Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Having played with the new ECP for a while I can honestly say that I love every bit of it except the explosions. Although they are apparently Goldmember's they don't quite seem the same as when running his own mod. Does the ECP use the smoker version? I never seem to get the big fireball effect that I frequently got with the GMR (and I've blown up a LOT of stuff in testing), and I haven't seen the smoke 'tentacles' that he implemented in recent releases. Also, I liked the way debris remained on the ground with that mod, and the way there were various different smoke effects so that after a battle some destroyed vehicles had huge columns of black smoke drifting skywards whilst others had very little or none, just to add variety. If the ECP was basically exactly how it is now but with all of GM's explosion effects fully implemented it would be the ultimate config for OFP. As it is now I still feel divided between the two. sad_o.gif

Just some feedback anyway. Please don't take the wrong way. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the comments Munger, very much appreciated smile_o.gif I added the explosion effects as a last minute kind of thing, I left a lot of things out as I didn't have time to test them all. The effects I used were from the smoky version, I am with you on this one, there is too much smoke and not enough fire.

We have a lot of new features to add in the next version, if you download the patch in 1 - 2 weeks you should see something pretty good This patch will be quite a bit smaller.

RED

Cheers RED. smile_o.gif

Just did some more testing now. One other thing from GMR I thought was cool was the way destroyed buildings burned and smoked for a while like the vehicles. Looked amazing after using CoC's arty on some helpless little Nogovan village. biggrin_o.gif It would be good to see that in the ECP too.

Regarding Dynamic Range, I just tried the basic (non-enhanced) config version and I found that a few sounds were not being played. For example, whilst DR has two 'bullets hitting metal' effects, only one was ever used, and it was the same for shooting the ground - there are about five effects for bullets hitting dirt IIRC, but only two were ever used. The enhanced DR config on the other hand seems to use only the hit sounds added in the separate PBO's and not the originals at all (although there are a LOT of sounds in those new files so maybe I just missed them). Sorry to be so picky; It's just that I've ripped DR apart and put it back together exactly how I like it so many times now that I know straight away when something ain't right. crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Cheers RED. smile_o.gif

Just did some more testing now. One other thing from GMR I thought was cool was the way destroyed buildings burned and smoked for a while like the vehicles. Looked amazing after using CoC's arty on some helpless little Nogovan village. biggrin_o.gif It would be good to see that in the ECP too.

Regarding Dynamic Range, I just tried the basic (non-enhanced) config version and I found that a few sounds were not being played. For example, whilst DR has two 'bullets hitting metal' effects, only one was ever used, and it was the same for shooting the ground - there are about five effects for bullets hitting dirt IIRC, but only two were ever used. The enhanced DR config on the other hand seems to use only the hit sounds added in the separate PBO's and not the originals at all (although there are a LOT of sounds in those new files so maybe I just missed them). Sorry to be so picky; It's just that I've ripped DR apart and put it back together exactly how I like it so many times now that I know straight away when something ain't right.  crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I never noticed that cheers for pointing that out, I will let the guys know.

Thanks again smile_o.gif

RED

Hi Munger smile_o.gif

as u prob already know.

1: Some of the sounds in the original (.ogg) DR never played at all.

2: some played on and off

This was due to certain incorrect parameters within the config.

3: Some original DR (ogg) sounds were inappropriate, and hence forth were removed by me in the new updated DR.

They were the bullet burst hit gound/armour sounds if memory serves.

Reason was that for every bullet that that hit armour/ground player received the burst sound, which was of course, the sound of 3 bullets hiting either armour or ground. You could in fact , if u aimed correctly, make it so one of the bullets in the burst hit armour, and one hit ground and end up with the sounds of 3 bullets hitting ground and 3 hitting armour.

The new updated DR assures player of one hit one sound.

4: there is an error in the standard ECP DR (wss) config--I believe 2 entrys have remained as ogg. My Appologies for this oversight, these sounds wont be heard untill there entry is corrected to wss.

