Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 1.0 build and conquer is out

Apollo, i am having the exact same problem, ive tried everything i can to get it to work but nothing has. i even tried it on another computer, exact same.

Also, i was just playing the RTS3 vietnam on map "SEB Ia drang valley", its the main vietnam map. i was hosting and i was on a lan with another person. i just got done building my base, and then he built a chinook and then crashed it on top of my base, so i took the cont. jeep to go and recycle it and as soon as i clicked recycle vehicle it took me right out to windows with no errors at all.

i hope we can get these problems solved. thanks

T MAN

i think my firsp problem is due to the fact that maybe these tank crew's were needed for the tanks and hadn't got included with the latest version.Though probably other's that had previous version's of RTS 3 may not have this problem since they arlready had gort that addon previously.

About youre remark about the chinook ,i had the exact same occurence in a vietnam game. The chinook took of then just stoped and stayed hoovering still about 100 meters above base.

edit: also a ctd for werm2crew

edit:

hah ,i think i found the addons we need:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/units

edit2: yep ,those first 3 are the tank crew's ,but now i have more missing addons.It isn't the ruscrew though ,the britcrew is in it ,will test wehrmacht.

will seek further.

Ahhh the wonderful world of rts. Seems like just yesterday we were driving all over the island to find junk vehicles to earn money.(original rts). Great work Karr you've really brought this thing a long way.

Quote[/b] ]and I started to notice the frame loss about the time we bombed it  

and yet we still lost

Thought we were using artillery. tounge_o.gif

Well, it crashed to windows again, same thing really, built my base, and had the ai on, so i was playing against ai general. well i just got done build my base again, the vc chinooks started coming in and they would just stop right above my base and fall right into my base. after awhile i had like 4 chinooks around my base, so i tried to recycle them again with the jeep, and it went to windows.

So i tried again with a buddy on my side this time. when the chinooks crashed i told him to recycle them and see what happenes, well it took me out to windows, no errors either, but he didnt go out to windows, he just lost connections to server "which was me".

Maybe it only does it on server side, i dunno? Any help will be appreciated.

ok i see.The crew's are from WWIIEC ,now i managed to download an update of the brit pack ,but since most of the DL links at WW2EC site are broken ,i cant find the german and russian packs that i think i need.

Since before my test the churchill's didn't work in editor ,and since britpack they do ,i am about sure that this addon must be forgottezn in the pack.No offence to Karrillion ,but i hope i can get these require addons.

seperate crew's for addon's are always a hassle.   sad_o.gif

btw ,i tried to update the needed addon's by connecting to karrilion's server with Ofpwatch on ,but then i noticed that karrillion's server doesnt have @@ no more.

Karrillion ,plz put the @@ function back on. sad_o.gif

You can get the addons from karrillions site too. Thats where i got them from and i got no errors (well, at least after i fixed 88.pbo and 2s19.pbo). Did you update to 1.1 and delelte the rts3addon.pbo?

I didn't try the vietnam version, so i can't say anything about that...

Quote[/b] ]You can get the addons from karrillions site too. Thats where i got them from and i got no errors

do you have other user made mods installed in the mod folder or default addon folder? Is ww2ec infantry part of that ,or old rts seperate addon's?

I updated to 1.1 and dint had that original rts3 file since i made clean install of ofp.

i can clearly proof that there were files not included ,or i must have made a major mistake at installing by missing a file. (and i reinstalled twice)

because when i tested the churchill tank after installation of the addons in editor ,it didnt work because of a missing crew .And when i found that crew addon on the net and installed it ,then that Churchill tank did work ,so it's clearly a case of missing addons.

The thing that i suspect is that you had previous versions of RTS installed ,and those crew's were included in there ,so when you updated the crew's stayd and it worked for you.Or you installed the crew's seperatly with some addon.

if just karrillion set's the auto-update function on his server on ,then i can download whats missing.

Yipee ,Karr's @@ server is online ,i can dl the missing files. biggrin_o.gif

Thank you Karrillion so much. wink_o.gif

Sorry, I was updating it with the new addon packs.

The crew and such that are used in WWII come from the Invasion 44 mod, but the RTS ww2 pack is set to exactly what u need for it.

@Tman, are you using 1.94? It could be there's a burn script or some other script running on those choppers so when it's deleted it'll crash you. If so, 1.94 I think fixes that. I'll test it to see if it does it to me.

Quote[/b] ]Thought we were using artillery. tounge_o.gif

well it comes down in the same fashion eh?

Quote[/b] ]You can get the addons from karrillions site too. Thats where i got them from and i got no errors

do you have other user made mods installed in the mod folder or default addon folder? Is ww2ec infantry part of that ,or old rts seperate addon's?

I use lots of other addons/mods (about 1gb of addons) but nothing from ww2 era. But i did install ww2 v2.0 only just a few minutes before i noticed 2.1 was out and updated to v2.1 then. But i just compared my addons folder with the v2.1 pack and i do not have an addon that is not present in the v2.1 pack in my rts3ww2 folder. If you think you are missing an addon you might download ofp watch and check on Karrillions server or LDD server to see if the "rts3 ww2" package is listed as a green circle.

Quote[/b] ]I updated to 1.1 and dint had that original rts3 file since i made clean install of ofp.

i can clearly proof that there were files not included ,or i must have made a major mistake at installing by missing a file. (and i reinstalled twice)

because when i tested the churchill tank after installation of the addons in editor ,it didnt work because of a missing crew .And when i found that crew addon on the net and installed it ,then that Churchill tank did work ,so it's clearly a case of missing addons.

I think our mapper said something about errors in the editor too, but the game works fine in mp nevertheless.

Quote[/b] ]The thing that i suspect is that you had previous versions of RTS installed ,and those crew's were included in there ,so when you updated the crew's stayd and it worked for you.Or you installed the crew's seperatly with some addon.

