Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Where do you download this high-res island? This should be a simple fix (including an additional island matrix) rock.gif

How about an update to the unofficial DR/INQ config.bin for ECP v1.7? tounge_o.gif

Where do you download this high-res island? This should be a simple fix (including an additional island matrix) rock.gif

can be found here wink_o.gif

i´ll try out ECP 1.7 now smile_o.gif

Just to be awkward I'm actually using two different sets of addons. One is the three original islands with hi-res ground textures by Fatwombat, and the other is the same islands with Resistance objects (trees and some buildings) by Space Alex. All these addons are combined to basically make everything look nicer. I don't know which of them will cause the lighthouses not to work.

Hi-res Everon and Malden ground textures

Hi-res Kolgujev ground textures

Resistance objects for all three islands

Thanks for taking a look Snypir. smile_o.gif

ECP uses an island detection algorithm based upon a certain 'key' (island matrix) for each particular island. I have to go to work, but here is something you could try:

Open ECP_Island_Settings.sqs. Uncomment the following line (line 55):

; [500,[12800,12800],10] call ECP_GetMatrix

Run OFP. Close the dialog box that appears at the main menu, go into the mission editor, place 1 unit in the mission and then hit preview. The matrix box will come up. Use it to get a matrix string for the new abel and the new everon.

What you will need to do is copy the existing malden and everon entries in ECP_Island_Settings.sqs, and insert (copy/paste) the island matrix for both as appropriate.

So, at the moment you have:

Quote[/b] ]; =========================

; = Everon =

; =========================

_island_name = "Everon"

_island_matrix = [[1000,11500,58.9237],[3000,5500,106.132,"20644: str briza"],[4000,7500,23.8328,"19257: str smrk"],[5000,5000,62.9603,"41920: krovi_bigest"],[5500,6000,77.923,"51754: oliva"],[6500,5000,64.3739,"5883: cesta25"],[7000,6500,97.3242,"19543: str kastan"],[8000,3000,317.906],[9000,2000,78.0769,"13752: str smrk ridky"],[10000,500,127.091,"47261: ker trs travy kvetina"]]

_island_color = 2

_island_lighthouses = [24774,53505]

_island_overcast_range = [0,1]

_island_fog_range = [0,0.5]

_island_weather_change_time = [900,1200]

_island_weather_wait_time = [300,600]

_island_snow_locations = []

_island_snow_range = []

_island_snow_density = []

_island_snow_random_chance = 0

; add island

[_island_name,_island_matrix,_island_color,_island_lighthouses,_island_overcast_range,_isl

and_fog_range,_island_weather_change_time,_island_weather_wait_time,_island_snow_locations

,_island_snow_range,_island_snow_density,_island_snow_random_chance] call ECP_AddIsland

; = Malden =

_island_name = "Malden"

_island_matrix = [[1000,12000,28],[2500,6000,152.617,"22836: str jalovec"],[3500,7500,338.302,"62733: krovi4"],[4500,3000,84.1071,"52998: ker trs travy"],[5000,4500,80.1499,"78650: str borovice horska"],[5500,5500,339.765],[6000,6500,346.595,"82604: str borovice"],[6500,7500,140.485,"81869: str_liskac"],[7000,9000,110.635,"102169: ker trs travy"],[8000,4500,27.5681,"73426: oliva"]]

_island_color = 2

_island_lighthouses = [3574,9293,9295,9296,9297,12374,15144]

_island_snow_range = []

; add island

[_island_name,_island_matrix,_island_color,_island_lighthouses,_island_overcast_range,_isl

and_fog_range,_island_weather_change_time,_island_weather_wait_time,_island_snow_locations

,_island_snow_range,_island_snow_density,_island_snow_random_chance] call ECP_AddIsland

After copying, you'll also have:

Quote[/b] ]; =========================

; = Everon High Res =

_island_name = "Everon High Res"

_island_matrix = <copy new island matrix in here>

_island_color = 2

_island_lighthouses = <enter new lighthouse object ids here>

_island_snow_range = []

; add island

; = Malden High Res =

_island_name = "Malden High Res"

_island_matrix = <copy new island matrix in here>

_island_color = 2

_island_lighthouses = <enter new lighthouse object ids here>

_island_snow_range = []

; add island

To get the new lighthouse object IDs turn on Object IDs in the editor, and enter them in to the appropriate fields.

