Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Coc unified artillery 1.0 released

Wow... really freaking great. Adds so much to the gameplay and its easy to use... not to mention the low low price of free  tounge_o.gif . Really great work CoC team.

I've been playing around with it for a couple hours and i did notice a couple things....

When you call for fire  (have them aim) they automaticly fire a marker round without your request. It would be nice if they needed your request that way i can have them aim/zero in at a certain spot just waiting to fire without the enemy knowing. The marker gives it away and if i use the effect mission type they take too long to aim (arnt ready to fire right away).

I also noticed that after you call in a fire mission and they've fired their salvos they will return to their original formation and need to set up (aim) again if you choose repeat. It would really speed things up if they stayed aimed at the last target ( the same way they wait to fire when firing a marker round ) that way repeating the same fire mission will be a lot faster.

Oh and the Paladin leader tends to move around and will fire in a couple random direction.. this was already mentioned.

Again great work guys.

it is quite annoying that the logo and website appare in the middle of screen when the system enabled, if you are trying to tell every body that the system is ready and free to use why dont just show a message?(i know, the copy right stuff, but it just a little too hard sale.........)

When you're not in "easy mode" (and UAintro and UA01 are in easy mode), submenus are enabled. For the units in Battle Kings, the standard submenu is "Fire Options".  There, you specify an "In Adjust" mission (=marker rounds) via "Mission Type", and "At My Command" (instead of "Fire When Ready") via "Method of Control".  If you set Method of Control to "AMC", no rounds will be fired until you request it, marker or no.

Incidentally, the M109s take the longest time to get ready to fire, since the OFP default formation is different from what the M109s need (line, facing the target area).  Once you call for fire, they set up to fire. Once they're ready, regardless of whether they fire or not, they will be in "Firing Position", and the next Call For Fire will be really fast (35 seconds).

oh and 4 in 1: check the mission editing documentation for how to suppress the "splash screen".

Ok I hope this is tha last edit. The "missing CoC_ObHum sound" problem appears when you have CoC_Arty.pbo in operation flashpoint/Addons folder and "gaz24mx.pbo" (from the 1.5 beta release of the GAZ 24 car) in a mod or res/addons folder.

If you put both pbo's in the same addons folder you don't get the problem.

Both are in the same folder for me, but I get the error. I also get the error when I remove that GAZ addon completely.

Ouch. And if CoC_arty is in the Res/Addons folder, and the Gaz in the /Addons?

Incidentally, I viewed the cpp, and there's no reason why it should be happening.

Dinger

[/ugh]

I moved CoC_Artillery.pbo to Res/Addons and completely removed the GAZ addon, but still no luck.

I also deleted about 50mb worth of addons from both addon folders, but nothing.

I'm running an AMD K7 @ 900mhz, 384mb SDRAM, 64mb Radeon 7500, OFP 1.94 and DX9.

well, dang. I'm mystified. If I could ask you a favor, it would be to rename your addons folder to something else (like addons2), then extract CoC_Arty again (making a new addons folder with one addon), and testing it that way. That would give us a range of addons.

This is frustrating. In case you were wondering, I did test the gaz24, and confirmed both non-functionality, and the fact it works when CoC_arty is in Res/Addons. I thought we were out of the woods.

And in that case, I checked the cpp of the gaz addon, and like CoC, everything was tagged (though with MX_, it shouldn't matter) and properly associated. I just don't know. I'll need to do some reversion testing on my side as well, and see if it's something that snuck in, in the latest builds. I still think it's something caused by outside addons smile_o.gif. I"m an optimist.

This is by far I think the most ambitious addon made yet.  

