Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

aah...has taken so long, i nearly forgot about the super config but finally it´s there. thank you guys smile_o.gif

have to give it a try tomorrow

This is really good stuff,im very impressed wink_o.gif

Just 1 question:

Will this DR still give MP modified message?

Yes.

There is no way to have a DR without the modified config message, since the DR pack modifies the config...

Sound packs like Battlefield insane which replace only the default sounds (by overwriting the sound.pbo) will not produce the message, as they do not modify the config.

Playing someone without ECP will also give the modified config message.

Guest Hitman[SWAF]
Just 1 question:

I think that if it modifies as many sounds as the original DR did, it will pop up with the message... Hope not thought.  smile_o.gif

I really would like to use this in a normal games but I have one problem: I dont like the normal OFP sounds and if the DR you have created pop's up a config message, I cant use that either.

So a question: Can this be usen with some other sound packs? For example Kyllikki Sound pack?

*edit* You sure can use a diffirent sound pack with this beautiful addon! smile_o.gif , now just waiting for an answer about that DR message. */edit*

Yes this can be used with any sound mods that don't change sounds, just replace them. Though not tested, running the ECP (with the default confgi) + Kyllikki Sound pack should be fine smile_o.gif

RED

Impressive work!

Heli and plane damage looks really cool.

But, and I am sad to say this, I will use GMR-Mod cause of "better" helidust, shockdust and ~burning houses~ effects.

Maybe some "combined" work and share some effects?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Impressive work!

But, and I am sad to say this, I will use GMR-Mod cause of "better" helidust, shockdust and ~burning houses~ effects.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I have to agree - for now I will still use Goldmember's mod as his explosions are just too scrumptious to pass up. But I'm fairly certain he will make his mod compatible with the ECP pretty quick (you know how fast GM works) what with it being open source, and then it really will be a super config. smile_o.gif

Anyone got a link for the new Dynamic Range? I keep getting cut off when downloading it from OFPEC. sad_o.gif

Guest Hitman[SWAF]
This is really good stuff,im very impressed wink_o.gif

Just 1 question:

Yes.

There is no way to have a DR without the modified config message, since the DR pack modifies the config...

Sound packs like Battlefield insane which replace only the default sounds (by overwriting the sound.pbo) will not produce the message, as they do not modify the config.

Playing someone without ECP will also give the modified config message.

Damn... Then it means I can only use this pack on our private games, not on public games since you would be called a cheater because of the message.

Anyway its a great addon and worth of downloading wink_o.gif

Can anyone help me out with this: Both with the Explosion mod + blood, and now this (even with OFPEC blood by itself) I get *NO* blood effects when on the BAS Opfor/civilians, and the pilots under West/BAS Men. I tried inserting BAS_MEN under classes in this ones setup file, but that did nothing. (Saw that reference in the Opfor config file, so gave it a shot.) Tried with the BAS files in both Res\addons and OFP\addons. Nothing seems to get the effects to work with these, and only these units.

Any help appreciated. I can't allow my men to bleed all over, while the baddies just give off puffs. Very bad for morale, you understand. smile_o.gif

for d/ling:

I used Get Right. Forgot I had it installed, and after 2 cut-offs in Netscape... plus, got 58kb/s instead of the 15 I was getting with Netscape. smile_o.gif

(If unfamiliar, get right allows you to resume a download if it is interupted, you need to get off if on a dial up, etc. Whatever the cause, it will pick up where it left off in a download.)

HI!

I am a little disappointing about quality of some effects, but I know how many tries and how many time need to achive a really goodlooking effect, and also know this is a beta. You guys have 10 times better scripting knowledge ( I understood every 5th word only in your script ) but I have 10 times more time to test one effect. But I am glad too because my old wish come true: tank shell sounds are amazing, I do not know (yet) how you done it, but this will my first task to buid into my mod.:D

And AT backblast and blood will follow.

BTW I found a bug: dead parachute burning and when it reach the ground my pc is frozen (i used ofpbeta1.92)

Keep up good work!

Quote[/b] ]Woo hoo.. updated sounds!!! *Pops a few rounds off into the surrounding crowd, to hear the sounds, and see the blood spurts*

Bullet rounds only have inflight sounds if coming towards you smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But, and I am sad to say this, I will use GMR-Mod cause of "better" helidust, shockdust and ~burning houses~ effects.

smile_o.gif The ECP has two chopper scripts to choose from and multiple dust colours available for end user to choose. Did u try both scripts? These choices are made in the ECP_settings.sqs. LOL its not a competition, this is just a start. An EXTREME amount of attention has been paid to making the ECP playable on low end machines, once more settings and variables are introduced into the ecp_settings.sqs then end user will have more scripts and drop settings to play with at their discretion--who knows , we may even get a GUI. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I tried inserting BAS_MEN under classes in this ones setup file, but that did nothing.

