Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Hidden & Dangerous 2 is out

oh the capturing thing...just scare the sh&t outta of an AI guy and he'll surrender...try killing a bunch of guys around him, shooting near him, shooting his weapon away..it's not scripted.. on that mission you raid an italian airfield I had alot of guys trying to surrender cause of all the havoc my boys were causing with the jeep biggrin_o.gif pity for them I don't take prisoners..

this is by FAR the best special operations type first person shooter out on the market right now...the combat diver missions are worth the price by themselves...

The mission where you have to blow up the cannons in that castle is cool. Reminds me about the movie The Rock.

I feel like a SEAL because you have to swim into it in the lower catacombs smile_o.gif

I think they actually took that idea straight from 'Guns of Navaronne'.

ooh never actually seen the movie.

Is it good?

anyone found the german back pack yet cause i cant seem to find one the same goes for germans carying Zb26's there rarer than rocking horse poo

ive got to say my favorite maps have got to be the austrian and czech ones if only for the beutiful grass you get

With tanks you can also hit them in the lower back and they will blow up. This is one thing that pisses me off about this game. You can hit the tanks with 50 bazooka shells and they have NO damage unless you hit them in the right place.

I know they had good armour, but after so many shells they SHOULD eventually be destroyed.

There is a confirmed event of a Tiger taking 237+ individual hits from anti tank rifles, cannons, and shells. It took damage to the wheels, tracks and drive train, but still managed to disengage and drive 26 miles back to the lines before it broke down.

I'll try and dig out the report on it.

ooh never actually seen the movie.

Is it good?

Well, my grandfather who fought in winter war liked it a _lot_ when it came out. So guess it was watchable 40 years ago. tounge_o.gif

The book is good as is the movie. As are Alistair Maclean books and movies in general. Also, Force 10 from Navaronne (or is it Navarone?) is a good book. But the movie is slightly less appealing even though it is a fine movie.

But any game that takes inspiration from Maclean books is worth buying I suppose. H&D2 will be at my door in two days or so. I can't wait to get my dirty hands on it. And whilst I wait a few questions.

I heard some posts about the disguises, are they harder or easier to handle than they were in H&D1? As I found it next to impossible to sucessfully use them in the first game. I "had" to go trough one mission were you are supposed to act as a civilian guns a blazing because the outfits were so hard/un-efficient.

Also, the controls. In the first game I found them to be somewhat cumbersome, issuing orders was a chore because you couldn't "time" your companions actions good enough with your own. I.E the classical "wait until I fire" type of thing. Is this improved at all?

Another control issue, is it easier to manouver yourself now? In the first game I found that tight spaces was a killer since your character acted like a complete klutz at times.

Cheers, Goob.

One of the commands you can issue is "fire on my lead". Then they will not fire untill you've fired your first shot. Use the command with caution. If a german sneaks up to them and you're somewhere else he can slaughter your team as they won't fire back.

The disguise works like this. You can't carry visibly any british items (guns, backpack etc.). Magazines, grenades, compass etc can be in your uniform-pouches or in a german backpack (if you've found one, very rare).

To top it all there is a "disguise-meter" next to your health-bar. It drops slowly or fast depending on how many soldiers see you and how close you are to them. When it reaches zero be prepared to fight back or run/hide  biggrin_o.gif

The bar slowly regenerates when you're out of sight of the enemy. As soon as you shoot/pick up body/pick lock etc you're bar will instantly drop to zero.

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I have to share my views on this game smile_o.gif

After a few posteage related delays I finally got my copy of the game on tuesday. The first few hours were undescribeable, that "new game feeling" overwhelmed me completly. All the visual impressions along with the excellent sounds threw me off my feet, the first Norway mission was the best gaming experience for me in a couple of months. Sneaking around the forest with my Lisle C.C and taking germans out one by one, I was totally immersed in the world of H&D2!

And the map design is wonderful aswell, but the friendly AI needs a CQB overhaul.... In close quarters I found that soloing it was the best thing to do, unless you want to expose yourself to the enemy by having to shout "close formation" and "regroup" a number of times. And the enemy AI could be a little more on their toes too for example, during one mission all hell was breaking loose next to a mess hall. But the enemy inside of the mess hall did not react to the submachineguns blazing away, a grenade even went off! I hope that the developers will fix this in a patch or something similar. Also the enemy behaves poorly in CQB aswell, clogging up doorways and exposing themselves to my sten gun wink_o.gif

But that said the friendly AI behaves very good in open areas. Ambushing german patrols in Austria was really very exciting. And the overhauled "tactical mode" is a very nice feature aswell as the personalized soldiers. The ability to personalize your soldiers uniforms is wonderful, I love stealing German garrison caps and running about in them smile_o.gif

hmm, on the mission where we have to blow up the cannons on the french fort i had a bad time switching the lighthouse on cause there was a locked door i could not find a key for, there was also another locked door to a medical room or something but i didnt find any keys and i killed and searched all the badies, i now know i didnt need to enter that room to turn on the lighthouse and passed the mission but im still very curious crazy_o.gif , im currently on a train station trying to save a resistance dude, this one seems very hard but ill pass it eventually...

Just cleared that one, it took its fair share of time to get it right but after a while I got ahold of a jerrie uniform and from there it went smooth as pie smile_o.gif

By the way, did anyone get flashbacks from the movie Kellys heroesduring the mission "Blade dancer"? The one where you save a few yanks from approaching German troops.

Just cleared that one, it took its fair share of time to get it right but after a while I got ahold of a jerrie uniform and from there it went smooth as pie smile_o.gif

Ok, thanx for the tip, im having a very bad time on this one smile_o.gif .