Sign in to follow this  
Asmodeus

The lost lion v2.1

Thanks ruff!

I did some research too and it does look like the Delta's would be more suited for this type of mission.

I'll make that change and a few others and post up what I hope to be the Final version! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks everyone and happy holidays!

Asmo

Greetings!

V1_8 is here!   ghostface.gif

Changes/Fixes:

*changed Rangers to Delta's

*removed M2's in Dourdan

*Added radio message near preachers town at moment of discovery (I hope)

*Added more dotarget, dofire commands to intro to lessen the chance of a "nofire" incident

*Added credits for new beta testers to outro and readme

*Tested with ECP, works pretty good, need to find out how to disable fire scripts from ECP in my mission again though because the double fire may cause lag

That's all I can think of!

I could use feedback specifically on these things:

*Does the message about the dead people work at the right time for you?

*Is Dourdan still hard but not too hard to get into with the changes I made?

*If you use ECP, did you experience lag?

*Did the guy get shot in the intro?

Thanks in advance everyone!  Looking forward to finishing this so I can move on to my other "personal" missions!

Find it here:

http://www.everoncartel.com/TLL1_8.zip (152 Kb)

Same addons required as listed before, in the first post.

Also, I recommend using Kegety's Hisky addon, as well as the ECP core!  IMO everyone should have those!  smile_o.gif

Here's a pic I took while testing the outro:

v80death.jpg

Asmo

P.S>  I also tried reducing the lag at the first of the mission by using 2 seperate staggered triggers to initiate the AI movement.

*edit* Corrected download link *edit*

im missing th addon

lamp white

i tried to download the old zip file didnt work ne more so i couldnt get the lampbo

really wanna play this but it requires the lamp addon that i dont have

looking good so far

ive only seen the intro

Ooops!

In my haste I forgot to include that damn addon!   crazy_o.gif

@ Avon

Thanks for the mirror.   smile_o.gif

@ ruff

Thanks for testing it!  I'm glad you like the intro so far.   biggrin_o.gif  

Did the civilian get shot by the guy with the masterkey?  

@ everyone

I have uploaded a new .zip including the lamp addon that's needed.

You can find it here:

Thanks!

Asmo

Great work! I think it would make a good MP mission aswell but thats just me. Anyway...

Intro

There was too much time between Lions saying 'I'm colonel...' and the Lt being shot, which killed the atmosphere.

When your being told whats happening the CO says something about destroying the comms, the line made no sense to me (sorry I can't remember the exact line). I went into the briefing thinking I had to do it.

Briefing

I found it well laid out, with my instructions nice and clear and the whole comms issue was cleared up. The 3rd page of the notes is blank  rock.gif

I didn't see the point to the battle notes, seem like my objectives just worded differently.

As for weapons, plenty to choose from and allowing the choice for a covert or overt approach to the mission, nice wink_o.gif

I'll add the rest later, right now I need something to eat  tounge_o.gif

A toblerone and fosters later...

Mission

I liked the fact the person was hidden by bushes on the approach, it mean't I had to get close before I could identify the target.

The ambush came a bit to late to catch me though, I was already waiting for the new orders from a safe distance.

I decided against using transport because I feel travelling by road behind enemy lines is a bit on the stupid side so I spent a long time patrolling through the hills expecting spot an enemy patrol. Maybe add a few enemy patrols tasked with cutting off our escape if we headed that way?

When I approached the village (from the south) the lights looked like they were flashing, is that because of the streetlamp addon used?

I crawled towards the new contact, with a bush between us, he started talking to me. There was no way he could have seen me because of the bush and a gravestone?

I didn't quite catch the whole of the line where I was told the code. This and moments later on made me think you needed some voice actors. I'd do it but my mic's in London and I'm not  tounge_o.gif

Maybe mention that the *'s are needed in the code? By the time I'd done it I was stuck in the cabin, surrounded by loons crazy_o.gif Second time around I was in and out in 20 seconds.

Again I moved to the officers position by foot without trouble, maybe have a group chasing, there are loads of scripts to do this.

I think the BMP's in the villages should be unlocked. I took out the crew of one with the plan of mowing everyone down using the MG but when I got to it it was locked. The fact I couldn't get in was unrealistic because the former crew where hanging out of it.

No more problems unit I'd got to Lion, getting him out of the castle was a bugger, he kept getting stuck in walls. I stole the near by APC and drove him out eventually.

Outro

Is it meant to be a green screen at the start?

Maybe we could see the chopper go down in flames?  biggrin_o.gif

Final score - 24400

Took 2 hours, 41 minutes with 81 infantry kills, 4 APC's, a boat and a MG. Only lost one man, got shot whilst covering the rest of the team getting in the boat. Lets have a moments silence for poor ol' 5 sad_o.gif

Great mission, looking forward to the next one  wink_o.gif

Hey will this copy overwrite the other previous beta?