Or you can wait until this afternoon when I'll do it for you biggrin_o.gif

Hi ECP-Team, first off all, GREAT WORK!

I love the new effects (burning-Crew, flies, etc ...)

But would it be possible to add less flies? It sounds like there would be about 1billion of them  wow_o.gif . Really wierd.

And could it be possible, that you CTD if not all players use the same verion of ecp (or even no ecp)? I seems to run really stabil on MP, if all plyers and the server have the same verion of ecp, but if there is one or two with a different one, most players CTD  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It sounds like there would be about 1billion of them . Really wierd.

haha yeah no probs. there are three settings that you could add to ECP_Settings.sqs to make less flies (copy these directly into ECP_Settings.sqs):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; % chance of no flies every minute

? [ECP_flies_none_chance] call ECP_is_null: ECP_flies_none_chance = 0.25

; time that there is no flies (range) - ie pause between fly sounds in seconds (make this big to decrease the amount of flies heard)

? [ECP_flies_none_time] call ECP_is_scalar : ECP_flies_none_time = [5,20]

; time before flies start up after a unit dies

? [ECP_flies_wait] call ECP_is_null: ECP_flies_wait = 120

otherwise you'll have to wait until the next version.

Quote[/b] ] if all plyers and the server have the same verion of ecp, but if there is one or two with a different one, most players CTD

Even with ECP 1.07? Do people with 1.07 CTD as well?

In much the same way as you can't use 1.91 of OFP on a 1.95 server, the ECP is not backwards-compatible. I will post news everywhere asking people to upgrade, but that is all i can do. If server admins post a message in their config asking people to upgrade then that would also be good.

To get the new lighthouse object IDs turn on Object IDs in the editor, and enter them in to the appropriate fields.

Or you can wait until this afternoon when I'll do it for you biggrin_o.gif

LOL, thanks for the quick help mate. The modular nature of ECP really makes updating this sort of thing easy - just get people to replace their Island Settings file and you're done. Doing it manually doesn't look too hard based on what you've said, but please upload your new file anyway. smile_o.gif

Oki it seems that invisibility is really ATI driver issue ... alt+tab fixing it , for now ...

Another bugs:

- crew exiting vehicle is again in fast mode (vehicle got hit and IN SAME moment guys start jumping out, well if they supermans they can do it that fast, but definitely not standard humans smile_o.gif

- debris jumping, watch sometimes debris from "big" explosion (with smoke or fire behind) u will see it bounce ground 1-3 times correct and then BOUNCE and it fly 10-50x times higher ... i think this can cause some lag as engine trying calculate these pieces fast moving to hell ... what ya think?

- islands i spoken about ...

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/High-Res%20CWC%20Islands.zip

http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/downloads/aec-island.rar

http://www.filefront.com/r.b....and.zip

http://www.filefront.com/?filepa....and.zip

THX for the "flies-script"!  smile_o.gif

Even with ECP 1.07? Do people with 1.07 CTD as well?

Yes sad_o.gif

We've been 9 Players, 5 with ECP1.07, 2 with an "older" version (afaik ECP1.068), 1 only with DR-Sound and 1 without ECP and DR.

8 Players CTD .... the only one who didn't crash was the guy without ECP and DR.

I don't know what the problem was, some of us were dead, 2 were sitting in a BMP (the one who didn't crash was one of them) and the others were running arround on the map (nothing special happend at this moment)

EDIT:

BTW:

We've played some MP-Missions now (all Players with 1.07) and it worked really fine biggrin_o.gif ! No problems at all (exept some little lag if we ran into an area with a lot of dead soldiers [about 14 dead bodys, all near to each other], but i think that isn't a problem at all. We could reduce the "bodys with flies arround". Perhaps 15 to 10 or 8. But i won't put it to "false" ... it's too cool for doing that  tounge_o.gif )

To repeat, the new release of ECP (1.07) is out. The main changes:

[*]Level of detail implemented to reduce lag

[*]Aircraft enhancement (flares and low altitude warning)

[*]Buzzing flies around dead bodies (after awhile)

[*]Hunters animations (including a few non-static ones)

[*]AI units join player's group

[*]First aid action when bleeding to death

[*]Fire and explosions refined - these were previously causing MP problems

[*]Tail rotor failure and burning bodies visible on clients in MP

Note that 1.07 is not compatible with older versions of the ECP. If you are a server admin please make sure that all people using ECP on your server use 1.07 or there will be CTDs. Sorry wink_o.gif

Download the core installer from:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

The readme is here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/readme.html

Enjoy!

