Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 1.0 build and conquer is out

The problem is that you probably have the 2s19.pbo, Mi26 and M109 in your addons. You need to get the latest BCModern zip file because there were some issues with those addons that you mentioned and I replaced/removed some of them

I'm having the same problem, and I've added the latest patch. I play with a couple of other guys who are having the same problem. We just install the Bootcamp Modern Addons adn the patch?

This is how my shortcut looks. I can't get any of the rts maps to work except the vietnam ones.

mod=res;hisky;vietnam;@Auxilary;@BCModern;@Islands;@Marpat;@RTS3Core

Looks like RTS gets it's own little spot in a page about OFP mods in PC Zone, comin March.

Nice one smile_o.gif

(OpFlashpoint.org/News)

Yeah, I'm still working on updating RTS3, waiting for the Marine choppers before I'm done. Basically it's gonna be a Marine conversion for the west side, undecided for the east.

@Angry Spider:

Are you playing on a dedicated server, or is someone hosting? Can you tell me what exactly is happening? Is someone unable to connect, or is the mission not loading?

I'll be releasing RTS3 1.4 sometime soon. It's undergoing testing on my server and so far things are looking good. We played some 12vs12's and while it lagged a bit (depending on the # of AI running around) overall there were no major issues.

Someone is hosting the server. Whenever they (using their own machine) or I try to start a game while logged in as admin to the server, we get the same problem that a user posted recently: "When I try to start one of the RTS missions OFP give me the error messages that the addons: 2s19_msta, M109, Mi26; mi26halo can not loaded".

But it's not the server because even if I try to start a game myself, I get the same error.

What version of RTS are you trying to play, and how up to date are you on the addon packs released on my OFP autoaddon server?

In the newer versions of RTS, I removed the mi26, M109, and mi26HALO. The 2s19 has been updated and the class name was changed by the author to msta_2s19 from 2s19_msta, so if you have the most recent version of that, then you won't be able to play older versions of RTS3.

The new addon packs also have the SWI_M109 in them.

I'll try to have RTS3 1.4 out soon. I'm just tweaking a couple of things, but it is being played on my server often. I really should have released 1.3 but I got bogged down with other stuff. I've made several major changes since 1.0, and the addon packs for WWII and the Modern have changed significantly, so trying to play an older RTS3 version with the newer addon packs won't work.

Couldn't get RTS3 to work with just the core as a mod and vanilla RTS3 map.

I even downloaded all the addons and vanilla still wants to use an addon called 88.pbo.

I recommend you release all the files and a .bat that creates the correct folders, et cetra for the mod next time you make a release that you know will work as a standalone mod.

Indeed, the 88.pbo addon is included in regular, no addons, core RTS3.

To fix this error, simply unpbo the mission and edit the mission.sqs.

All is fixed, execpt you get some sort of error when somebody first takes a town about "stt_lkk" but it doesn't appear the effect the game.

Happy hunting.

Yep, sorry about that. I don't know how that pesky 88 wormed its way into that mission.sqm.

The stt_klr is a dependency bug. It's supposed to have a dependency for bis_resistance in it. I've got a fixed version, and all of the fixed addons will be available once I get the newest version released.

Alright, good stuff so far, I just have to kink out some mission errors myself.

I've recently tried the WWII varation on your mission and it said it was missing too addons (I was using @RTS3Core;@BCWWII;@Islands;@Auxilary)

something about MP_yuppie and stunka, I removed them both but when I play I get config.bin errors, I can play but uh, mostly everything is invisible (player model, truck) guns are visible though.

Does WWII Skye require Suchey's marines or anything? Didn't read anything about them in the readmes... Heh. More debugging! Fun!

Seriously though, good mission. Rarely will you find a mission where the AI acts upon his own like that intelligently.. but he cheats (extra money, etc) hoping WWII he'll stop using aircraft and they'll be more tank battles.

I'm not familiar with those missing addons you mention.. Could you get the exact names?

It could be that you're playing an older version of RTS3 with the newest WWII addons, which have some changes.

