Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Rf airborne troups released!

Some comments:

1. The new V1.2 file contains a README number V1.1. The README also does not seem to document what changes were made to V1.2.

2. Is the Dragunov really that big?

3. In the included mission, AI #2 was running around with his pistol in hand, unable to keep up with my running pace. Had to make him drop the pistol to take his rifle and get back to formation.

4. The player should have binocs in the mission. Took them off of a dead specop. biggrin_o.gif

5. The first and last objectives never checked green for me, even though I completed the mission successfully (blew up scud and got on boat and extracted).

6. When a rifle is on someone's back, it seems farther away from the back than OFP's standard weapon on back animation.

7.. There are some minor spelling/grammar errors in the mission's briefing and message texts.

8. Would love to have Russian voices for the dialog in the mission! smile_o.gif

9. As an established prude, I would like less profanity in the mission. And the talk on board the MI17 on the way in - well - I would like a SLAP IN THE FACE animation to deal with some of my team mates. biggrin_o.gif

10. Been said but I'll say it again - would love an optional JAM 2 support PBO for this addon.

These are really nice! I hope we'll see a lot of missions out there using these. I hope someone can help you fix the helmet in vehicle view problem.

Keep up the great work! Thanks!

edit:

11. In the mission, there are too many NATO snipers. Also, they should be more distant and stationary and have a lookout partner to direct their fire to Russians spotted. That would just make the mission a little nastier. biggrin_o.gif

wowww smile_o.gif

great job.

tnx for tradution and info ex-ronin and theavonlady smile_o.gif

Download is now! very nice!!

cya

Great Addon!!! biggrin_o.gif

For the next version I'd like to put forward som wishes. smile_o.gif

Weapons from LSR SF pack:

* VSS Vitorez

* GSh-18

* GSh-18SD

* AK-74 with PK-A sight

* AKS-74UB

Other weapons:

* RPK-74(M) with and without scope

* AK-74 w/ GP-25

* AK-74 with scope

Alternative headgear :

* helmet with camo cloth cover

* black balaklava / black wool cap (rolled up balaklava) as a "helmet" on/off alternative for that charachter. This could be an VDV Spetsnaz.

Now I'm of to try and make and edit some missions for this pack. smile_o.gif

As reported in the old thread, OFP always crashes when i take a rpg from the ammo crate on the meeting point in the mission sad_o.gif

Some criticism that is meant to be constructive and will hopefully be viewed as such:

1) The Vest looks a little blocky. Watch the soldier's arms as he performs motions. It appears that they are entirely seperate from the vest.

2) The Inquistors weapon package is somewhat annoying. The CS-ripped weapons do not look to scale at all. Firing sound for the AK-74 and AKS-74 are not as good as they could be, but good 'nough for all concerned, excepting the very irritating high-pitched "PING" sound at the end. I cannot vouch for the AKSU-74 firing sound, as I have only fired that rifle at an indoor range, and the echoes distorted my perception of the sound.

3) "Automatic Rifleman" carries a AKSU-74 rifle, with RPK-74 magazines sticking out of the pouches on the front of the vest. I recommend an RPK-74 be added to the arsenal.

4) Above the Telnyashka T-Shirt, there is enough of the soldiers torso showing that it appears to be white, which unfortunatly, doesn't work if you happen to get a Black Russian VDV, or an Arab one.

My recommendations for 1.5 or 2.0 release:

a) Drop the Inquistor weapons and make your own, or, alternativly, rescale them to appear more naturally sized in OFP.

b) Fix the utility vest and torso issue. While not nessacarily critical, it does make the Russians appear quite chunky.

c) Add OD Green helmet netting over the helmet, or a helmet cover.

d) Add an RPK-74 to the weapons selection list.

e) Resize the SVD Dragunov, and the SVD Dragunov with Night Optics to a much more reasonable size, or use the default one with a reskin, Or, make your own, alternatively.

f) Don't get incredibly pissed off for me presenting these facts and recommendations to you. Please... don't kill me. crazy_o.gif

Overall, a good set of units, very useful, and I love having recognizable unit armpatches from some very prominent Regiments. With the above 5 recommendations implemented, they'd easily be as good, if not better than, the 1.0 Ranger/Deltas by BAS.

On the JAM-2 compliance note:

I believe he mentioned that JAM-2 ammunition and firearms did not function well with their units. It is up to him to decide whether or not to implement it. JAM-2 is a useful system, and does have a place in the OFP:R community, but it MUST be recognized that JAM-2 is NOT an essential to a good addon.

-AK

On the JAM-2 compliance note:

I believe he mentioned that JAM-2 ammunition and firearms did not function well with their units. It is up to him to decide whether or not to implement it. JAM-2 is a useful system, and does have a place in the OFP:R community, but it MUST be recognized that JAM-2 is NOT an essential to a good addon.

My suggestion was to do something similar to the external PBO that was recently produced to allow for a JAM compliant version of Laser's previous excellent Russian troop addons.

That way, a mission maker could chose to use JAM or not.

Among other things, what's important about JAM is that it guarantees that any given type of ammo is of the same characteristic for all addons using it, just as it would be in real life.

Quote[/b] ]My suggestion was to do something similar to the external PBO that was recently produced to allow for a JAM compliant version of Laser's previous excellent Russian troop addons.

