Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Hmmm... I've been away for some time now, I don't know how the ecp mod has been going along.

Maybe a small question concerning the mod:

How are the enhanced explosion effects now? Are they the same as in GMRs explomod, or are they only "similiar" or are they even completely different now?

And if they're different, is there any possibility to run ecp together with GMRs explomod so I can have those explosions and debris effects instead?

I don't want to be picky or anything, but I belive there may be a better Tail Rotor Script by MrZig. It can be found in the mission editing and scripting area. smile_o.gif

No offence to Vektorboson's Tail rotor failure     sad_o.gif  

Just saying that it could be implemented into the next update.

Thnx

Aook

I don't want to be picky or anything, but I belive there may be a better Tail Rotor Script by MrZig. It can be found in the mission editing and scripting area. smile_o.gif

No offence to Vektorboson's Tail rotor failure     sad_o.gif  

Just saying that it could be implemented into the next update.

Thnx

Aook

yup i agree maybe as same option as with dust effects

to be able choose if MrZig or Vektorboson

And if they're different, is there any possibility to run ecp together with GMRs explomod so I can have those explosions and debris effects instead?

I would really like to see debris like in the gmr mod stay on the ground for some time .... maybe make it a option for low-end computers

I would really like to see debris like in the gmr mod stay on the ground for some time .... maybe make it a option for low-end computers

The current ecp explosions are an improved version of the gmr effects.

I have sent snypir an improved version of the tailrotor script (improved by me). He hasn't responded to me yet. I will have a look at that improved tailrotor script you guys are talking about and maybe add in my improvements wink_o.gif

a little suggestion, i wonder if it is possible for a warning message if the chopper engine is downed in flight, as it is quite hard to notice the engine being shut off by enemys fire while fire fight is happening, and if it happened, as every one may know there is still a possibility to land the chopper safe, and a power down warning message would be quite useful

Just my 0.02 USD:

Can you use a proper altitude warning sound effect instead of the current one? I'd much rather hear Bitching Betty than Bitching Brian  wink_o.gif

Hmmm, how disable the random weather system. When I disable it via the ingame menu, it resets after being back in the game crazy_o.gif Also, the 'override settings' does not work.

Also, will you be making some new muzzleflashes to replace the default ones? The standerd ones are a bit ugly.

Looking forward to the next update.

Arch.

Hm.....bether late than never ....and I instaled this mod.

Exellent, I instaled all files .

and i feel that somting still missing :

Battlefield Insane" sound pack

http://svd.s20.xrea.com/index-e.html

All mods work good without any problems (no conflicts with ECP Dynamic Range addons) .

You should test now how sounded eg. Shilka or H60  smile_o.gif

ECP Team maybe you should add info about this sound  pack ?

Edit:

And questions - is this mod works with CSLA mod ?

And questions - is this mod works with CSLA  mod ?

Not until someone integrates the two which is a pretty big job.

Any chance of an update from the ECP crew? Looking forward to the new graphical effects RED mentioned a while back. smile_o.gif

Is anybody interested in this?

I have a modified config - starting with the ECP - INQ config.

It replaces all default units with the USMC marines (and russian units as well). Uses the USMC marine optics. Uses the Inq weapon textures.

It also includes something that a lot of people probably wouldn't like. I gave a zoom factor to the regular iron site weapons. I did this mostly for myself and my bro because we have a really really hard time picking off guys from a long distance. With the added zoom, I feel as accurate as the AI now wink_o.gif

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can email it to you.

my email is nubbin77@comcast.net .

Obviously to use this config you need

ECP 1.071 installed

MCTO addons

and Inquisitors weapons addons

If this is popular and people wanted somethings tweaked, its really not very difficult to do. I could make certain changes if a bunch of people wanted it.

the config can't really be used for multiplayer because the zoom would give an unfair advantage to you. but if you know the group of people you play with (in my case, I usually only play w/ my bro) its really nice. Anytime I do try to play online, its very easy to just swtich the config's.

later.

Is there any chance to make the new BAS De/Ra compatible with ECP?

Is there for download anywhere? The latest version of ECP without a bleedin' installer?

Argh.

I hate installers. Failing that there is no "installer alternative" can anyone tell me if it's one of those horrible ones that leaves registry entries on your PC and has the uninstall feature?

I have no need for this. I don't want this.

I do however want ECP.

Sadly, I have to agree with Baphomet - I had no problems at all with any of the ECP iterations until I used the installer to update to the latest version.  Now, it may be that I've misinterpreted the readme somehow or other, but my DR-configured setup is hopeless.  I can be standing right next to an explosion yet not hear it, whilst other sounds (footsteps, helicopters) play on as normal.

Edit - have just re-consulted the ECP site and realised that in the advanced section (gulp!) they have the DR config as a ZIP - downloading now!

..maybe this is the point to think about the word "overmoded"...!

This happened to Falcon 4.0 too, but the falcon 4.0 community took down all the "modgroup barriers", and startet to make unified "all in one installer" Addons...!

I love ECP. I haven't posted in this topic, but I've been using it for awhile.

Questions and Suggestions:

1. Is it possible to increase the frequency of the "bulletwhizbys"? I rarely ever hear them with any unit.

2. Can you create a heavy combat ambience, which is just a jumble and mix of all the sounds in ECP? To make it seem like some very heavy combat, right in-your-face action, such as in an Omaha-beach landing mission?

1. Is it possible to increase the frequency of the "bulletwhizbys"? I rarely ever hear them with any unit.

I agree with this. Goldmember's GMR had bullet whiz effects and they sounded a lot better than the ECP ones, although strangely the actual sound effects are the same. As deathsai said you tend to hardly hear the whiz effect in ECP.

Are you guys making any progress BTW? It's very quiet in this thread recently. sad_o.gif

I will try to contact Zayford about the bullet whiz scripts, and see about increasing their frequency (or giving the option to do so). I know personally I've been pretty busy IRL, so I haven't had a chance to update my ECP scripts, or make any new ones. Any free OFP time I've had has been going to my mission, which you can link to in my signature.

I'm not sure about the rest of the team, but I know snYpir has absolutely NO free time at the moment, and I would assume that everyone else is also low on time.

But rest assured that there are more great things to come from the ECP. Zayford is currently working on a little surprise that should GREATLY enhance the atmosphere of the game. I'm experimenting with a script that blows aircraft into little bits when they crash. I've also got more ideas that are just in the queue at the moment, until I get more time.

Ok, ok. I'll have a look at it. blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]Goldmember's GMR had bullet whiz effects and they sounded a lot better than the ECP ones, although strangely the actual sound effects are the same.

Thats because GM used our early version of ECP whizz. 1.02 I think.

The decrease in whiz probability is mostly due to cpu strain concerns. Might make it end user adjustable.

Zay

Also I suggest you open ECP_settings.sqs and increase the

Quote[/b] ]? [ECP_max_whiz_sounds] call ECP_is_null : ECP_max_whiz_sounds = 4

to say 10 or higher--this may achieve what you want although it was primarily designed as a cpu safe guard.

Zay

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I found a bug:

Whenever I try to put a game logic inside a vehicle (to fill up certain cargo spaces) while running ECP, OFP crashes.

Is there anyway to change the amount of time the shrapnel stays on the ground for ?