Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Because desert island is the default that loads when OFP loads. Its the first thing a player notices that ECP has changed and as such it was done first, maybe they did not want to or had no time to do the other islands.

Yes we did run out of time, if you want new intro cutscenes they can be made.

There will be a new ECP version out this week, that will contain a number of fixes and new effects smile_o.gif This will be the last full size release, after this release patches will be 1Mb in size.

RED

I wouldn't devote any time to it, you guys have a list of stuff you hope to achieve with ECP and this can go at the very bottom i'm sure.

Can't say I'm terribly keen on merging this with the explosion mod. I think the reverse should happen. Goldmember should be given permission to build his explosion mod off the ECP for those fans of his work.

im not keen on this either. thats why i run them simotanously. try that. best of both worlds. update one or both. doesnt matter smile_o.gif i have the beautiful INQ weapons, flamer explosiions, blood, and all the wonderful things GMR incorperated into his mod. and now the spec script from this ECP project. which is about the only thing i really wanted from them lol tounge_o.gif

you know. i was thinking. i got an idea that OFP has needed for....well forever. and with certian scripts, keybindings, animation(s) this can be accomp[lished. and id like to see ECP do it first. id like to be able to jump in OFP. jumping would be cool

Jumping must be very restricted if it will be done... You dont jump so good when equipped and have a rifle in your hands.

I dunno. I think somehow jumping in ofp would wreck it.  rock.gif

Anyhow. I've been fiddlin with ECP for a little bit and one thing I would have liked to have added is the arty whizby sounds for RPG's and AT weapons for that added BHD ambience...

... Speaking of which I've been unsuccessfuly attempting to find a way to make rotor failures more survivable so they're a little more cool. Right now they're really great if you're shooting something down, they look fantastic. However if you actually want to be in one and have a chance of surviving. Good luck. Even while you're falling they'll just keep blasting away at you until either your guys bail out and die... or the whole thing just blows up.

I'm really looking forward to the next release. Can't wait to see it.

Yes we did run out of time, if you want new intro cutscenes they can be made.

There will be a new ECP version out this week, that will contain a number of fixes and new effects smile_o.gif This will be the last full size release, after this release patches will be 1Mb in size.

RED

Its nice to have your future updates released as patches, but if possible, a new full release of every version would be good as well since patches for OFP addons have proved not to work all that good.

Best would be to release a patch and full version includung all the patches before, every time an update is released.

Jesus, you go away for a few weeks and the ECP thread gets a couple of thousand replies.

Well done to RED for getting it out there.

This is a very 'developmental' sort of thing, and with every release there are big changes happening.

We are seperating Dynamic Range and ECP in future releases, all of which will be available from the ECP page at OFPEC:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

But yes, we understand people don't want to download huge files every time so we'll be catering for both as you suggested esti_the_big.

1.04 will be released by the end of the week, and can be thought of as the first 'stable release'. Such is the nature of OFP editing eh?

regards

you know. i was thinking. i got an idea that OFP has needed for....well forever. and with certian scripts, keybindings, animation(s) this can be accomp[lished.  and id like to see ECP do it first. id like to be able to jump in OFP. jumping would be cool

No offense but why the heck would you want to jump in OFP? What possible difference would it make to the game? It's not like Half-Life or something where jumping is integral to progress through the game. IMO it would be a lot of work for no benefit whatsoever. rock.gif

cuz im sick and tired of having to walk 10 miles around a fence that is no more then a foot high. liek the barbed wire, and those tank spikes... shit i could step over those in real life. so why should i have to walk over the hill and thru the woods just to get around the stupid thing

cuz im sick and tired of having to walk 10 miles around a fence that is no more then a foot high. liek the barbed wire, and those tank spikes... shit i could step over those in real life. so why should i have to walk over the hill and thru the woods just to get around the stupid thing

I'm not big of a scripter, but you could somehow create an animation (or even simpler without an animation at all) binded to an action that can only be chosen if your near a fence. The action would carry the name "climb over fence" or so. if chosen the soldier automatically climbs over the fence, in my eyes the best solution, since jumping wouldn't add anything to the game apart from the example with fences...