I've been waiting on one of my WWII guys to get me two fixed addons that had mass problems. As soon as he sends em to me then I'll be releasing the latest version of RTS3, which is looking to be 1.4.

There have been a lot of changes to gameplay and the economy, so it'll be a new gameplay experience in some ways I think.

Hi there!

I'm now downloading addons for your RTS and i wonder if it going to make some problems if some of those addons are alredy in my res\addons folder (don't know if i have older versions of them or same as you)

I want to place your addons in the @mod directory.

Do You think that i should delete duplicate addons from my res\addons folder first? rock.gif

Thakns for any advice.

Unzip them to the mod folders that are in the zip files, then clean up your Res\Addons folder of any duplicates.

Any chance of an end-user Kolgujev lite conversion? I was thinking of giving the addons version a go until I found out it requires the 96 megabyte bootcamp addon pack, which is just... a bit too much for me... I think.  crazy_o.gif

I dunno. Is there any documentation on how to set up RTS on a map of your own preference or is it pretty tricky to set up? I might try to do it myself.

Actually, making an rts mission on a different island is pretty easy, all you have to do is select the island, merge over the mission, move the towns (and rename the town markers) and move the spawn points which i think consist of markers and "tents" placed together all over the map, move the resctricted spawn zone on a faraway island, and once that looks good, look in your mission folder at the TW2-INIT.sqs file and open it, and all you must change is<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Area1 = "Fort Gehring"

Area2 = "The Airport"

Area3 = "Goisse"

Area4 = "Larche"

Area5 = "St. Louis"

Area6 = "La Pessagne"

Area7 = "Arudy"

Area8 = "La Trinite"

Area9 = "Houdan"

Area10 = "La Riviere"

Area11 = "Chapoi"

Area12 = "LePort"

in that Part, change the names of these to the correct town or area the flag is at.. Area1 is the T1 flag/triggers, Area2 is the T2 flag/triggers.. and so on.

Once all that is set, you can export it and play, simple as that   blues.gif

edit: Oh yes, try and continue discussion in the RTS 1.4 thread and just let this one sink to the bottom the dark sea of OFP threads...

Ok, im a noob to RTS, been playing CTI for ages and just thought i would try this. My problem is with the install. I got the core files (made the folder it told me to do and edited a shortcut). then i got the addon pack and it tells me to make another folder and edit another shortcut. So what do i do?

1)Make two diffrent folders in ofp directroy?

2)put addons in core file addons folder?

3) Put core files addons folder?

its so confusing

biggrin_o.gif

Hey Karr, whats the Traffic Limit on yur site?

Any news on anything at all?

Ive downloaded all the required things for the modern version, BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL OF THEM?

You can put them all in your addons folder or make one modfolder and put them all there or put them where they would go by default. It's really up to you. They work like any other does too.

If you have the addons in place you still need the rts3 missions. Start the game, select a rts3 mission and you are ready to go.

BTW: i had some problems on our server. It wouldn't start rts missions when i started the server with -mod=gdt;rts3 but it worked with -mod=rts3;gdt. I guess there are still some dependency errors in there sad_o.gif

Hey guys,

I am having some problems getting rts3 setup. I know that this has been covered, but maybe people have resolved some dependencies that could help other people.

I used OFP Watch to connect to KaRRiLLioN's BootCamp and downloaded everything (yea, it took a while). It setup many folders in my OperationFlashpoint directory including @RTS3Core, @Islands, @BCModern, etc.

On Windows XP I setup a shortcut that has the following target: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res196.exe" -mods=@RTS3Core;@RTS3_1.4

When I launch the shortcut I get resistance multiplayer maps, but no others. Obviously I am either missing something or have my mods loading in the wrong order. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you're unzipping the RTS-3 Missions to your MPMissions folders and not putting them into Addons folders. The .pbo's with an Island name at the end is a mission, not an addon.

For future questions, please post them in the RTS-3 1.4 thread and let this thread die. Thanks