connect.  We choose to splurge and get a router though, and have had much better connection and less lag as a result.  I know you said without a router, but it truely is worth the $50 for a # of reasons....

Cos.

I totally agree with this. If you do, get one of the linksys ones.

If you want to go the extra mile, get an 802.11g router and two wireless 802.11g network cards and split the cost with your roomate.

Why wlan when we are three meters away from each other smile_o.gif. The problem is that i'm broke..

If I (i share the connection) connects first, i get disconnected when my friend connects, if the other one connects first and i try to connect, it says "creating client", and then i get some strange error massage and cant join another server until i restart ofp. Really strange..

WLAN isn't that cool, it's slower than fast ethernet and insecure even with best encryption settings.

WLAN isn't that cool, it's slower than fast ethernet and insecure even with best encryption settings.

I know I know.. Worked with it all summer and i am really against it.

Im sure win2k can do this but the setup is little sketchy, your after port forwarding and NATfor win2k/xp, did a search on google and there are some very good sites that i think may fix your problem try here

All they have to do is enable Windows ICS...no costs involved.

Right now it appears that they are just both plugged into a hub that has internet and trying to share internet that way,well whoever gets it first and it will keep disappearing and it won't work that way

Need a router or router software (Windows ICS)

I had that, but I had tried placing a NOCD Crack into one of my Flashpoints and it turned out, that it kicked me and my LAN Parter off, while the new player connected. So, getting a new copy of the game was my option. But, I still get the "Remember, original Games do not fade", could it be because of the Same IP Address? I dont know.

(Not accusing you of Pirating, just giving you my ecperiences).