Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

I've got a question for the ECP gurus. . . well. a couple, actually. . .

is it possible to define in the main ECP config, let's say in a vehicle class, for the major animation functions in that class to be controlled by selections in the p3d which are named differently than the default ones?

Let's say I create a new tank class. . . can I have its turret axis memory point called 'turret_axis' instead of 'osaveze'? or it's gunner hatch axis called something other than osa_poklop_gunner. . .

also. . . assuming something like this is possible, if I wanted to do that with the gunnerview or driverview selections, how would I identify those specifically in the main CPP? (they're not mentioned in it). . .

Is there anyway to change the amount of time the shrapnel stays on the ground for ?

Here nathanz right from ecpsettings.sqs

Quote[/b] ]; ECP_expeff_smoking_debris_time

; time in seconds that debris smoke for

; default 120

? [ECP_expeff_smoking_debris_time] call ECP_is_null: ECP_expeff_smoking_debris_time = 120

; ECP_expeff_num_debris

; maximum number of flying, burning debris per explosion

? [ECP_expeff_num_debris] call ECP_is_null: ECP_expeff_num_debris = 6

Adjust them yourselves wink_o.gif

? [ECP_max_whiz_sounds] call ECP_is_null : ECP_max_whiz_sounds = 4

Setting the 4 to a 12 really helped out a lot, but there still aren't many whizes. Only about 1/6 shots close to me are whizzing. I set it as high as 120000, which didn't do anything.

What about the trigger effect? A heavy combat ambience would be nice.

yeah how do you open the settings.sqs? I'm new so don't really know,

well knew to mission editing

The best way to hear bullet whizzes is use headphones and turn your volume up a bit more. That or just stand in the way of enemy fire.

I can allways hear bullet whizzes from tanks, arty and stuff.

@ Mar. 14 2004,07:40)]Sorry guys, I am lazy to flow in 73 pages, may you give me the link to the last ECP version? Btw, we have something for ECP team, maybe them should mail me on d_denorc@mail.ru

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/#dev

quite simple smile_o.gif

hopefully it's something so revolutionary we will be totally o.O from ... smile_o.gif

@ Mar. 14 2004,06:40)]Sorry guys, I am lazy to flow in 73 pages, may you give me the link to the last ECP version? Btw, we have something for ECP team, maybe them should mail me on d_denorc@mail.ru

Denorc,

you got mail smile_o.gif

Zay

BDM also made some stuff that might fit in ECP. We made a parachute script which has the parachutes not magically disappear, but just land on the ground and stay there. Plus we have some cool embedded scripts. You might want it.

I replied on your mail. Sorry for my English.

Thank you for the link. Simply.. that's right.

I like ECP... Never told something when i don't think so, but i really like ECP))

BDM also made some stuff that might fit in ECP. We made a parachute script which has the parachutes not magically disappear, but just land on the ground and stay there. Plus we have some cool embedded scripts. You might want it.

Thats sounds very cool MSpencer. smile_o.gif

We would love to hear more about this. You may either PM me or post your thoughts here in the forum regarding what you have to offer.

Its stuff like this--new stuff thats never been thought of before thats what makes the game really interesting and brings it alive. The ECP prides itself on being open source and its good to see established mod makers offering to be so open in code development.

Thankyou for the offer! look forward to hearing from you.

Zay blues.gif

Hey, I have 2 quick questions:

-1Does this mod make it possible to work the game w/ out the cd? (Like the mod i use for that feature:Wargames addon pack) {I know its sort of bad but i fully bought the game and lost the cd!}

-2 If i was to use the Wargames addon pack(mod) and put in this:(-mod=@ECP;mod name;mod name) in the short cut would it use the Wargames mod's config file or ECP's? If So please tell me what to do!

Thnx...btw i didnt want to skim through every page out of 75 just to find these two awnsers! crazy_o.gif

Download the latest game patch (version 1.96 beta). You should be able to run that version without the CD, but you didn't hear me say that. But I would really suggest contacting Codemaster's customer service and seeing about getting a replacement CD.

They will require a recipt(SP?)!!! who would save a small tiny paper after a year!? So scratch that out! (next?) lolol

Thnx anyways! and ive already downloaded the patch! it always gives the error message "Cd not Found" sad_o.gif

I hope someone can help me!!

Hmm... thats weird. I can run the flashpointbeta.exe without any CD in the drive just fine, although I still have to have the CD for the regular flashpoint.exe. Maybe I got a different patch than you smile_o.gif

Did you register your game when you bought it? If so, that should be enough for them to send you a new one. If not, maybe you should register next time! ;)

To use the beta version you have to start the game with the beta ...exe.

If you use flashpoint.exe you will still have 1.91.

I've sent sYnpir 2 emails about using ECP for our mod, is he still around? Can anyone else on the team answer questions for me please.

Well i am a beta tester on the team andhavnt seen Snypir for sometime atm .... he seems to be MIA ...

Maybe Gen Barron might help hes on the team too or just go to OFPEC ECP forums are there too.

In ECPsettings.sqs I have set the chopper dust to Vektorbosons as default but all BAS Blackhawks, Pavehawks and Littlebirds still use BAS dust. Does anyone know how to prevent this? BAS make awsome addons but IMO thier rotor dust blows. tounge_o.gifblues.gif

In ECPsettings.sqs I have set the chopper dust to Vektorbosons as default but all BAS Blackhawks, Pavehawks and Littlebirds still use BAS dust. Does anyone know how to prevent this? BAS make awsome addons but IMO thier rotor dust blows.  tounge_o.gif  blues.gif

Its because BAS helos have their own self defined EH's , you need to disbale them , read there readme and then write that code in the init field then they'll probably use ECPs vektors dust wink_o.gif