However, one thing that could use some improving (which I should have mentioned as a beta-tester) is that there should be more template user missions showing how to do the following:  

1.  How to get the AI to target you and your men.

and

2.  How to command the artillery using the BAS, OFPR, SEB NAM, ect... radio men.  

I've been pouring through the CoC read-me files and I figured out #1 but I haven't figured out how to get the radio guys (other then the CoC forward observer) to use the fire control system.   I know there is the little hand held CoC radio that can be added, but is there a way to script it so that a soldier is carrying that radio?  A mission template showing something like that would be very useful so that way any soldier can be used as a forward observer or perhaps as a FAC in a light aircraft like the DKM OV-10 Bronco or the OH-58 Kiowa Scout helicopter.  

Anyhoo...   the amount of work that has gone into this addon is just incredible and it truly is a dream come true for alot of us ex-military guys who know how important artillery is in battle.  So at last this part of warfare is now being simulated very nicely in OFP.  

Keep up the incredible work!   CoC rocks!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

well, dang. I'm mystified.  If I could ask you a favor, it would be to rename your addons folder to something else (like addons2), then extract CoC_Arty again (making a new addons folder with one addon), and testing it that way. That would give us a range of addons.

This is frustrating.  In case you were wondering, I did test the gaz24, and confirmed both non-functionality, and the fact it works when CoC_arty is in Res/Addons.  I thought we were out of the woods.

And in that case, I checked the cpp of the gaz addon, and like CoC, everything was tagged (though with MX_, it shouldn't matter) and properly associated.  I just don't know. I'll need to do some reversion testing on my side as well, and see if it's something that snuck in, in the latest builds.  I still think it's something caused by outside addons smile_o.gif. I"m an optimist.

Tried it. Same problem. sad_o.gif

2.  How to command the artillery using the BAS, OFPR, SEB NAM, ect... radio men.  

It's in the quick start guide wink_o.gif

Add the UA game logic called "Enable Radio Weapons"

From the quick start:

Quote[/b] ]

When UA initializes (a few seconds to a minute or so after mission start), players will be able to pick up and use the radios.

B. Alternatively, place a "Forward Observer" unit from the CoC Unified Artillery class, and make it playable.

C. Or place in the init field of the player:

[this] exec "\CoC_Arty\scripts\RadioAction.sqs"

D. If you plan to enable UA control for players equipped with BAS, SEB, OFrP or SFP radios, place the object

Side: Game Logic

Class: CoC Unified Artillery

Unit: Enable Radio Weapons

Is there any plans to include some templates that are more of a "copy/paste" nature? The editor template was just some markers and that obelisk.

-edit-

Bah, nevermind. There's like two lousy steps you've got to take after opening up the template for it to work. Personally I'm amazed that integration of that simplicity is even possible with ofp. Good job guys.

Can you guys change it so that if artillery is in your squad, you can still use them?

I want to incorporate it with RTS3, so when you make the arty, you can use it CoC style, but it won't work right.

Also, when I added ones none grouped to me, it worked, then I died/respawned and I didn't get a radio command.. I'd like that to get incorporated too..Unless when I spawned something happend...

Anyways, CoC_UA RULES! WOO! THANKS!

I agree with mrzig, although I wouldn't expect something like that anytime soon. It already looks like a ton of work's been put into it already. Still it really would be nice. However so would probably a thousand other features. So I guess it's all about priority.

Great work CoC, I have been looking forward to seeing its release for ages.

RED

This is the BEST F***ING (sorry for the language) ADDON/SCRIPTS EVER MADE! U Guys rock!

well, dang. I'm mystified. If I could ask you a favor, it would be to rename your addons folder to something else (like addons2), then extract CoC_Arty again (making a new addons folder with one addon), and testing it that way. That would give us a range of addons.

This is frustrating. In case you were wondering, I did test the gaz24, and confirmed both non-functionality, and the fact it works when CoC_arty is in Res/Addons. I thought we were out of the woods.

And in that case, I checked the cpp of the gaz addon, and like CoC, everything was tagged (though with MX_, it shouldn't matter) and properly associated. I just don't know. I'll need to do some reversion testing on my side as well, and see if it's something that snuck in, in the latest builds. I still think it's something caused by outside addons smile_o.gif. I"m an optimist.

