Sign in to follow this  
Hilandor

Scotland v usa world cup rugby about to kick off

Good morning America Scotland are about to give you a lesson in how to play rugby, do not feel dissapointed when we take the points from you but we are a great nation, instead bow down and pay hommage to a great team biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifunclesam.gif

The only reason you'll win is because the US players will be distracted by your team's plaid kilt uniforms, thinking they are the chearleaders. biggrin_o.gif

The only reason you'll win is because the US players will be distracted by your team's plaid kilt uniforms, thinking they are the chearleaders. biggrin_o.gif

You got drilled. tounge_o.gif

I've never asked this, but is there a country that plays rugby as like it's national sport that absolutly everyone, or at least the majority of the country follows. It's not the case in the land of oz.

Don't get me wrong, I love sport, but rugby is a sport thats mainly played in the northern part of Australia, wheras Australian Rules Football is played mainly in the southern part of Australia, where I live. To be honest, not even my national pride gives me the feelings to get up and cheer if ever we one a world cup. And not even my colonial feelings towards england get fired up, even if our rubgby side played theres.

It's kinda frustrating, considering that in any other team sport where there's a match up between England and Australia (even for something as obscure down here as curling!) is usually enough to make me bounce around in a Lleyton Hewitt style, C'mon! (Note, I really hate Hewitt. But I'm using his enthusiasm as an example of how mine usually is when it comes down to England vs Australia.)

Does anyone else know what I'm feeling right now? rock.gif

lmao  we will win because we are the greatest rugby nation on the planet  tounge_o.gif   we have had 500 years of containing those south of the border for practise  biggrin_o.gif

score update   scotland 17    usa 6

sorry usa we will try keep it under 100  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Scotland has a reasonable following in rugby well international probably cos were crap at football we also have a huge following for the haggis hurling championships this is even bigger in scotland than ping pong is biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

were kicking youre ass:D. mabe you would play better if you didnt play american football with those sissy pads tounge_o.gif

Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa. Four best teams....and have been for a long time. Can see this being closed veeery soon.....

yep they always close goos threads whats the score now cause im at uni and theres no tv in the lab sad_o.gif

...probably cos were crap at football...

Do the Scots still have Berti Voigts as coach for their national team rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

yep only cause theres no scots man mad enough to take on such an impossible task, as were well fucked cause weve got to play holland to getin to european championships crazy_o.gif were so going to get slaughtered

sad_o.gif

39 -15 Scotland rocked we kicked ass bring on the all blacks now biggrin_o.gif

yes scotland still has old berti as manager for football team i love football and hated what he was doing when he started but he introduced a young squad got the big defeats out the way and we are now in play offs cant knock the man for that

oh and holland will be a walkover gulp sad_o.gif

As fascinating a sport as Rugby is (not) as a topic of discussion it's too OT for OT.

As punishment I should make Hil a mod again wink_o.gif

Closing smile_o.gif