Or is this a new one and i will lose all my previous saves? crazy_o.gif

Hey will this copy overwrite the other previous beta?

Or is this a new one and i will lose all my previous saves?  crazy_o.gif

If you'll download it, you'll see that no changes were made to the mission PBO since the last update.

If your PBO is dated 11/29 12:51PM, you've already got the latest version.

Ooops!

In my haste I forgot to include that damn addon!   crazy_o.gif

@ Avon

Thanks for the mirror.   smile_o.gif

@ ruff

Thanks for testing it!  I'm glad you like the intro so far.   biggrin_o.gif  

Did the civilian get shot by the guy with the masterkey?  

@ everyone

I have uploaded a new .zip including the lamp addon that's needed.

You can find it here:

Thanks!

Asmo

yup the guy dies

but the conversation should be clearer since you dont know whos talking with who

really looking forward to this mission

ive been waiting for a conclusion to chemical warfare for qiute a while now

i really loved the games atmosphere

cant wait to play this one now

loved it!!!!!!!!!!

so much fun!!!

its way better gameplay than chemical watfare!!!!

its the sort of sp mission ive been trying to create!!!!but u did

i loved running around the island and getting secret documents!!!!

very cool

Have you thought about using the Edge's retextured guerilla's and using some HD weapons from Jam2 (needed for the guerilla's)? Plus the fact you'll get the winter version for Christmas  wink_o.gif

Mind if I make a ww2 version?

Very nice mission, a few random patrols hassling you while traveling around would spicen things up a bit but still it's a very nice and atmospheric mission.

Everything has been working fine so no bug report from me.

I wish you'd make a coop version of this one (and all your other missions while you're at it  tounge_o.gif  ) I bet you'd get quite some screentime on all the Coop servers out there.

Thanks to all of you for the great feedback!

I'll answer everyone in detail ASAP, I've been real busy lately and I'm still at work right now.

Thanks,

Asmo

@ Avon

Thank you very much!   biggrin_o.gif

@ Munk

Thanks!   smile_o.gif  I'm glad you had fun with it!

Intro:

Quote[/b] ]There was too much time between Lions saying 'I'm colonel...' and the Lt being shot, which killed the atmosphere.

Yeah, this part is a real pain in my butt.  To tell you the truth, I'm just glad he got shot...  The reason it took so long is because he probably didn't get shot when he was supposed to (which happens sometimes, for an unknown reason), so it probably caught one of the last "dofire" commands I gave it...  It all started with 1 dotarget command and 1 dofire command..  Many problems with that, so I kept messing with it until I got to this point.  If you unpbo the mission and have a look at the camera script, you'll see that I have TONS of dotarget, dofire commands and yet still he doesn't get shot sometimes.   sad_o.gif    mad_o.gif    crazy_o.gif

Ah well, enough about that, it's been one of the hardest parts of getting this mission where I want it when IMO it shouldn't have been.

Quote[/b] ]When your being told whats happening the CO says something about destroying the comms

Yeah, I need to either take that out or make it more clear.. The CO was talking to the other guy that was at that briefing, the leader of the other squad sent to take out that comm tower.

Briefing:

Thanks, I'll nuke that empty page.  Yeah, the battle notes are kind of pointless in this mission, but it's just something I add to all my briefings since being inspired by BAS's (Nagual's) Delta/Ranger missions.  

Glad you like the weapons choice, gotta be able to play with all that great stuff!   smile_o.gif

Mission:

Glad you liked the hidden guy, and as far as the ambush goes... Well, you didn't follow orders and it really doesn't matter because if you run away from them at the first of the mission, there's just a lot more enemies in the cities and the boat dock.   tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe add a few enemy patrols tasked with cutting off our escape if we headed that way?

LoL, I thought about doing this actually.. But then I get people complaining about unfair placement of troops and the fact that it prevents you from using time acceleration.. I might just have to add a few random patrols anyway and tell those people too bad.  We'll see.    wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]When I approached the village (from the south) the lights looked like they were flashing, is that because of the streetlamp addon used?

Yes, it was the best one I could find and I didn't have time to make my own.  

Quote[/b] ]I crawled towards the new contact, with a bush between us, he started talking to me. There was no way he could have seen me because of the bush and a gravestone?

Yeah, it's just activated by a trigger with a certain radius..  Not much I can do about that because I can't delete the bush or anything..

Quote[/b] ]I didn't quite catch the whole of the line where I was told the code. This and moments later on made me think you needed some voice actors. I'd do it but my mic's in London and I'm not

And therin lies the problem...  I have a few voice actors that I could ask but they are all pretty busy lately.. So, I want to add voices, but I have a feeling that'd push the release time back at least a month or two.  I don't want to wait that long to release my next mission!  