Back ontopic

Looking forward to the new ECP release, i really hope your partnership with GMR allows you implent decent explo effects!

Noooooo.  wow_o.gif

By the way. Three words for future consideration. Optional weapon jamming.

The new version is up at the ECP webpage, this contains a number of fixes and additions. The ECP files are handled differently, the files are now available separately. Read the ECP page to understand this.

The ECP now contains:

Blood

Chopper dust

Fire

Tank shock dust

Tail rotor failure

Anti tank trail

Anti tank backblast

Plane damage

Halo script

Chopper smoke

Spectating

Island detection

Snow script

Explosions scripts

Sound scripts

Note: There will be some lag at the start of a mission, this can't be helped but we will be trying to streamline the ECP in a future patch.

We will be releasing a patch with some nice, low lag explosions soon, stay tuned.

RED

Thanks for the update RED! I usually use GM's ExploMod (the smoker version) but will try this new version and see what it gives.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Hmm youve given the wrong link , the correct is this :ECP page

Plus whats with the DR separation now i am confused as to what i should get .. rock.gif

You need the ECP Core file.

The other dynamic range addons are optional, if you are planning on running the dynamic range version you must have all the DR Update patches + the DR config (if you have ECP 1.02, you will already have the ECP_DR_extra_sound.pbo + ECP_DR_extra_sound2.pbo)

I hope that made some sense  tounge_o.gif

RED

Hmm youve given the wrong link , the correct is this :ECP page

Plus whats with the DR separation now i am confused as to what i should get ..  rock.gif

The DR seperation has made it slightly more complicated yes, though this should prove to be a muich better solution in the future as updates will be available seperately which will mean there is less downloading to do in later versions.

RED

Ok so those files are same you havent changed the DR update files only ADDED a new extrasound3 pbo right? I only need that now since i have those other 2 ... smile_o.gif

Well hope its worth it this time i am now seriously missing GMR mod but i hope this ECP version will make me forget that biggrin_o.gif

OH CRAP.

FYI:

Clicking on any link to OFPEC from this forum will not work, until we can sort out a problem with the server. HuBBa implemented hotlink protection but it's not setup correctly so any link to OFPEC will result in an error message. biggrin_o.gif

In order to go to the ECP page, copy and paste the link into another broswer window/tab.

Ok so those files are same you havent changed the DR update files only ADDED a new extrasound3 pbo right? I only need that now since i have those other 2 ... smile_o.gif

Well hope its worth it this time i am now seriously missing GMR mod but i hope this ECP version will make me forget that  biggrin_o.gif

Yes, you only need update 3. This ECP version does not add many new effects (though the AT trail is very cool, and the blood has been updated by snYpir) This version has provided us with a rock solid base to build on, you will see some very nice effects in the next release which will be very soon smile_o.gif

RED

OH CRAP.

FYI:

Clicking on any link to OFPEC from this forum will not work, until we can sort out a problem with the server. HuBBa implemented hotlink protection but it's not setup correctly so any link to OFPEC will result in an error message. biggrin_o.gif

In order to go to the ECP page, copy and paste the link into another broswer window/tab.

Cheers for the heads up mate smile_o.gif

Mirrors:

ECP Core

DR Patch 1

DR Patch 2

DR Patch 3

DR Bin

Thanks to Toadlife again for these smile_o.gif

RED

Ok guys this one is much better i have seen improvements in just 2 mins of gameplay tounge_o.gif

But one bug i see here is this one:

twosome.jpg

One BMP gets a crater underneath it while the other doesnt? rock.gif

bhdgoingdown.jpg

BTW i like this new added flame on the helo ... biggrin_o.gif

Oh and the AT back blast is looking real cool this time with the new blood it looked like as if the soldiers innards popped out or something and it died in ONE go ? the others started shooting at it me for it too ... cant it be labeleld as an accident ? crazy_o.gif