Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

@quiet_man

how did you manage to change the config.bin file?

I've tried OFP Manager (from OFPEC) to convert the .bin file to .cpp file and then to work on the sounds for the INQ weapons pack, but when I convert the .bin files to .cpp files they get corrupted and I cant use them anymore in the game.

So what method did you use to work on the .bin files?

If I can get them to work then maybe I could provide a config file that works with ECP,DR, and INQ. Like Goldmember has done it for GMR.

Last night I tried out GMR's mod but it's a little bit more laggy than ECP and the explosions are not THAT much better. So I would like to use ECP mod in the future but need somehow to get INQ weapons pack to work with it. (Not only the models but the sounds and the pics in the mission briefing too.)

@quiet_man

how did you manage to change the config.bin file?

I used the *.cpp Red pointed to, a good text editor with compare function and lots of copy/paste  tounge_o.gif

is there a better way to replace original classes with addons?

I'm just thinking about replacing all (weapons, soldiers and vehicles) with new stuff.

quiet_man

Rudedog helped me with decrypting the .bin files.

Use must use the PBO decryptor 1.3 from Amalfi. (An older version) than it works fine.

@RED thanks for the .cpp files but it is not what I was looking for. I would like to work where queit_man stopped. So I like the possibility of decrypting the .bin files so I can choose by myself what .bin files I will be working on.

@quiet_man

Yes this is a great idea, to change not only the weapons but also the soldiers from INQ by default. I like the INQsoldiers a lot more than the original stuff from BIS. As you mentioned Iwork on a copy and paste basis:

I use Norton Commander to compare the files and the normal text editor (Microsoft) to work on the files.

So now If you want we can work on different versions of the config.bin as not to work at the same on the same time.

I intend to work on a config: ECP/DR/INQ with all the features.

If you like you could work on a config: ECP/DR/INQ + change the default soldiers or other stuff. Then we could offer our configs to the ECP guys and publish them for public.

What do you think?

I used the *.cpp Red pointed to, a good text editor with compare function and lots of copy/paste tounge_o.gif

is there a better way to replace original classes with addons?

With unix you could use the diff and patch commands, which should be able to automate most of the changes if you got a) a base config without modifications and b) the modified configs. I guess it will be some work too where there a some mutually exclusive changes in both configs, but after the first time you could probably automate the changes for future versions.

@benu

Does this only work on UNIX? Is there a way to automate such processes on a normal PC running Windows?

There is a possibility to synchronize directories in NC but, only directories and not files.

The cygwin project allows you to use many gnu/unix tools with windows. It seems that patch and diff are part of the packages. I guess i will install it myself to see how far you can get with this idea...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ECP_fire_classes_exempt = ["M2StaticMG","SIG_T55AM2","SIG_T54","SIG_T54d","SIG_T54w","SIG_T55Aw","SIG_T55AM2w","SIG_Ty59","SIG_Ty69II","SIG_T55Agdr","SIG_Ty69IId","SIG_T55dBC","SIG_T55d","SIG_T55Awgdr","SIG_T54R","SIG_Ty59R","SIG_Ty69IIR","SIG_T54dR","SIG_T54wR","SIG_Ty59ExpR","SIG_Ty69IIExpR","SIG_T55AgdrR","SIG_Ty69IIdR","SIG_T55dBCR","SIG_T55dR","SIG_T55AwgdrR","SIG_T54wrck","SIG_T55wrck","SIG_T55WrckD"]

ECP_explosion_exempt = ["M2StaticMG","SIG_T55AM2","SIG_T54","SIG_T54d","SIG_T54w","SIG_T55Aw","SIG_T55AM2w","SIG_Ty59","SIG_Ty69II","SIG_T55Agdr","SIG_Ty69IId","SIG_T55dBC","SIG_T55d","SIG_T55Awgdr","SIG_T54R","SIG_Ty59R","SIG_Ty69IIR","SIG_T54dR","SIG_T54wR","SIG_Ty59ExpR","SIG_Ty69IIExpR","SIG_T55AgdrR","SIG_Ty69IIdR","SIG_T55dBCR","SIG_T55dR","SIG_T55AwgdrR","SIG_T54wrck","SIG_T55wrck","SIG_T55WrckD"]

You missed out a " on the SIG_Ty59ExpR.

RED

@quiet_man

I worked for some hours now on the config for ECP/DR/INQ but still got some errors.

Can you please send me your decrypted version of your config please?

Then maybe I can figure out what I made wrong. I managed to change the models and textures too, but I've got some problems with the sounds. Somehow it collides with the DR sounds even if I replaced them by INQ weapon sounds.

Oh man it's really a lot of copy and paste!