5. Apart from that I made an absolute maximum effort to retain all of the DR sounds that we know and love.

Regards

Zay

ECP team

Do all other effects work? I will try and figure out what is happening.

RED

Well, I hear bullet wizz (great btw!), dynamic sound also works, tailrotor, blood etc. All fine. But I only get the same old explos as always. And vehicles don't burn after being destroyed (as in goldmembers addon).

Just tried it on the scud 4 times (on desert island), never was there a real fireball or a burning vehicle after explosion... Neither in the testmap included

IMHO you should try to implent the original effects Goldmember has used. Judging from the pics they're a bit altered (though I can't judge from ingame, maybe its better than on the pics...) And maybe let people choose which explo version they like (smoker, fire etc, as in goldmembers explomod, debris or no debris...).

Other than that, I really enjoy this addon though...

edit

just read about you implenting the explos last minute. So its understandable that the whole explo thing is a bit unfinished. Try to make em well looking, because they really add a lot of Atmosphere, and thats what the mod is finally about, isn't it?

G luck in further developing of ecp, nice work!

btw, explos still dont work for me sad_o.gif

Do all other effects work? I will try and figure out what is happening.

RED

Well, I hear bullet wizz (great btw!), dynamic sound also works, tailrotor, blood etc. All fine. But I only get the same old explos as always. And vehicles don't burn after being destroyed (as in goldmembers addon).

Just tried it on the scud 4 times (on desert island), never was there a real fireball or a burning vehicle after explosion... Neither in the testmap included

IMHO you should try to implent the original effects Goldmember has used. Judging from the pics they're a bit altered (though I can't judge from ingame, maybe its better than on the pics...) And maybe let people choose which explo version they like (smoker, fire etc, as in goldmembers explomod, debris or no debris...).

Other than that, I really enjoy this addon though...

edit

just read about you implenting the explos last minute. So its understandable that the whole explo thing is a bit unfinished. Try to make em well looking, because they really add a lot of Atmosphere, and thats what the mod is finally about, isn't it?

G luck in further developing of ecp, nice work!

btw, explos still dont work for me sad_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback esti smile_o.gif

Yeah the explosions are very much a work in progress, I am trying to neaten up some of the explosion scripts. GMs effects have not been altered, his after explosion fire has been removed though. As you said, it looks very different ingame and on a better computer than mine tounge_o.gif

I am still confused as to why the explosions are not showing for you though, I looked into the matter but couldn't find anything wrong. It is hard to fix a bug if you can't produce it sad_o.gif

RED

Np, it seems it really it's something thats gotta do with my setup or similiar, since all others don't have the same problem.

I'll reinstall the mod tomorrow, maybe some failure has sneaked in there...

The explosions aren't as big in ECP as in GMR esti because ECP uses the smoker version which has loads of smoke and hardly any fire. IMO the middle config version of GMR is by far the best, but that's just my personal opinion of course. Anyway, perhaps that's why you aren't seeing big explosions and it's not a prob with your PC? Just a thought.

In reply to Zayfod's post:

Could you tell me which entries in the standard config are still set to ogg?

Some differences I noticed between Satchel's original DR and Pitviper's Resistance config version:

-there is no explosion sound for the Hellfire missile when it hits the ground, although there is actually an explosion sound dedicated to this weapon (hellfire2.wss)

-the four different soldiermoving sounds (soldiermoving, specopssoldiermoving, mgsoldiermoving, mslsoldiermoving) that used to work in OFP don't work in Resistance. Instead there is just one generic footsteps sound used for every class of soldier. Not sure where this single sound comes from - think it is actually the default Sound.pbo file

-the Hind's cannon sound has it's own effect in the pack (gsh302.wss) but it doesn't use it, instead using the Apache's cannon sound (automatic_cannon.wss)

-the Vulcan also has it's own sound file (vulcan.wss) but again just uses the automatic_cannon.wss sound in the game