But, if I can get 3 solid voice actors that have the time and the equipment then I'll surely add voices!  Please instant message me if anyone is interested.

That makes sense about adding something in there explaining the *'s for the code. Acecombat had a prob with that too.  I'll add something in there to explain, thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Again I moved to the officers position by foot without trouble, maybe have a group chasing, there are loads of scripts to do this.

Yeah, there is a group that goes from the Cabin area to the city with the key (can't remember if it was Houdan or Dourdan)..  So they do kind of chase you, but I don't think I'll add one of the chase scripts in there because:

A.  They aren't supposed to have communications

B.  It's really hard to track someone in the dead of night

C.  It would be unfair to the player.. How would this chasing party know exactly where you're going, no matter where you went?

Quote[/b] ]I think the BMP's in the villages should be unlocked. I took out the crew of one with the plan of mowing everyone down using the MG but when I got to it it was locked.

The fact I couldn't get in was unrealistic because the former crew where hanging out of it.

Hmmm... I don't think I locked them actually.. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Quote[/b] ]No more problems unit I'd got to Lion, getting him out of the castle was a bugger, he kept getting stuck in walls.

Yeah, that part sucks..  I'll have to add a hint in the readme to do what you did with an APC or something.

Outro

No, there isn't supposed to be a green screen...  I don't even know how that could happen unless it was just a fluke with your comp or something..  ??

Quote[/b] ]Maybe we could see the chopper go down in flames?

Hmm... There should have been more than one chopper and there should have been a big air battle with lots of AA launches, Vulcans firing, the Barracuda firing on it and even some AH-64's that are scrambled to fight them.  So yeah, they should have been going down in flames for sure..  

*Moment of silence starts for #5*

wink_o.gif

Thank you very much for the stats and feedback!!  Helps me a lot!   smile_o.gif

Also, about your second post...  I don't think I want to use any more addons as this mission already seems to require a lot to me.  

As far as making a ww2 version, that would probably be cool but I'd want to talk to you about some stuff.  Please IM me and we'll talk in detail.  smile_o.gif

@ ruff

Thanks for the feedback!  I'm glad you had fun.

That's good that the guy got shot, also cool that you like the gameplay on this mission!

Quote[/b] ]its the sort of sp mission ive been trying to create!!!!but u did

Thanks!  Don't give up though!  IMO, even if similar plots are used, if the mission designer has originality and skill, it'll be totally different gameplay anyways!

Quote[/b] ] loved running around the island and getting secret documents!!!! very cool

Thanks again, it's always cool to hear that people are having fun with my missions.  smile_o.gif

@ shrike

Thank you very much for the feedback!  About the random patrols, same as what I said to Munk:

Quote[/b] ]LoL, I thought about doing this actually.. But then I get people complaining about unfair placement of troops and the fact that it prevents you from using time acceleration.. I might just have to add a few random patrols anyway and tell those people too bad.  We'll see.    wink_o.gif

As far as making a coop version of this mission and my others, that's a cool idea.  I've had quite a few requests for such things and am thinking about getting more into MP stuff.  I think the biggest problem for me is that I have a 28.8 connection, so I never play MP and never learned how to make MP missions very well.  That should all change when I get cable access, hopefully soon!  smile_o.gif

@ everyone

Thanks again for the great feedback!  I'll have a look at a few things and post back here when I nail them down.

Asmo

Quote[/b] ]Well, you didn't follow orders and it really doesn't matter because if you run away

I did follow orders, I was told to wait for further orders which I decided to do it away from the body incase his killer was still around. I didn't 'run away', I decided not to get into a contact so early on in the mission because it would make my life a lot harder and risk the lives of my men. Technically, I crawled away anyway tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I might just have to add a few random patrols anyway and tell those people too bad.

Do it! Atleast add a cut off group in the fields around the original extraction point, I'd want to have all area's of escape covered if I had an island of soldiers and was planning an ambush wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have a feeling that'd push the release time back at least a month or two

Forget it then, I want to play the final version and get my WWII version before I leave for the army. wink_o.gif Maybe try re-wording the part with the code to make it shorter or break it up.

Quote[/b] ]I don't think I'll add one of the chase scripts in there because:

A. They aren't supposed to have communications

B. It's really hard to track someone in the dead of night

C. It would be unfair to the player.. How would this chasing party know exactly where you're going, no matter where you went?

There's a script somewhere that makes the enemy move to your last know position but without comms it makes sense to leave it out.

Quote[/b] ]As far as making a ww2 version, that would probably be cool but I'd want to talk to you about some stuff. Please IM me and we'll talk in detail.

Consider yourself PM'd wink_o.gif

Thanks again Munk!

And greetings everyone! I've got V1_9 here!