@Acecombat

The exempt array system was removed from ECP_Settings.sqs due to the possibility of people cheating.

It was moved down further into ECP_Effects.pbo. In the next release version (due this weekend) i'll include all of those vehicles for you in the default exempt arrays.

Although OFPEC is closed, the ECP page at:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg

remains open. biggrin_o.gif

Here is a screenie of what you can look forward to in the next release:

ECP Editor Enhancement

biggrin_o.gif

@snypir

@RED

What tool do you guys use when you convert .bin files into .cpp files?

I tried OFP Manager and UnPBO 1.3 from Amalfi but they both corrupt the file!

So how do you work on these files?

ECP Editor Enhancement

biggrin_o.gif

Whoa, that IS impressive. Should make unit placement more precise, and weapon and mag adding a lot quicker. Any chance of support for unofficial weapons in the inventory? smile_o.gif

Thanks snypir smile_o.gif (so what red gave me wont work until the next version ?)

Btw plz tell me that its a built ingame addammo/weapon editor plus a debug mode for scripts? biggrin_o.gif

Is there a new cam scripting facility in this? biggrin_o.gif ...or maybe i am dreaming for too much eh?

ECP Editor Enhancement

biggrin_o.gif

Whoa, that IS impressive. Should make unit placement more precise, and weapon and mag adding a lot quicker. Any chance of support for unofficial weapons in the inventory? smile_o.gif

Please tell me we can reposition the units in the 3d view! I've never been much good at using setpos, so if I could place the units in buildings visually, I could do a lot better editing. Would make stacking objects easier, too. smile_o.gif

Whoa steady there! Keep your panties on biggrin_o.gif

This first version of the ECP Editor Enhancement provides:

[*]The ability to spectate any unit

[*]The ability to create 'hotspots' in the editor and spectate them

[*]A 'freelook' capability which allows the camera to roam across the entire map under the control of the user (this has never been done before I don't think)

[*]The ability to select objects by looking at them

[*]Screenshot mode (clears the display)

[*]A help system

[*]Integrated debugging console

[*]Collapsable items

The eventual goal is to have a 3D editor, yes. But you have to walk before you can run... the next thing to be implemented (after we get this release out in the next few days) is in fact an object positioning tool. Unfortunately changes in the mission don't get replicated back in the editor so 'real' 3D editing is impossible. However, we can provide code to be copied into a mission.sqm file (this is a method that sounds tiresome at first, but it is infact quite fast).

Acecombat - how would you like an addweapon/magazine system to work? we can include it if there is a demand. That exempt array will work fine in the current version, by the way.

Kroky - the blank decompiled files are available here:

config.cpp

resource.cpp

Use cpp2bin.exe to convert them back to .bin.

@snypir

I've got already the undecrypted files.

But my question is how to decrypt the files! (Yes I tried UnPBO 1.3 and OFPManager)

So what tools are you using for it?

I've got already the undecrypted files.

But my question is how to decrypt the files! (Yes I tried UnPBO 1.3 and OFPManager)

So what tools are you using for it?

So, then why do you need to decrypt them? You have the source variants there, right in front of you. I'm assuming its the ECP config.bin:s you are referring to when you speak of "the files" above. Am I right?

If not, then what files are "the files"?

UnPBO 1.3 and/or OFPManager can be used to decode some (most?) .bin files. And yes, OFPManager is a buggy/quirky POS but its the only thing we have lest it gets updated.

Quote[/b] ]Acecombat - how would you like an addweapon/magazine system to work? we can include it if there is a demand. That exempt array will work fine in the current version, by the way.

Now your talking biggrin_o.gif

Its always been a pain in the butt to write up long addweapon sentences line aftr line .....

What i would like is a system which detects what addons i am running and then displays me a list of those guns/mag's and then allows me to simply add the weapon by clicking on it and adding ammo/mags by simply choosing their numbers.

Doable or not? smile_o.gif

Yay, I was about to ask for that aswell.

I been thinking in expending some time writing the codes and organicing them, so I would have a text file with the codes ready, so if I want to use JAM for a particular addon machine gunner all I would have to do is copy the code and paste it.

The problem is that I have so many addons that something like that would take me days of work. sad_o.gif so I just carry on doing it as I'm doing it now.

But like Ace say would be a miracle that you Gods of the editing world can give us.

I'm sure you guys can biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

That's exactly what I would like too. I think one of the most laborious parts of mission making in OFP is adding specific weapons and ammo to troops. I don't know if it would be possible to detect which addon weapons were installed and automatically add them to the 'armoury' in the editor, but if this was possible it would be REALLY great. Something to think about anyway. smile_o.gif

i think it should be workable i even remembr someone else working on a similiar project maybe it was Operation X MOD or someone ...?