The Addons currently supported by ECP are BAS delta rangers, and SEB nampack 2. All standard CWC and RES units are supported. DEADMEAT is working on further BAS and JAM integration.

Quote[/b] ]BTW I found a bug: dead parachute burning and when it reach the ground my pc is frozen (i used ofpbeta1.92)

Thanks for the report mate, we are onto it.

BTW I personally recommend 1.94. The ECP has some pretty hefty things to do and 1.92 doesnt handle them all as well as 1.94 does IMO. We have tested it on a PIII800 and found minimal lag due to what we like to think of as "smart scriptting"

Remember this ECP is still in BETA mode, at this stage all that we really wanted to acheive was a stable template that--once in place--we can then start throwing all kindsa things at it, and know theyll work.

Zay

Impressive work!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

why only use one? why not be a greedy basterd like me. and replace the OFP configs with this one. and placing the files provided in teh folders marked. (ie: dta contents int eh dta folder) and run BOTH gmr mod and this master super duper spiffyer fantaserific config together  biggrin_o.gif  (back up your old ones thou JUST IN CASE  smile_o.gif

edit: i did this cuz i was NOT giving up my GMR mod. Goldmember is a god and his godly work must remain on my PC biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for your hard work guys/gals....

One question, how is it with multiplayer compability? Any known issues? I'm currently using Goldmembers excellent ExploMod but will give this one a try as well.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Great basis for many added effects to OFP... this quality of scripting and some really good looking special effects by goldmember would really kick arses !! smile_o.gif

I have noticed one glitch... i launched the effect test mission, when the tanks are destroyed and no longer burning when i would fire laws at them, the rocket simply goes thru like there's nothing on their way...

Thanx for those scripts and the way one can easilly change the configuration smile_o.gif

I am a little jealous about that. At least 41 minutes until downloading. biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh...they're both great. It's not like nobody appreciates your work around here Goldmember smile_o.gif

I am a little jealous about that. At least 41 minutes until downloading. biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh...they're both great. It's not like nobody appreciates your work around here Goldmember smile_o.gif

i already hail him as a god  tounge_o.gif  and like i said i found a way ot replace my orgianl files so i could run both cuz i didnt want to give up my GMR mod.. i mean sure i could delete it.. but youd have to pry the mouse form my cold dead fingers b4 that GMR gets deleted out of my OFP folder biggrin_o.gif

PS: jsut a lil test... AH1 vs hind and shilka... bad ass sound fx form the DR sound pack, with the wonderful smoke, flames, and debris of gmr explosions, add that to the hinds "splash" fx from (this mod?) when it hit the water.. and finnaly my beautiful INQ M4A1 that the piltos are default eqiped with.

I am very bloodu confused with all thse files mixing up together ...

Can anyone breifly explain to us not so intelligent blokes as to what different is this to the GMR mod? I dont wanna re/dld somthing i already have? And can i play this without the DR pack thing? rock.gif

I am very bloodu confused with all thse files mixing up together ...

Can anyone breifly explain to us not so intelligent blokes as to what different is this to the GMR mod? I dont wanna re/dld somthing i already have? And can i play this without the DR pack thing?  rock.gif

Read the thread, this has been asked before smile_o.gif

RED

Ok got that sorted now can anyone tell me is this MOD playable along with GMR too? If i wanna use GMR and run it side by side who will operate where? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I am very bloodu confused with all thse files mixing up together ...

Thats was one of the main reasons why the ECP was attempted in the first place. TO create a universal template that would cater for the top percentage of available enhancemants. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone breifly explain to us not so intelligent blokes as to what different is this to the GMR mod?

ECP stands for Enhanced Config Project. Thats exactly what it is--it is not an explosion mod persay. The fact that it has enhanced explosions within its subset of potential enhancements does not make it an "explosion mod". If u download and test the BETA u will discover immediately that explosions and visual effects are only a very small portion of what the ECP will be capable of in future updates.

We are talking.

1: Possibly new sound engine in the making-- wink_o.gif

2: Enhanced AI

3: Enhanced GUI

4:Enhanced multiplayer opportunities

list goes on

All in a universal package. NOTE--these above 4 comments are not necessarily a representation of the ECPs set views or objectives, these are just my personal thoughts of what may possibly be achieved

Quote[/b] ]And can i play this without the DR pack thing?

U can play it

1: without DR

2: with the standard DR (converted to WSS)

3: with the standard DR plus the ECP DR sound patch

smile_o.gif

Zay

Ok got that sorted now can anyone tell me is this MOD playable along with GMR too? If i wanna use GMR and run it side by side who will operate where?  smile_o.gif

You can't run them side by side as they both make config changes, it would be pretty simple to merge them together though.

RED