Changes/fixes:

-Patrols in the hills added

-Fixed Castle Wall so hostage should hopefully be able to get out easier

-Unlocked BMP's

-Changed beginning of the mission to make it more realistic (you can hear a UH-60 flying away in the background, it just dropped you off after all) wink_o.gif

-Added a hint before the cabin about using the *'s in the code

-Added more to the first hint (you only see it if you play in cadet mode) that explains the radio menu which has the music and savegame options.

-Removed the bit about the comm tower from the intro to avoid confusion

-Checked outro but couldn't find a reason that the script would cause any green screen

crazy_o.gif

-Updated readme and outro to include all new beta testers. (Thanks!)

That's it! Can anyone think of anything else? Or is this sucker stamped "Beta tested" ??

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

You can get it here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus213/TLL1_9.zip

Thanks again to everyone for the help, the mission wouldn't be as good without you! smile_o.gif

Asmo

Testing now...

Or not, computer decided to restart itself mad_o.gif

'Cannot load mission, missing addon 88' mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Thats the flak36 addon (does it come with I44?). Might have something to do with me running the I44 Demo right now  sad_o.gif

Here we go...

Intro

No problems here, although some gets a bit tigger happy with a masterkey tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Briefing

Looks good, could start the text on page 2 of the notes so page 3 doesn't look so empty (atleast there's something on it this time) but thats just a suggestion tounge_o.gif

Mission

Ok upto the safe part...

'Resource DlgECLSAFE not found' sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thats the flak36 addon (does it come with I44?). Might have something to do with me running the I44 Demo right now

Weird! I don't have any idea why you'd get that error other than some sort of conflict. I've certainly not used any sort of WWII addon in this mission. (it's in a separate mod folder that I haven't used for a long time)

Intro

lol, yeah, that's a side effect of having to give him so many dofire commands... sometimes there's some major overkill going on there! crazy_o.gif (guess it kinda goes with the brutality of the story though)

Briefing

Yeah, that's weird about page 3... When I checked it I don't have a page 3! wow_o.gif Is it using different fonts or something?? Are you playing using FDF??

Mission

That's very strange! I'll have to look into this but I certainly didn't change anything for the safes or their code. rock.gif

Thanks for the feedback Munk!

Asmo

Unfortunatly my computers to crap and the FDF mod doesn't work (which I found out after almost 24 hours of downloading fun)  sad_o.gif

I just used v1.94 with only the addons required turned on (using OFPAM). But that was after the WWII thing  rock.gif

I'll try again now

Briefing

The blank page is back!  crazy_o.gif

Mission

First safe worked like a charm in cadet mode, i'll test it in vet again  rock.gif

Got the same error at the second safe  sad_o.gif

So far I've tried reloading the game and trying to blow it open with satchels. Neither worked

Forget it then, I want to play the final version and get my WWII version before I leave for the army.  wink_o.gif Maybe try re-wording the part with the code to make it shorter or break it up.

i guess every1 hu plays flashpoint is leaving for the army

even i am trying out for the reserves

dam ofp!!!!!!!!

asmodeus

are u planning to the bas blackhawks on the non beta?

would be really good if u are

Lol, I just dont wonna spend my life stuck in some crappy office sat on my ass at a computer all day long, its only fun when your playing games tounge_o.gif

I dont think BAS Blackhawks are needed. He only put the Blackhawk in to make it more realistic, you never actually see it (just hear it). It would require another 22mb (I think) of pointless downloading (for weirdo's who dont already have it) rock.gif

@ Munk

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunatly my computers to crap and the FDF mod doesn't work (which I found out after almost 24 hours of downloading fun)

crazy_o.gif That really sucks! Well, at least you'll have it on file if/when you upgrade your comp!

That's really weird about the blank page. I double checked this last night and I don't have one... I don't see how this is possible, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

That's really strange about the safe problems you've been having too.. Last night I tested both safes in Vet mode and they worked perfectly fine. WTF is going on? I never used that "Twilight Zone" addon, I swear it! wow_o.gifrock.gif

Thanks again for testing it out... I'm definately perplexed as to what is happening with this mission and why you're getting these strange problems.

@ ruff

I was thinking about using the BAS Blackhawks, but they aren't an important enough part of the mission to warrant the extra addon requirement. (I know how it is, I'm on a 28.8 connection and the less addons required, usually the better) wink_o.gif

@ Munk

That's true that in the mission itself you don't see the Blackhawk, but in the intro you do! wink_o.gif

Thanks again everyone, I have no idea where these ghost errors and problems are coming from though... I certainly didn't change anything that should affect it like this. mad_o.gifghostface.gif

Asmo

true

its just for cut scenes to think of it

guess you guys are right

are there gonna b voices and all that on the non beta like chemical warfare?