I let PV know about these issues some time ago but I just thought I'd let you know too in case you didn't already. Not sure if anything can be done about them but it's worth knowing in case any fixes can be made. smile_o.gif

and to remind everyone im still running ECP, and GMR together

I got it to work too, thanks to your detailed instructions. I just followed them and now I have both running. There are some things not working like smoke/flame from damaged (not destroyed) choppers, etc.. but I know for sure that there are elemnts from both mods working smile_o.gif

Detailed Instructions For Everyone Else

well if these worked for one person.. what the hell ill try to see if it will help others

(posting here too for the ppl who missed it in GMRs Topic)

Hi Munger,

this is very unusual. I have just extensively tested ECP Beta 1.02 Normal DR config and ECP Beta 1.02 Updated DR config.

Testing system win98se, opflash RES 1.94 @ECP mod

In game Audio hardware acc disabled

My findings:

Quote[/b] ]-there is no explosion sound for the Hellfire missile when it hits the ground, although there is actually an explosion sound dedicated to this weapon (hellfire2.wss)

I hear hellfire2.wss clearly in both configs. Both 1st person and 3rd person. I hear it with Apache and Mil24.

Quote[/b] ]-the four different soldiermoving sounds (soldiermoving, specopssoldiermoving, mgsoldiermoving, mslsoldiermoving) that used to work in OFP don't work in Resistance. Instead there is just one generic footsteps sound used for every class of soldier. Not sure where this single sound comes from - think it is actually the default Sound.pbo file

I hear all four moving sounds clearly in both configs. It is not audible in 3rd person but very clear in 1st person. I think this was intentional. However I may reasses whether it should be heard in 3rd person.

Quote[/b] ]-the Hind's cannon sound has it's own effect in the pack (gsh302.wss) but it doesn't use it, instead using the Apache's cannon sound (automatic_cannon.wss)

I hear gsh302.wss clearly in both configs. Both in 1st person and 3rd.

Quote[/b] ]-the Vulcan also has it's own sound file (vulcan.wss) but again just uses the automatic_cannon.wss sound in the game

I did not hear vulcan.wss at all in either configs. And yes, it used autmatic_cannon.wss. I checked both configs and there is no entry for vulcan.wss. Perhaps PV removed it.

I checked both the configs for the incorrect .ogg entries and found that both have been fixed.

The only currently known erro now is with ECP beta 1.02 Normal config, all the Music entries need to be changed from .wss to .ogg. I had done it on the Updated config but must have missed it with the Normal DR config--sorry about that. Itll be fixed next release.

sad_o.gif

Now as to why you are not hearing these sounds, well im not sure.

plz double check that u indeed have the correct config, and plz perform an audio test without any other Mods running--Just ECP smile_o.gif

Failing that, if u have hardware acc enabled in game try disabling it.

Failing that, go into control panel double click multimedia and set your operating systems audio hardware acc to three quarters.

I hope this report helps ya mate. smile_o.gif

Zay

Compared the ecp explo effects with smoker version from goldmember, and yes, the explo effects in ecp do seem to be not as good as the smoker from goldmember explo mod, even though it should be the same.

In goldmembers separate explo mod, I apparantly do get a glimpse of a nice fireball in smoker version (even though there is a lot of smoke), followed by a lot of great looking debris. And the vehicles burn sometimes after being destroyed, which they don't in ecp. I blew up all armored vehicles from east & west about 5 times each, never did I get a fire coming from the wreck.

I really hope you can implent goldmembers explo addon in the next version without any problems and with all its features. Personally I'd appreciate the middle flamer version, with burning debris (that might stay some time), random Ammo explosions and burning wrecks. But best would be if you could choose through the configuration script what kinds of explos you like of course.

Ok i got ECP1.02 and this time got DR too ( i must say i am not impressed with the M-16 sounds in DR rock.gifmad_o.gif ) ....

