Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Coc unified artillery 1.0 released

Maybe u r right bn880 - it would be funny thread wilth a lot of math and history smile_o.gif

I have just checked www page posted by mads bahrt.

Conclusion is - there r TWO kind of mils - "US" one and "russian" one, so we BOTH r right ;)

ok....I'm almost done making my C1 and C3 howitzers and am wondering what the ETA of the plug in tuit is going to be?

If I understand it correctly DKM has stopped working with their BM-21. Maybe you could implement it in UA as they had model and textures for it as far as I know.

You would only have to script it.

How is the Tutorial going?

I want to test some conversions by my self.

About DKM stopping thier work on the BM-21 will be related to RHS working on it maybe?

addon makers should drop me an email and we'll set you up.

Have you guys though about making a tactical nuclear artillery round? I was just curious since the CoC Shkval nuclear torpedo knocked my socks off. I would like to see that explosion implemented into to Unified Artillery as well as perhaps some bomb variants.

repost from the news section of forums.thechainofcommand.net:

Quote[/b] ]

For those who have been seeing and hearing strange things coming from our neck of the woods, to quell some rumors:

A. We are doing a simple dialog control system for WGL mortars. This is not UA, but it uses some UA techniques. This control system is designed for the level below UA. that is, UA controls assets at the section/platoon/battery level. The mortar system here is for individual direct control of a firing unit. The dialog you may have seen posted somewhere is not the new UA dialog.

B. Yes, we are working on a version 1.1 of the Chain of Command. Currently I can tell you it will feature:

1) New munitions types and new fuzing systems. Right now I have working: HE (PD/TIME/VT), WP (TIME/VT), ICM, DPICM, SMOKE, and denoir's nuke script. Oh yeah, hopefully we'll get illum in there too.

2) Revamped ammo system for the firing units.

3) A transaction-based dialog control system (coc Forward Entry Device). This will fit on top of the current UA system, and will require a description.ext entry (sorry). The dialog system will have all kinds of cool stuff in it, such as prioritizing fire missions, stacking missions for an asset, ToT missions, and crap like that. It will incorporate bn880's CoC_NetworkServices as its primary transport. Missionmakers using the dialog will therefore have access to all the cool stuff in CoC_NS, such as client lists, peer-to-peer comms, publicfunctions, and so on.

4) bug fixes

5) That cruise missile system.

6) Some other cool stuff.

It is not CoC policy to announce release dates, and I'll add that I'm talking about a whole mess of code, so there's plenty of testing and debugging to go around.

C. We are working with other mod teams to bring out many UA-compatible assets and additional features. Probably this week, I'll get the collaborators' board open, and we'll begin working in earnest with them. Modmakers will not be required to wait for 1.1 to release their toys: addons built to 1.1 specs will work with 1.0. If you are on a mod team that is working on incorporating UA into their stuff, or is looking into the possibility of doing so, please contact me.

Someone already made a working scud add-on. It was actually pretty good including a nose camera view so you got to see the poor bastards before they got vaporized. The only real flaw to it was that an intact scud body was left on the ground after impact.

Someone already made a working scud add-on. It was actually pretty good including a nose camera view so you got to see the poor bastards before they got vaporized. The only real flaw to it was that an intact scud body was left on the ground after impact.

what was this addon called and where can i get?

thanks

what was this addon called and where can i get?

thanks

i remember an old mission where you could exactly do this, yuo can get it here.

about that tutorial: i am not an addon maker ... is it easy enough to do the changes, like adding a few lines into config.cpp ?

i´d like to edit that BM-21 addon coz it would be perfect for the russians smile_o.gif

adapting an addon to UA is not a terribly difficult task. You just need to make some config.cpp changes, have a decent knowledge of scripting, and a working understanding of how a dynamically linked library works.

Hehe, infinite ability to bash code together until something works can be a plus too, smile_o.gif

<guess which category I fit in?>

Hehe, infinite ability to bash code together until something works can be a plus too, smile_o.gif

<guess which category I fit in?>

Is that what a DLL does? tounge_o.gif

You're in the "don't you know WTF I mean you stupid computer" category? biggrin_o.gif

yeah, setting something up to work with UA is simple.

If you've ever drawn a loaded firearm on your PC over an OFP scripting issue, chances are, you'll be able to make the addon work with UA.

Just reading through some of the replies.... we at UKF would like to stress that the MLRS has beta textures only... Because CoC wanted to release and use the UA when they did, beta textures were made so the addon could at least be included and look in place during cutscenes and the like...

rest assured the unit will be updated with new textures

<snort> Hell, I've thrown down on my PC over email smile_o.gif

I just got COC finally, and I got a problem. It works some of the time but some missions it simply will not. I get this Obhum missing error.

Now I read some one else had that problem on the first page of this thread. It said something about having to many addons. Is there a solution to this problem short of dumping some of my mod folders?

The -nomap extension. There is also an object you have to add onto the map, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is...

The -nomap extension. There is also an object you have to add onto the map, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is...

The COC Obelisk.

Any news in this neck of the woods? I really enjoy UA. Whats happening with UA v1.1?