Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

Lightwave

Sorry to be askin so many questions, but I am using a modelling program at school called Lightwave. I am not sure if anyone has ever heard of ot, but it is very good. If anyone knows about it, could they tell me if it is possible to import/export .p3d files to it's format?

welocome to the club mate ive been trying to find out how to import p3d in to another 3d modelling prog for weeks and no sod seem to know sad_o.gif even though ive saw it done

Hint: The File type is .Lwo, does anyone know of this program?

Another hint:.p3d pretty much is like a Package 3d file that has information packed into it.Theres nothing out there that will read it like your wanting.You can of course unpack it and export all the different parts of a .p3d.But why do all that when you can just use O2,And model in adifferent 3d program and export it to .3ds.

I'm not shore (don't have or use Lightwave) but thought it was possible to import 3ds. Some people use it to add more atmosphere to a 3Dmax scene. So i think there should be a 3ds import/eport. Otherwise try using 3Dmax, it's not that hard and you can export the textured model to O2.

Anyway, good luck.

Hint: The File type is .Lwo, does anyone know of this program?

Yeah,I know what software you are talking about LightWave.Just never really used it.But I do know of a good convertor to convert your .LWO files to .3DS an more.Check out Deep Exploration

Thanks, I havn't really created anything ofp related, but it is a real nice program. A guy in my class made a PPhK (WW2 Soviet submachine-gun?). I was thinking about some possiblilities... smile_o.gif

I use Lightwave for all my modelling, then using Deep Exploration to convert to 3ds then importing direct into O2.

This includes all my ships and buildings.