My personal gripe with this ECP project is that it isnt achieving what its purpose was to GET all the GOODIES of OFP'world in to one config , we still are having a hard time deciding what to do ither have GMR or ECP ... Could you guys plz INTEGRATE the whole GMR mod inside your project? I love GMR's explosions and i also like your whole project , but i cant have both and it makes me hate OFP no end then when i have to confuse myself in several thousand versions of configs ...... while ECP was suppose to help sort out this crisis.

I am not bad mouthing your work , i like it over GMR atm since this adds much much more and am running ECP only over GMR so i hope you guys INTEGRATE GMR asap in ECP.

Also which config should i run now that i have d/ded DR from ECP's page ..(wss one)

and am running ECP only over GMR so i hope you guys INTEGRATE GMR asap in ECP.

follow my easy guide to running both and like me, yuo wont ever have to make a decsiion over GMR or ECP ever again. ECP is "ok" GMR "out preforms" ECP anyday. but they both ofer tht something extra that the other doesnt have. there fore i have no choice but to run them both. the guide is posted in my sig. check it out Ace. and perhaps you too can never choose between them ever again biggrin_o.gif

Sorry Pappy but your way is too dodgy and not clearly explained i am a bit confused on it , also i'd rather have one joint stabl project rather then to hop from one thread to the other looking for micron updates to each config and get confused if i dont pay attentiion for a 2-3 days in one thread ... sorry call me a perfectionist or whatever but i want ONE MOD which maks sense in everyway since thats what ECP's goal IS (or so i think).

Besides according to your way some featurs dont work while others work , i dont wanna go half and half on each cant compromise on a MODs feature. I am running ECP only and hope ECP and GMR MERGE togther and that GMR shuts down his individual MOD or make it in such a way that his updates , update my ECP mod too.

smile_o.gif

I am running ECP only and hope ECP and GMR MERGE togther and that GMR shuts down his individual MOD or make it in such a way that his updates , update my ECP mod too.

smile_o.gif

By me it´s the other way around. I use GMR only and hope that ECP is gonna be merged into it.

I know that ECP (the idea) was born before GMR and maybe GMR is just a wannabe super config....but GMR deserves more gratitude than ECP imo. Think about it, w/o Goldmember we hadn´t had these nice effects at all...he released his cool mod and improved it to the wishes of the community (which works great imo) while the super config team just disappeared and did their own thing sad_o.gif

i don´t say that you ecp guys do not care about the community, i´m sure that all ideas from the super config thread were taken into consideration, but GM did better, he gave us something to play with wink_o.gif

*not meant to offend ECP team, i really appreciate your work for this mod even if it does not sound like this*

@ECP-team About you using the goldmembers explosion are great! To be honest, I havent had an oportunity to test anything ofp for some time BUT I played with GMR before and I have followed the ECP-project since I first heard of it.

So I´m looking forward to play with ECP and I HOPE that you will use goldmembers MIDDLE-CONFIG explosions. They are (in my opinion) the most realistic. Not to much flames, not to much smoke..

I understand what you mean Burns but ECP offers more choices and has the SPACE to accomodate GMR in to it rather the GMR accomodating ECP in to IT.

Thats whyi am sacrificing GMR atm , plus i know Goldmember did a fantastic job with his explosions thats the reason why i am clammring on and on about his mergr with ECP that way we cann all BE HAPPY biggrin_o.gif , instead of standing at a threshold of what to choose before starting OFP. Only reason why i choose ECP is bcoz of other effects like helidust , tank shell whiz , random heli crash , blood , spectate script. But it lacks INQs weapons as default and GMR"s xplosion only.

I HOPE THEY DO MERGE for the whole community's sake.

I understand what you mean Burns but ECP offers more choices and has the SPACE to accomodate GMR in to it rather the GMR accomodating ECP in to IT.

ok, that´s a good reason, i agree.