As i already said, i don't think so, as i did not install any ww2 addons previously and i just checked the updated from v2.0 to v2.1 folder against a fresh install of v2.1 and they are the same (except the biscamel which i delelted cause i already had it in my rts3 base folder).

Quote[/b] ]if just karrillion set's the auto-update function on his server on ,then i can download whats missing.

You can check on LDD server too.

damned ,i just can't get it to work.  sad_o.gif

I deinstalled and made a clean version of ofp-res (again) with 1.91 patch and installed all the addon's with @@ from the server.Made a shortcut and tried to run the ww2 mission.Same problem ,when the mission start's ,it CTD after about 3-5 seconds.Other version's all work.

I understand that the mission can run regardles of the problem's in the editor ,since one can declare other dependancy's in the config.My problem is that i can get in the briefing of the Skey WW2RTS mission and start the game ,but then it CTD's.If i would have missing addon ,i would normally get an error before i get in the briefing. (or i even wouldn't get there)

But it's so strange.I know ive done about everything right ,from a clean install on.It can't be a conflict with other addon's.

I tried patch 1.94 didn't work neither.

What patch are you guys using?

I use 1.94 and the -nomap command line parameter. Try that too. How much memory do you have?

Spec's ar Intel p4 2200mhz 512mb ram 128mb Geforce4 video card and more good stuff ,technicly more than enough to run this sorta stuff.

ill check the -nomap parameter ,is that for memmory mapping?

edit: tested the -nomap ,no worky neither sad_o.gif

KaRRiLLioN,

i went to your site again, and read it. and saw that you were running the v1.94 patch, so i said what the heck. So as sson as i did that, it worked like a charm. Now everything works perfect for me now. Plus i saw that u had updated the bootcamp 1.0 to 10a and boomtown 2.0 to 2.0a, and the WWII 2.1 to 2.1a. So i figured id download those again lol.

But yea, everyone has to have 1.94 for this to work it seems, Like KaRRiLLioN said I HIGHLY recommend v1.94 beta patch .

Thanks again for the RTS3 KaRRiLLioN

Apollo,

Here is exactly what i did.

Install v1.94 beta patch first. here is where i got mine http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=32;t=34403

ok, i didnt reinstall it, but what i did was i removed all my addons i had put in my addons folder and Res addons folder and keep the official addons up to 1.85 patch of resistance in the addons folder. go to see what those addons are here http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/index.htm then search for mod folder.

ok so i have nothing but the official addons in my addon folders. Ok now I made a folder called @RTS3 and made a shortcut of the Flashpointbeta, u can rename what ever u like, then go into the properties and put "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -mod=@RTS3 or whatever ur name of your folder is. make sure there is one space just like that.

OK, Inside the addons folder I made, I put every addon that i downloaded from his site in that addons folder, WWII everything, but just be sure to put the Razisland.pbo in the Res addons folder, dont know why, it just says so in the readme sooo. Put it in your addons folder u made as well "i did"....

Oh and i downloaded his missions pack as well on his site, and putthem in my MPmssions folder.

try that and see if it works.

Yep ,it works now due to the patch.I installed the patch previously to ,but i thought the patch reworked the ofp.exe file rather than make a new exe file ,so my shortcut with the parameter's didn't use the right exe.

Dumb of me ,sorry ,but now it works ,and great work karrillion. (and others) wink_o.gif

w00t!

Glad to hear it. smile_o.gif

BTW, to those using the OFP Watch Auto-addon manager, you may notice a discrepancy in the Mi26.pbo. Dont' be alarmed, it's just some strange glitch where a date or something on the file changed. The Mi26 isn't used anyway right now.

Do keep an eye out for updates to the RTS3 Addon since I'm trying to tweak out some issues.

When I updated Bootcamp addons 1 and 2, all I did was add in an auto-addon info block which tells it to extract it to a mod folder. I'll be doing the same for some of the other addon packs I have just so people can manage it all better.

Hi all !

I've got a problem when i want to play RTS. When i try to choose a map - for example rts3@ everon it says missing addon file 88.

I've downloaded the addons via the ofp watcher tool - what have i done wrong ?

Note : i'm using 1.94Beta ...

Thanks in advance !

Txs Karrilion

Really nice to play, but unfortunatly my pc cant take all these AI running around sad_o.gif and i start getting 5 fps.

About the missing 88, its the WW2 88flak cannon that does that.

hmmm, where can i get it ?

Isn't it in the auto addon ?

Thanks anyway !

Besides : Got that fps prob too. Running a xp2100 with 512mb ...

i need help! i cant join your server with the rts3 missions, it just sits there in "wait for server" scanning for it! why?! :(

@Hotkey: The 88.pbo was missing a dependency. I repaired it and updated the WWII pack yesterday with it. If you have the error, then just download the 88 from here and overwrite the one you have:

http://www.aggression.org/karr/88.zip

@Bonko the Sane: Are you having fps issues in coop or single player or multiplayer? If it's coop or SP, then don't enable more than a couple of AI squads on the computer controlled side. The top slot is the commander (although it'll automatically assign one too) and then enable maybe 1 or two more AI slots--those are the squad leaders. It can be challenging playing against only the AI commander as well.

If you're having issues in MP, then ask the commander to lower the AI limit. The AI limit is automatically adjusted depending upon the number of players anyway, unless you're the commander.

@the_stalker: What kind of internet connection do u have? If a game is in progress, then it might take you longer to join. We have 3 56k players who play a lot though, and they seem to connect ok.

i have cable, and i waited for it about *oh wait, editting* 15 minutes and it just hangs there, but i think i cant join this server, i tried another one playing an rts3 it got in but the ping there was 700 so it kicked me ???