Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

ahh ok but i was under the impression that the mod config when ran over runs the original config ? soo wouldnt that render the EDP config useless?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question but i am confused over this particular issue since thats what RED also said...

Yes, using a config.bin in a MOD folder overwites the original. I am not sure how this is working for you Pappy Boyington?

RED

Yes, using a config.bin in a MOD folder overwites the original. I am not sure how this is working for you Pappy Boyington?

RED

Maybe hes hallucinating? tounge_o.gif

No offense Pappy plz post us a pic of one of the exlposions showing the ECP in effect too like a plane smoke trail so we know that BOTH are INDEED running?

I am lost here as to how this is working for you? sad_o.gif , i wish it would run for me too....

combinconfig.jpg

it works for me cuz im freaking special  tounge_o.gif

PS: i smudged out my screenname in game cuz i like to keep a certian amount of privacy  tounge_o.gif

Sorry Pappy,

I tried out your method but the only thing I got was GMR explo. Definetly not ECP anywhere.

I'm using the default GMR BIN and no DR or BLood showed up.

So it works for you it is something else you did.

i replaced both my CWC and Res bins and DTA stuff with the one this fella has provided. put the addons in my addon folder, and well like i said.. everything that was in the corrasponding folders i matched to the folders on my HD. with teh GRM running as a seperate mod.. and the ECP replace the default stuff and it should work. if it doesnt u could always try cussing at it? works for me sometimes biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif lol

Cusing won't help me thinks. Replacing bin in both bin folders of OFP just might.

I go try that

tounge_o.gif

Well it doesn't work.

Replaced both BIN and DTA in both CWC and RES still no go.

Even added 'ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs' and 'ECP_Settings.sqs' in the corrosponding spot at both CWC and RES.

I am using the flamer.bin from GRM and DR from ECP. I don't use INQ weapons.

Any ideas?  rock.gif

ps cusing didn't work either

you did place in the resource.ccp in the Bin folders (leaveing the orginal) and place a script folder in teh DTA folder with the other stuff? thats what i did (once agian in both CWC and res)

Well it doesn't work.

Replaced both BIN and DTA in both CWC and RES still no go.

Even added 'ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs' and 'ECP_Settings.sqs' in the corrosponding spot at both CWC and RES.

I am using the flamer.bin from GRM and DR from ECP. I don't use INQ weapons.

Any ideas? rock.gif

ps cusing didn't work either

It is impossible to work because GMR config.bin do not contains any commands that call ECP effects and vica versa

I haven't yet had a look at the @ECP effects but I am looking forward to it.

What I'd like to comment on is Goldmember and the ECP teams willingness to work together for the greater good, to combine the best of both their efforts and it is the OFP community who will benefit from this and I applaud.

If certain other mod teams, maybe those who have been noted to be a bit up themselves, were more willing to work together with their peers they could achieve so much more. We can only hope Goldmember and ECP's first steps in this direction inspire them.

After all you can only really use so many mods and the teams should work together to create the best. smile_o.gif

Hmm, how do you go about running 2 configs? I was under the impression that this was impossible?

I have quite a few things to add, expect another beta soon smile_o.gif

RED

If it is possible I would guess that you specify more than one mod in your command line and the config changes are applied int he order they are specified. If one both mods happen to change the same part of the config, the last mod to be loaded by flashpoint would be the one that changes that particular part.

This is how Active Directory group policies work with Windows 2000/2003 Domains, so I'm just aplying the same logic.

What I'd like to comment on is Goldmember and the ECP teams willingness to work together for the greater good, to combine the best of both their efforts and it is the OFP community who will benefit from this and I applaud.

If certain other mod teams, maybe those who have been noted to be a bit up themselves, were more willing to work together with their peers they could achieve so much more. We can only hope Goldmember and ECP's first steps in this direction inspire them.