Only reason why i choose ECP is bcoz of other effects like helidust , tank shell whiz , random heli crash , blood , spectate script. But it lacks INQs weapons as default and GMR"s xplosion only.

But here i must disagree.

helidust, tank shell whiz & blood are also present in GMR.

+GMR has tank shock dust, smoking helo & soon: scorched earth effect after tank´s exploded wow_o.gif

I am running ECP only and hope ECP and GMR MERGE togther and that GMR shuts down his individual MOD or make it in such a way that his updates , update my ECP mod too.

smile_o.gif

By me it´s the other way around. I use GMR only and hope that ECP is gonna be merged into it.

I know that ECP (the idea) was born before GMR and maybe GMR is just a wannabe super config....but GMR deserves more gratitude than ECP imo. Think about it, w/o Goldmember we hadn´t had these nice effects at all...he released his cool mod and improved it to the wishes of the community (which works great imo) while the super config team just disappeared and did their own thing sad_o.gif

i don´t say that you ecp guys do not care about the community, i´m sure that all ideas from the super config thread were taken into consideration, but GM did better, he gave us something to play with  wink_o.gif

*not meant to offend ECP team, i really appreciate your work for this mod even if it does not sound like this*

The ECP won't be shutting down just yet, don't get your hopes up smile_o.gif In the future we probably will be merging in some form or the other, but not quite yet.

@Acecombat: We will be doing something bigger and better with explosions soon, if you wait a week or two you will see smile_o.gif I will probably do a INQ version of the ECP for you, I am suffering from an OFP burnout at the moment though sad_o.gif

RED

The ECP won't be shutting down just yet, don't get your hopes up smile_o.gif In the future we probably will be merging in some form or the other, but not quite yet.

I didn´t hope so and i won´t. i like u guys and your mod, iirc i even made a request for fishions tank shock dust & vektorboson´s heli dust in the super config thread smile_o.gif

I´m sure both mods will make a decision that is good for the whole community wink_o.gif

Cool i cant wait RED and is this explosion rework that your talking about a co-op with Goldmember or not? Cause even if you guys do a better on its best that GMR merge still , bcuz i'd hate to see GMR doing his MOD separately which will no doubt make some more nice explosions which will lead me to ask you guys about a merger again as people will no doubt be tempted to use both again .... its a vicsious (sp) cycle of FX greed from us OFP fans tounge_o.gif

won't ECP sooner or later need some sort of front-end prog so that ppl can make their own config, selecting min/max angles, fov, type of explosions, and so on ?

Another thing for the helicopters : can the autorotation landing be improved (and also actually work when you have some engine failure due to damages but are still alive in the helicopter).

I mean woult it possible to have some conditions of vertical and horizontal airspeed to successfully land in autorotation rather than the basic collective-down and wait autorotation ?

could we have the helicopter spin (opposite sense of rotation with main rotor) when tail rotor fails ?

Well i know, i am asking a lot of things that most of ofp players will not need, but eh, you never know ;)

I really like ECP, and i'd also like that goldmember would use ecp basis to improve his explosions and effects rather than having a different mod.

(BTW, gmr, if you happen to read that , your helo dammage check routine is somehow flawed and completely prevents successful autorotation as when the helo touches the ground after a autorotation, whatever one does, it explodes.)

As i keep re-iterating they both need each other like Husband and wife tounge_o.gif .... better to get married in one MOD rather then separate ...

Hi Munger,

this is very unusual. I have just extensively tested ECP Beta 1.02 Normal DR config and ECP Beta 1.02 Updated DR config.

Testing system win98se, opflash RES 1.94 @ECP mod

In game Audio hardware acc disabled

My findings:

Quote[/b] ]-there is no explosion sound for the Hellfire missile when it hits the ground, although there is actually an explosion sound dedicated to this weapon (hellfire2.wss)

I hear hellfire2.wss clearly in both configs. Both 1st person and 3rd person. I hear it with Apache and Mil24.

