Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

As some of you may remember, a while back there was talk about a 'super config' in the AM:D forum, the super config has now been renamed ECP (Enhanced Configuration Project) We have been working on the ECP for quite a while and are now ready to release a beta build.

The readme:

Quote[/b] ] ECP - Enhanced config project; Version: Beta 1 - 04/11/03

=========================================================

1. ABOUT

2. INSTALLATION

3. FEATURES

4. EFFECTS SETTINGS

5. TROUBLESHOOTING

6. FEEDBACK

7. CREDITS

1. About

--------

The Enhanced OFP Configuration Project aims to increase the potential of the game through providing updated OFP game configuration files. The enhanced configuration provides special effects, and improved sound. The ECP will soon contain realistic weapons and vehicles provided in a future update.

In addition to increasing the enjoyment of the game for individuals, we aim to provide an open-source enhanced configuration for use by all mods.

The ECP adds effects to OFP without having to edit missions, these effects are fully compatible with MP and SP missions.

All effects can be turned off and on in ECP_settings.sqs to suit your needs.

The ECP contains 3 configs:

Normal config (default): No new sounds added, adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

DR config: DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

New DR config: Some new DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds, reconfigured all volumes to more realistic levels) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

Note: The new Dynamic Range addon is not yet finished, though it is highly recommended to download. We will provide easy to install

and small downloads to patch the DR pack.

2. Installation

---------------

Copy the @ECP folder into your root OFP directory. Now create a shortcut to your Resistance.exe file and modify

the shortcut's properties. In the target box, following 'Resistance.exe', place the following:

-mod=@ECP

An example command line: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@ECP

Hit apply and then OK. Run Resistance using the new shortcut to enable the new config. Kegetys OFP launcher is highly recommended

this can be found at his website in the other section.

To use different configs, copy the relevant config.bin from its folder and replace with the default config.bin in the bin folder (\@ECP\Bin)

You also have the option of playing the example map, this will show you the effects that are available in the game.

Copy the _effects_test.Intro folder to your Users\<your user name>\Missions directory and preview in the editor.

Note: To use the New DR config, you must download the wss dynamic range from the ECP page at the OFPEC, http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

3. Features

-----------

The following effects are automatically activated when the ECP is run (users do not have to do anything to get them to work) all effects can be modified to meet the users needs.

Effect                Author(s)                  Description

=============================================================

Blood               - (ECP - snYpir)             - Blood will shoot out from any man class unit in a mission

Chopper dust        - (BAS and Vektorboson)      - Choppers will create dust when flying near the ground

Fire                - (BAS - TJ)                 - Destroyed vehicles will smoke and produce fire

Tank shock dust     - (Fishion)                  - Tanks will create dust when they shoot

Tail rotor failure  - (Vektorboson)              - When choppers reach a certain damage a tail rotor failure may occur

Anti tank backblast - (Sui's concept, ECP - RED) - AT weapons produce a backblast which also damages anyone behind it

Plane damage        - (ECP - Stalker and RED)    - Planes smoke when damaged

Chopper smoke       - (BAS - TJ)                 - Choppers smoke when damaged

Spectating          - (Kegetys)                  - Spectating script activates when a player dies in an MP mission without respawn

Sound scripts       - (ECP - Zayfod)             - Bullets have in flight sounds, Tanks shells make noises

All author permission has been granted.

4. Effects Settings

-------------------

All effects are customisable via text sqs files in the @ECP folder. See ECP_Settings.sqs and ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs for more information.

Any of the global variables can be defined within missions, any variables that mission editors choose in

missions will be used by OFP rather than those in the ECP_settings file.

Changes made to the ECP_settings file while mid-mission will not take effect until the mission is reloaded.

5. Troubleshooting

------------------

Q: How do I run other mods with the ECP?

A: Add -mod=@ECP;modname;modnam2 to the commandline in the shortcut

Q: I get lag with the ECP, can I stop this?

A: You will have to edit the ECP settings to suit your needs, eg turning off all the effects. IE to turn off chopper dust you would edit '\@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs' file in a text editor (notepad will do) and make ECP_chopper_dust_enable = false.

Q: I don't want to turn any effects off, but I get some lag when units are shot?

A: Open up the '\@ECP\ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs' file in a text editor (notepad will do) and change the blood_particle_number to a lower number, default is 50.

6. Feedback

-----------

We would love to know what you think of this, both positive and negative CONSTRUCTIVE comments.

Email: graham_uk@btopenworld.com (Reds email address)

Forums: ECP topic at the Offical Flashpoint Forums, addons and mods: Complete

7. Credits

----------

snYpir     (Effects scripts, eventhandlers, project leader)

Red        (Effects scripting, optimisations, second in command)

DeadMeat   (Config changes)

PitViper   (DR, config decryption)

Stalker    (Scripting)

Zayfod     (Sounds, scripting)

TJ         (Effects scripting)

Gummi      (Camera scripting)

Kaliyuga   (Testing)

KTottE     (Testing)

Macguba    (Testing)

Shadow     (Testing)

GD         (Testing)

We would like to thank all the authors of the scripts we used in this pack!

The ECP download can be found here: http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

Mirrors:

ECP Core

DR Patch 1

DR Patch 2

DR Patch 3

DR Bin

Thanks to Toadlife for these mirrors!

You might want to note that the best way of testing the ECP is by playing missions, the effects test included will not give you the propper feeling of the ECP.