After all you can only really use so many mods and the teams should work together to create the best.  smile_o.gif

Agreed, agreed and agreed. unclesam.gif

I have a question'. I'm using SIG's tank pack. These tanks however do not have a shockeffect. I tried adding the tankguns to ECP_settings.sqs under the line ECP_shock_dust_gun_sizes butit doesn't have any effect.

Any help here?

As to the question regarding a tank guns muzzle velocity: If my memory serves me correctly, an M1A1's 120mm Sabot round leaves the barrel at ~7000 feet per SECOND. That is just shy of 4,800 MPH. If I'm not mistaken, in "standard" (fair temp, mid-low humidity) speed of sound is ~760mph. In other words, round leaves the barrel at over 6 times the speed of sound. So, beyond minimal range, (where the difference will hardly be noticable) the shell will have done it's business before you hear the report of it being fired.

Oh, and if there was doubt, the game does model this. As an example, take one of the various mortars available. Fire it ~1km away. You will see the explolsion spurt up, then hear the explosion noticably afterwards. When I first saw this, I couldn't help but think.. How cool! (That they had done what so many games do not)  (guess lacking a mortar, createvehicle an explosive device a fair distance from you in the editor. More controlable this way too. LGBs work well due to explosion size)

Haven't tested if the Doppler effect is modeled. Not really usefull in this games envoronment (most noticable from a strafing A/c, etc) but cool nonetheless. IL2 series sim does this wonderfully.

I have a question'. I'm using SIG's tank pack. These tanks however do not have a shockeffect. I tried adding the tankguns to ECP_settings.sqs under the line ECP_shock_dust_gun_sizes butit doesn't have any effect.

Any help here?

Yes this is my fault, if you wait a day or two we will have a new version out which fixes many bugs and adds some new features.

RED

Bingo I'll wait I really like the work you guys put out.

Damm what a choice! Am I going to use Goldmember's work or yours. This is torture!

tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

@Baron - things like that will be addressed in the next version, when we do some serious config changes.

What we wanted to achieve with this version was all the scripting, and to see how many people would use it, and what config changes people would like.

Look out for a thread asking what sort of config changes you lot want soon.

As to the question regarding a tank guns muzzle velocity: If my memory serves me correctly, an M1A1's 120mm Sabot round leaves the barrel at ~7000 feet per SECOND. That is just shy of 4,800 MPH. If I'm not mistaken, in "standard" (fair temp, mid-low humidity) speed of sound is ~760mph. In other words, round leaves the barrel at over 6 times the speed of sound. So, beyond minimal range, (where the difference will hardly be noticable) the shell will have done it's business before you hear the report of it being fired.

Oh, and if there was doubt, the game does model this. As an example, take one of the various mortars available. Fire it ~1km away. You will see the explolsion spurt up, then hear the explosion noticably afterwards. When I first saw this, I couldn't help but think.. How cool! (That they had done what so many games do not)  (guess lacking a mortar, createvehicle an explosive device a fair distance from you in the editor. More controlable this way too. LGBs work well due to explosion size)

Haven't tested if the Doppler  effect is modeled. Not really usefull in this games envoronment (most noticable from a strafing A/c, etc) but cool nonetheless. IL2 series sim does this wonderfully.

Baron Von Beer thats very good info mate. cheers smile_o.gif

Heres part of some data I collected from the game.

Actual in game speeds

Armour /static/forwards/backwards weapon bullet/projectile speed

M1A1 static Mgun 3600(in km/h)

M1A1 forwards " " 3700(in km/h)

M1A1 backwards " " 3500(in km/h)

M1A1 static Sabot 5400(in km/h)

M1A1 forwards " " 5500(in km/h)

M1A1 backwards " " 5300(in km/h)

M1A1 static Heat 5400(in km/h)

M1A1 forwards " " 5500(in km/h)

M1A1 backwards " " 5300(in km/h)

Deadmeat will be looking into this further I think

Yes there is a standard doppler effect in game, works well with some sounds and not so well with others

Zay