Quote[/b] ]-the four different soldiermoving sounds (soldiermoving, specopssoldiermoving, mgsoldiermoving, mslsoldiermoving) that used to work in OFP don't work in Resistance. Instead there is just one generic footsteps sound used for every class of soldier. Not sure where this single sound comes from - think it is actually the default Sound.pbo file

I hear all four moving sounds clearly in both configs. It is not audible in 3rd person but very clear in 1st person. I think this was intentional. However I may reasses whether it should be heard in 3rd person.

Quote[/b] ]-the Hind's cannon sound has it's own effect in the pack (gsh302.wss) but it doesn't use it, instead using the Apache's cannon sound (automatic_cannon.wss)

I hear gsh302.wss clearly in both configs. Both in 1st person and 3rd.

Quote[/b] ]-the Vulcan also has it's own sound file (vulcan.wss) but again just uses the automatic_cannon.wss sound in the game

I did not hear vulcan.wss at all in either configs. And yes, it used autmatic_cannon.wss. I checked both configs and there is no entry for vulcan.wss. Perhaps PV removed it.

I checked both the configs for the incorrect .ogg entries and found that both have been fixed.

The only currently known erro now is with ECP beta 1.02 Normal config, all the Music entries need to be changed from .wss to .ogg. I had done it on the Updated config but must have missed it with the Normal DR config--sorry about that. Itll be fixed next release.

sad_o.gif

Now as to why you are not hearing these sounds, well im not sure.

plz double check that u indeed have the correct config, and plz perform an audio test without any other Mods running--Just ECP smile_o.gif

Failing that, if u have hardware acc enabled in game try disabling it.

Failing that, go into control panel double click multimedia and set your operating systems audio hardware acc to three quarters.

I hope this report helps ya mate. smile_o.gif

Zay

Thanks Zayfod. I was running with audio hardware acceleration enabled so I turned it off but it made no difference. Strangely the Hind's cannon does use the right sound (gsh302) in the ECP config, but using PV's 1.90 DR config it doesn't. Otherwise though, the hellfire explosion sound was still silent and the four soldiermoving sounds didn't play either. Weirdly enough when I was talking to PV about this a while ago he was actually the one who said he heard no hellfire explosion sound and I just confirmed it for him. One thing I notice from your post is that you are running Win98 and not XP. Now I think about it, it was around the time I upgraded from 98 to XP that I stopped hearing those sounds. It sounds (boom boom) strange but perhaps that has something to do with it. rock.gif

Sorry Pappy but your way is too dodgy and not clearly explained i am a bit confused on it , also i'd rather have one joint stabl project rather then to hop from one thread to the other looking for micron updates to each config and get confused if i dont pay attentiion for a 2-3 days in one thread ... sorry call me a perfectionist or whatever but i want ONE MOD which maks sense in everyway since thats what ECP's goal IS (or so i think).

Besides according to your way some featurs dont work while others work , i dont wanna go half and half on each cant compromise on a MODs feature. I am running ECP only and hope ECP and GMR MERGE togther and that GMR shuts down his individual MOD or make it in such a way that his updates , update my ECP mod too.

smile_o.gif

seei prefer GMR over ECP cuz it ofers the INQ weapons (which doesnt lag, you liars tounge_o.gif ) blood, DR, AND new explosions. which is EVERYTHIGN i could ever want. the tank and heli dust are extra that helps too smile_o.gif theECP ofers only 1 thing that i want. an automatic spectator script.

features lost in the running of 2: at backblast doesnt affect AI (dont know about players) and thats it.

and its dodgy and confusing?. umm well i explained it as detailed as possible. run GMR in a mod folder. and replace the default OFP crap with ECP in both the orginal and resistance folders. take defualt config, press delete. take ECP config. place where old one was. do the same with all the other ECP files. whats so dodgy rock.gif . bah i give up. ok so me, and 2 others are running both mods together. so only 3 of us have a perfect OFP now tounge_o.gif