We are all very pleased with the way things are in the ECP now, though we know we have much more work to do before it is ready for final release. It would be great to hear your suggestions on how to improve it.

Edit: It is best to use OFP v1.94 for this addon, we had someone crashing on v1.91.

Cheers,

RED

How does this differ than the varients already available in GMR's Exposion Mod? rock.gif

Well it is completely different, if you test it you will see that smile_o.gif

RED

yay glad to see this is finaly released. it has been really quite about this project before- i even thought it wasn´t going to be realized at all.

but hey: any mirrors would be most appreciated. the ofpec is terribly slow from my place (adsl connection) but it´s very fast while i browse the site from work (where the bandwith usage is even higher) rock.gif

gonna let you know about any bug etc that i´ll find smile_o.gif

yay glad to see this is finaly released. it has been really quite about this project before- i even thought it wasn´t going to be realized at all.

but hey: any mirrors would be most appreciated. the ofpec is terribly slow from my place (adsl connection) but it´s very fast while i browse the site from work  (where the bandwith usage is even higher) rock.gif

gonna let you know about any bug etc that i´ll find  smile_o.gif

I will upload the files to my site later on pang, though the ECP its self is only 5.4Mb smile_o.gif

RED

thx dude,

since i download with 4kb/s from ofpec

Ooh cool, I've been waiting for this ever since it was announced. I must admit though that Goldmember's work on his superb explosion mod has pretty much everything included in this one. The differences I can see in this mod are the inclusion of the anti-tank backblast, planes smoking when damaged, 'constant' spectating script and bullets and tank shells making in-flight sounds. The main attraction for me is the wss version of Dynamic Range however, and the fact that Pitviper's version works properly whilst Goldmember's didn't have the soldermoving sounds. Since it's open source I see no reason why GM can't integrate his mod into this one (or vice versa) to merge the best points of both.

Anyway, great work guys. Downloading now. smile_o.gif

I forgot to mention in the readme that we included a random weather script sad_o.gif

@Munger: Yes it is open source, anyone is welcome to rip it apart and use it as long as they give credit to us smile_o.gif

RED

REd, I think the links are wrong at OFPEC. The ECP Dynamic range link points to the same file as the ECP link. I'm downloding this right now, and will mirror this at toadlife.net

REd, I think the links are wrong at OFPEC. The ECP Dynamic range link points to the same file as the ECP link. I'm downloding this right now, and will mirror this at toadlife.net

LOL you beat me to it toadlife. I was just about to ask whether the new DR was actually available to download yet or not (it says in the readme that it isn't finished but that it was still recommended to download which confused me a bit). rock.gifsmile_o.gif

*Slaps head* Sorry about that  crazy_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">it says in the readme that it isn't finished but that it was still recommended to download which confused me a bit

The ECP contains 3 configs,

Normal version

DR (wss version)

Updated DR (wss version)

The wss version is fine, this is not a work in progress. It is recommended to use the Updated version because it makes the game sound quite a bit better (this is the config that is a work in progress) smile_o.gif Patches for this version will be very small.

RED

Cheers for the mirror Toadlife smile_o.gif

RED

Hey! biggrin_o.gif

Cool stuff!

Do any of you ECP dudes know if the blood pack "savegame error" was fixed? The error that keeps coming up when a game is saved and then loaded from that save?

I would just download it and check it out but I'm at work.

Asmo

Hey!  biggrin_o.gif

Cool stuff!

Do any of you ECP dudes know if the blood pack "savegame error" was fixed?  The error that keeps coming up when a game is saved and then loaded from that save?

I would just download it and check it out but I'm at work.

Asmo

Yep the blood savegame error is fixed Asmo smile_o.gif snYpir has also fixed a framerate error in the blood addon which helps with lag.

RED

*Slaps head* Sorry about that  crazy_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">it says in the readme that it isn't finished but that it was still recommended to download which confused me a bit

The ECP contains 3 configs,

Normal version

DR (wss version)

Updated DR (wss version)

The wss version is fine, this is not a work in progress. It is recommended to use the Updated version because it makes the game sound quite a bit better (this is the config that is a work in progress) smile_o.gif Patches for this version will be very small.

RED

Ah right, thanks.

I just tried downloading the new DR but it cut off after only 1.5 megs. It may just be my connection though - I will try again. smile_o.gif

*edit*

@ Red

*edit*

SWEET!!  

Thanks man!  I loved using it, but didn't love the error!  wink_o.gif

I'll check it out tonight if I can!   biggrin_o.gif

Asmo   blues.gif

Great work guys!

btw: im dloading the wss DR from opfec at 60kb/s was 0.2kb/s 5 mins ago  tounge_o.gif

Edit: why dont u set up a bittorrent mirror? like that we all could share our bandwidths

DR sounds in about 5 minutes - not bad ;)

It is REALLY hard to choose @ECM or GMR sad_o.gif

Both r sweeeeeeeeeeet. Those explosions, fire, smoke...

DR sounds in about 5 minutes - not bad ;)

It is REALLY hard to choose @ECM or GMR sad_o.gif

Both r sweeeeeeeeeeet. Those explosions, fire, smoke...

What is this ECM you speek of? tounge_o.gif I am glad you like it Grizzlie smile_o.gif

RED

I put up a mirror here, the OFPEC will probably be faster for most people though. If the OFPEC is being slow, try my mirror smile_o.gif

RED

Woo hoo.. updated sounds!!! *Pops a few rounds off into the surrounding crowd, to hear the sounds, and see the blood spurts*