@Dwarden

Quote[/b] ]Oki it seems that invisibility is really ATI driver issue

This happens ONLY with ECP? This is strange. Please don't notify BIS about it just yet, i'll try and track down the problem. Did it happen with older versions of the ECP?

Quote[/b] ]crew exiting vehicle is again in fast mode

A script based problem, easily fixed. Wait out for it. I will investigate other 'fast-mode' issues tonight.

Quote[/b] ]debris jumping, watch sometimes debris from "big" explosion

This is the fault of the OFP physics model. We tried experimenting with the 'mass' of shrapnel (this is how you make things hang around for longer - ie bullet shells) but if they are too heavy they sink. We'll have to wait for OFP 2 to fix bouncing shrapnel and non-realistic grenades i'm afraid.

@MEDICUS

Quote[/b] ]8 Players CTD .... the only one who didn't crash was the guy without ECP and DR.

I don't know what the problem was, some of us were dead, 2 were sitting in a BMP (the one who didn't crash was one of them) and the others were running arround on the map (nothing special happend at this moment)

There were big problems between 1.057 and 1.069 with fires/explosions and MP. If I could ban that version somehow I would, but I can't. Sorry. Good news about 1.07 working fine though biggrin_o.gif

There will be a 1.071 released in the next few days. This will fix:

[*]player dying in aircraft when they should have ejected

[*]shrapnel being targetted as 'enemy' units

[*]alleged increase in animation speed

[*]dudes ejecting from burning vehicles too fast

[*]flies too loud and too often (also move additional flies config settings to ECP_Settings.sqs)

[*]additional islands added to ECP_Island_Settings.sqs

If you have any other requests now is the time to make them. If you have any additional islands you would like added plz send me a link, or even better - make an island matrix for me (see ECP_Island_Settings.sqs).

The good news is that 1.071 will be compatible in MP with 1.07. biggrin_o.gif

Don't get too pissed off about the quick updates - until we release ECP version 1 *final* we will keep improving it.

I have several requests but they all concern graphical effects which I've mentioned before and which would probably take some time to incorporate into ECP...

...but here it is anyway: biggrin_o.gif

-new more realistic 'kickdust' (bullets hitting ground) effect that's faster and taller

-new bullets hitting water effect (the one introduced in Resistance is very poor and looks like a goldfish spitting water

-destroyed buildings should smoke for a while like destroyed vehicles

-rockets/missiles hitting water should make a large water splash and not the same explosion they do when they hit land

-rockets/missiles should have the FDF 1.2 ignition smoke effect when launched

-rockets/missiles should have the same smoke effect as LAW/RPG rockets have already

-large autocannons of the type mounted on IFV's, gunships and jets should produce a smoke haze effect when fired, and the A10 specifically should have the FDF 1.2 firing effect

A few things to consider anyway. smile_o.gif

another bug:

- when i changed effect distance from 300 to e.g. 400 meters , then ingame settings menu still reports 300 and therefore i have no idea which value is really used ...

- jeep and humwee engine sound while they not moving is bit "strange"

- what happened to own steps? were they removed?

ideas:

- above dead bodies after long time , what about ravens, crow etc. in sky ... give kick ass feeling when you need find "lost patrol" and when you spot some of these birds in sky above canyon ... above dead corpses smile_o.gif you know enough ....

about that invisibility issue, i noticed it happens only with some ammount of addons loaded in memory ...

another bug:

- when i changed effect distance from 300 to e.g. 400 meters , then ingame settings menu still reports 300 and therefore i have no idea which value is really used ...

- jeep and humwee engine sound while they not moving is bit "strange"

- what happened to own steps? were they removed?

ideas:

- above dead bodies after long time , what about ravens, crow etc. in sky ... give kick ass feeling when you need find "lost patrol" and when you spot some of these birds in sky above canyon ... above dead corpses smile_o.gif you know enough ....

about that invisibility issue, i noticed it happens only with some ammount of addons loaded in memory ...

Yes, when you change settings from the ECP menu in-game they still don't stick permanently after you press OK. I have also noticed the footsteps issue too. The footstep sound is only played for about half of the steps you take whereas it used to be that every step made a sound. Not really a major bug but strange nonetheless.