Tried it. Same problem. sad_o.gif

Oh dear. Again this problem.

Since we (Dinger and Me) couldn't find any reason why gaz24mx.pbo is causing the problem it is perfectly possible that there are other Addons with the same problem.

I suggest to try this:

Move all your third party addons from ofp/res/addons folder to ofp/addons folder. If you still get the error. Well here starts the hard work. Then you should copy all your third party addons to a backup folder (you can leave the mod folders but just don't activate them on start of OFP) and check. If it still happens I have no idea at this point what it could be. If it doesn't happen start moving the third party addons back. best thing is to start moving addons back with the same tag to prevent error messages. After you moved for example all BAS tagged addons back run ofp and check if iyou get the error. if not move some other addons in. as soon as you get the error move the addons you moved in last time out again and then start putting them in one by one again and try to isolate the .pbo that causes problems.

Whats this missing sound bug about ?

I wonder because i have the gaz24mx.pbo too and get no error messages at all ( none that had not been there before coc_ua install tounge_o.gif ).

gaz24mx.pbo is in my res/addons folder and coc addons (torpedos, diver, arty) have got a modfolder.

btw:Great work CoC smile_o.gif All the time of waiting for this addon was really worth it smile_o.gif

Ya know the scary sounds thru tha air, when indirect

fire is on it's way  wink_o.gif

We do know  wink_o.gif   And they were there, unfortunately with the sound engine of OFP people could hear them from 10-15Km away.  Sorry, that just won't cut it, so we have turned the volume of the flying shells down.  They are still there.  smile_o.gif

Idea,

make incoming shell sound local only.

Camcreate a logic. Attach logic to shell via setpos loop with ~0.1 pause in loop.

When Shell is

A: travelling towards player (use dirtoob.sqf)

and

B: Within certain distance of player

then have logic say "incoming.wss"

untill isnull "shell"

or

distance "shell to player has become large again --IE: it has passed overhead and continued on its way.

This will 1: Allow the incoming sound to increased to as loud as u like. No one else will hear it on the other side of the island.

2: Will be heard at appropriate time according to each individual player.

3: If this or similar method is used then u can apply a different incoming sound for each individual shell--thus varying them slightly for added realism (I dont know your current sound system as I havent downloaded it yet, just thinking out loud). "soundfly" for fired objects in the config.bin can only have one sound, to my knowledge.

WELL DONE GUYS--been waiting for this for ages gonna download it now.  smile_o.gif

Zay

Whats this missing sound bug about ?

I wonder because i have the gaz24mx.pbo too and get no error messages at all ( none that had not been there before coc_ua install tounge_o.gif ).

gaz24mx.pbo is in my res/addons folder and coc addons (torpedos, diver, arty) have got a modfolder.

btw:Great work CoC smile_o.gif All the time of waiting for this addon was really worth it smile_o.gif

Yup Mr. Burns. Mod and Res/Addons folders are equal for Ofp. So it's as if they were in the same folder. If you want try moving CoC_Arty.pbo to ofp/addons and you should get the error.

Hi Hellfish6

Try placing all your unoficial addons in mod folders

1) One for BAS, one WWII, One For DKM, One For NAM, One for RUS, one for CoC, one for Objects and another for Miscelanious. I use this method.

2) NOW See if OFP will run with Just the CoC via a shortcut

* if it dont work its down to us a serious bug and we need to fix it

* if that works then try adding each folder inturn to the shortcut.

3) Once you have established the problem folder divide it into two folders (test 1 and test2) reiterate this process with the folder that is causing problems till your down to one addon.

* let us know the name of the conflicting addon we can then get together with the addon maker and resolve it

4) Beware as has been stated there may be more than one conflicting addon.

This a standard by hand bug finding process for objects used in software engineering

Kind Regards Ian

theres nio texturees inside the actual mlrs

there no interior

is it meant to be like this?

theres nio texturees inside the actual mlrs

there no interior

is it meant to be like this?

Yes. It's not really meant to be used directly by the player.