Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Animation request!!

There was an automatic rocketlauncher that the US used to use back in the late 70s early 80s. It had a 4 round clip and you could fire continously or all 4 at the same time... not sure if it would techincally qualify as an automatic tho.

M202A1 66-mm Multishot Rocket Launcher (FLASH)

-Clip of 4 Incendiary rockets and can be reloaded

Back to topic i think the prone position law would be a good idea you shouldnt be forced to use it tho you should have hte option of kneeling, standing or prone.

You'd probably have to put it on a mount though and a law is a little.....arrgh.......well, just not made for that.....AT-4 is and Gustavs are possibly......if you put them on a mount and look sideways or lye down and and point the launch with end facing to your right

the Heavy AT (Erix) from Frenchpoint Mod does change to your assault gun automaticly after u shoot, thats one nifty feature they got there wink_o.gif

If you fire it from the prone position, you must remember that the tube is heavy and with the cket iside it's een heavier. You would barely even have any room to aim up and down, only left and right, and if you shoot it the drop of the missle might amke it explode where you dont want it to explode

You also have to keep in mind that the launcher will change the place where it has the largest ammount of weight when you launch the rocket. That often makes the projectile "dip" and probably miss the intended target.

And the projectile exploding where you don't want it to explode is not such a huge problem with the AT4(m86) is not a huge problem. Since the projectile doesn't "uncock" itself until it is ca. 30 meters from the launcher.

Also standing whilst firing isn't impossible, if the terrain allows it that is. I.E a large to mid size rock. In fact I hear firing from a standing position with support is the "best" way to fire your AT4.

Another stance common to atleast the Swedish defence forces is the "robotställning"

And you have to keep in mind that AT weapons of this sort are meant to be ambush weapons, where you are at a relatively safe distance and out of the IFV's sights. It takes ca. two or three hits to fully take out a MT-LB or a BMP so it is best to be concealed and at a very safe distance.

EDIT: Aiming up/down is very possible, atleast with an AT4 but it takes alot of time to get it right. It is not the same as aiming with the GRG/M48 Carlgustav.

EDIT2: Also the M48 Carlgustav can be fitted with a bipod to help when firing in the prone / standing up position. But I don't think that firing when lying down is very common unless you want to remain hidden. But your plan to remain in hiding would be spoiled by the forest fire you would cause tounge_o.gif And the safety distance of the M48 in peacetime is a whooping 70 metres. And in conflict fifteen metres.

ok well i made an Lying LAW anim but yes i know the weapon in the pic isn't an LAW i forgot about that but about 30secs later the game crashed and i can't get it working again.

Oh and this is only about hmmm 2% done so please don't judge as an Final or that stuff

LAW 1

LAW 2

Oh and this is only about hmmm 2% done so please don't judge as an Final or that stuff

LAW 1

LAW 2

Are you kidding me? LOL

For 2% done, that's pretty nice looking, IMO

Hope you finish and release it smile_o.gif

ok well i made an Lying LAW anim but yes i know the weapon in the pic isn't an LAW i forgot about that but about 30secs later the game crashed and i can't get it working again.

LAW 1

LAW 2

no not that way the body would have to be almost laying, forming a T whit the AT4. cause that way he would get his feet blown off crazy_o.gif

If enybody can explain this better please do so

STGN

If you fire it from the prone position, you must remember that the tube is heavy and with the cket iside it's een heavier. You would barely even have any room to aim up and down, only left and right, and if you shoot it the drop of the missle might amke it explode where you dont want it to explode

It's probably almost only used when you're on a ridge, and also the rocket increases height the first part of the flight, and then loses height -- so you won't hit anything close to you. Especially with the x meter minimum before rocket arming.

And what's that weight argument got to do with this..? It's surely easier to handle the launcher while you're lying down rather than standing on your knees.

So...

A person who is trained in the military would never lay down and fire an AT/AA weapon.

...yea, he would.

no not that way the body would have to be almost laying, forming a T whit the AT4. cause that way he would get his feet blown off crazy_o.gif

If enybody can explain this better please do so

STGN

You turn your body 90ish degrees away from the launcher & look to the left to aim straight.

If I wasn't too lazy I'd take a webcam shot of a picture in a field manual I have in my bedroom and post it.. sleepy.gif

Quote[/b] ]ok well i made an Lying LAW anim but yes i know the weapon in the pic isn't an LAW i forgot about that but about 30secs later the game crashed and i can't get it working again.

LAW 1

LAW 2

Please finish it man! I want that so bad.. So bad!! biggrin_o.gif

You turn your body 90ish degrees away from the launcher & look to the left to aim straight.

Was going to correct myself now and say it's actually closer to 45 degrees rather than 90, but I see raven posted a perfect picture showing that.

Is it possible to change the way it looks when civilians have guns "on their back"? It looks so ugly when you just have a handgun....