Invisible people and objects is definitely caused by too many addons being installed in the addons folder, but why this would only affect ECP and not regular OFP is a mystery.

@RED, SNYPIR

I'm really happy to see the AI join player group script!!

(So you took my suggestion serious and implemented this great feature. Now this is customer care!  biggrin_o.gif )

The point I'm mostly happy about that you really achieved to lower the lag significantly!

@everybody

And yes, I made an update to the DR/INQ combo config and sent it to Acecombat. Thanks to him the file will be hosted and he will put the link in this thread.

NOTE: This combo config file is UNOFFICIAL! It works fine for me, but in case it should not work for you don't blame the ECP team since it's not (yet) acknowledged by the ECP team.

No i mean i changed that value it IN "ECP_Settings.sqs" file but ingame menu still reports 300m ...

i think there was said in-game panel changes are NOT saved, but why it ignore value from config file ... no idea ...

Two more things I'd like to see added to ECP are Toadlife's Grouplink script and Mapfact's KI script, both of which affect AI behaviour. When combined these two scripts make the game a lot more realistic.

Id love to see random snow settings added for Winter Everon and Winter Malden.  Since these are winter versions of existing standard BIS islands, is there no way the island matrix settings can just be copied from those in the ecp island settings sqs file, then just turn the snow on?  I havent tried it myself incase i mess the whole thing up lol tounge_o.gif

Edit: How about implementing random sand storms for the desert islands such as desert everon, malden, (is there a desert kolgujev?) and desert island?

what are the ods of there ever being a ECP,DR,IQN config? i really like both of these things but i can only have one sad_o.gif if any one has time to write one PLZ do and drop me a pm

Still DR problems. I'd like the MSN of the main person working on the DR config. I've DePBOed all the sound files (I'm that dedicated to fixing it), and found that yes, the sounds are in there. However, to update this,

Sounds MIA:

Blackhawk sounds - ALL

Cobra sounds - ALL except weapons

Satchels - ALL

AT Weapons - At least 1/2

Yes, blah blah blah, I do have a computer, I do have a sound card, I do have a computer that can run ECP, I do have DynamicRange.pbo, and the 3 dynamic range extras, I have said this before, and yes, I DO own Operation Flashpoint Resistance, patched up to 1.91, with beta 1.96. And no, to answer the impending question (I'm feeling psychic), I am not stupid, I know that it makes a new exe. Thanks for the help.

Quote[/b] ]Yes, blah blah blah, I do have a computer, I do have a sound card, I do have a computer that can run ECP, I do have DynamicRange.pbo, and the 3 dynamic range extras, I have said this before, and yes, I DO own Operation Flashpoint Resistance, patched up to 1.91, with beta 1.96. And no, to answer the impending question (I'm feeling psychic), I am not stupid, I know that it makes a new exe. Thanks for the help.

ROFL!!!!!! HAHA! dude, you just made my day. Um, we have a problem here. I just installed 1.071 from scratch using the installer, then installed the DR addons and config (with the appropriate installer), and then i inserted a blackhawk and could indeed here the sounds from it.

Are you sure you've got ears? rock.gif

I can't give you the sound dude's MSN because he's AWOL for awhile, but I can give you mine - morpj97@hn.ozemail.com.au. It sounds that you are in the best position to fix this problem. In the config there is this for the uh60:

soundEngine[]={"\DynamicRange\Vehicles\uh1.wss",7.179487,1.300000};

are you telling me that uh1.wss does not exist in DynamicRange.pbo?

Also, i've released 1.071 as promised. It doesn't include the island settings because i never downloaded them - i will be doing this tomorrow afternoon. I'll post a temporary ECP_Island_Settings.sqs for people until the next release. Unless any additional very obvious bugs arise 1.071 will be the last release for awhile.

Quote[/b] ]1.071 - 27/01/04 (snYpir) - RELEASE VERSION

effects_addons.zip:

* Burning units updated

- player no longer effected by bodyfire.sqs (fixes ejecting units bug)

- burning units may eject from burning vehicle up to 15 seconds after it explodes

- flies no longer causes publicvariable conflict in MP (eh_handler_killed.sqf)

* Flies settings updated

- decreased the chance of flies being heard

I am going to post news around the web now, let it be known that a new release of the ECP is out! biggrin_o.gif