That way, a mission maker could chose to use JAM or not.

Among other things, what's important about JAM is that it guarantees that any given type of ammo is of the same characteristic for all addons using it, just as it would be in real life.

Ahhh. Sorry, missed that. Just saw JAM-2, and, because of the small skirmish that occured in the last thread, I assumed it was another presumptious demand for JAM. Forgive the mistake, please.

AK

AKM wrote

Quote[/b] ]4) Above the Telnyashka T-Shirt, there is enough of the soldiers torso showing that it appears to be white, which unfortunatly, doesn't work if you happen to get a Black Russian VDV, or an Arab one.

I have never seen a Russian spawn ingame with a black face, or an arab one for that matter (in random). But if you as a player have chosen a black / arab face this can be a problem.

AKM wrote

Quote[/b] ]a) Drop the Inquistor weapons and make your own, or, alternativly, rescale them to appear more naturally sized in OFP.

But I fully agree with you on this point, the Inquisitor weapons (whilst good looking) Are a bit too chunky. Laser had awesome weapons in his first SF pack. Wich would be preferred.

AKM wrote

Quote[/b] ]another presumptious demand for JAM

Where did you see demands? I have only seen folk asking nicely for a possibility to use JAM/JAM-2  smile_o.gif

A very nice addon, I am having lots of fun with it and the AN-124 by Konyak. Despite some minor bugs with the weapons I am fully content with this addon a very nice job!

Right here. *Raises hand*

Forgot to add that. Well, with any luck, these suggestions will hopefully NOT be ignored and, will be implemented. That'd be awesome.

Laser, your GRU Spetsnaz were amazing! Those INQ weapons should be dropped in favour of the AK-104 in that pack, or the AK-74M. I can't remember. Perhaps revamp sounds and that. Great addon, and I'm enjoying these VDV immensly, but those changes would make it better, much more improved, with massive possibilities. Great work.

AK

Come on? guys, I haven't slept for 51 hour to release them.

First, get off this /ckin' jam magazines. I like the way it is...

There will be no version 1.5 or 2.0.

Second, you wanna something better - make it on your own.

SO)))))

BUT I have a lot of fun)))

TELNYASHKA T-SHIRT)))))

Also russian army has Kirzachi boots and Portyanka Socks.

Thank to you all for comments...))) RPG7 bug is not fatal methought)))

Great work LSR!

My only criticism is about the rpg...is anyone else having a big white square in the optics?

Yep, really great units!

I can't understand people just whining and wanting this and that. Like Denorc said, make it yourself then. Please give some credit to people who do a lot for you to have good quality unique units.

Did you ever work for Novalogic? sad_o.gif

Regarding their water addon i´d say YES ... but i think you mean his opinion about updates   tounge_o.gif

Good work anyways Denorc smile_o.gif

.. didn´t try the addon yet but the quality of the SVD beta spoke for itself.

The RPG rectile is just a white square. Great work otherwise!! biggrin_o.gif

As to the "make it yourselves" note:

I'm pretty sure you Binarized the p3d files, and I havn't checked yet. Its a damned good addon, but some things could definatly be improved. Great for some ideas I've had for a long time.

Thanks for the proper armpatches too. The 79th Guards Infantry Regiment could probably kick the crap out of the 1st Infantry "Big Red One".... Back in the day... that is to say: WW2. Nice to play as some good-quality Russians.

Yeah, we're all ungrateful little punks, I know.... Sorry for the constructive criticsm. Next time I'll keep it to myself.

AK

Ugh... "do it yourself" the worst comment ever. If you don't care about community input why make it public in the first place? I respect your work and I love your work too! It is just that many things are rather simplistic to change but would give the addon more flavour and it would be more fun to play.

I certainly do not want to come off as a "whiner" saying this. Because I think the critisism given to you in this thread has been very constructive and actually very subtle. Not like with certain other addons where everything seems to be wrong.

Yet again lovely work ORCS and Laser, I appriciate your time and your effort smile_o.gif

P.S Whining, bitching. If so send me a PM and I'll remove this post. And it would be lovely if any moderator reading this and thinking "Wow this guy needs a PR" would send me a PM if I need to remove this. As I am not sure if this is edging on some rule violation or if it is going too off-topic/rant-ish. D.S

Thanks for the proper armpatches too. The 79th Guards Infantry Regiment could probably kick the crap out of the 1st Infantry "Big Red One".... Back in the day... that is to say: WW2. Nice to play as some good-quality Russians.

You comparing a regiment to a division there

It seems that the ability to speak freely here is being curtailed... I can see where it would be offensive, but a warning PM would be nice. Not even 3 strikes, but a: "If you go a inch further you're out buddy" kinda thing.

*Quiets as large man in a suit with pistol in hand approaches*

Uhhh.....

*dives out window*

AK

It seems that the ability to speak freely here is being curtailed... I can see where it would be offensive, but a warning PM would be nice. Not even 3 strikes, but a: "If you go a inch further you're out buddy" kinda thing.

*Quiets as large man in a suit with pistol in hand approaches*

Uhhh.....

*dives out window*

AK

Someone needs to stop abusing their cocaine stockpile.