Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 1.0 build and conquer is out

I don't have any problems, must be the combination of RTS + some other addon that causes that (that's my guess)

Besides that 2s19 caused problems at first i have no problems with rts3 modern. Haven't installed/tested vietnam/ww2 though.

Well I was stunned by the AIs INTELLIGENCE (heh) and by their speed! I was still building up my defences and had just made ONE Dragonfly when what do I see,hear and FEEL coming accross the plain? a T-80,a BMP,2 MI-2s,an MI-17, and a squad of Spetznatz floating down on me. The game'd been running for no more than 5 minutes at this point. It's probably just me being crap and I'm sure it's actually good for the AI to be so aggressive.I remember playing one of the earlier RTS' and ending it in the space of 5mins, now it's really good.Nice work smile_o.gif

How are you supposed to use the B61?? I tried dropping it from 1000m altitude, 2000m,2500 and 3000 and every time I got blasted to kingdom come crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif . Is it supposed to be a kamikaze AI type weapon?

Poor me... sad_o.gif

I can't get the WW2 addon pack to download...

How are you supposed to use the B61

try ejecting when dropping it its a little trick ive learned with the nuke

To drop the nuke be about say 1,000 feet min. good bombing alt is 1500 i have found

OR... fly LOW (around 300m) and as soon as you can lock on and drop the nuke, take a dive and try to fly behind a hill or a mountain, it's tricky if the other base's AA is firing at you, but is worth it to save that 200k bomber.

RTS-3 version 1.1 is out.

The RTS-3 addon has been broken down into two addons. One is RTS3CoreAddon.pbo. This contains all the core RTS buildings and vehicles, like the MCU and Construction jeeps.

The other is RTS3VehicleAddon.pbo. This creates east side vehicles from the F18 and F15. This version is NOT needed for the non-addons versions of RTS.

In the new RTS mission pack, there is a non-addons version of Everon which needs the Core addon. I wanted to make it completely addons-free, but it really unbalances things because the non-addons buildings have armor values that range from very high to almost nothing. The Core addon is very small though. This way you can play RTS without downloading 100+ MB of addons. I'll have some more versions out later.

The RTS WW2 pack version 2.1 is out. Ubermaus and Ubermensch got permission from addon makers to make many of the WW2 tanks more realistic in relation to each other. Some of the tanks had unrealistic weapon and armor power, etc. Many of them also had mass values that were so low a jeep could push them around. They are all much better now. I would recommend that you make a mod folder with only the RTS WWII stuff in it and keep it separate from your other WWII addons just to be on the safe side. After testing with it, I can say that it's a lot more realistic in the tank battles now.

I fixed a few exploits and improved a few other things as well.

Make sure that you DELETE your old RTS3 WWII pack, DELETE ANY old RTS3 addons, i.e. RTS3Addon.pbo, RTS3BetaX.pbo so you won't have any conflicts.

Get it all at http://www.aggression.org/karr.html

Lol, i just went to your site a few hours ago and saw it by chance, so i had it installed on my server before your message here biggrin_o.gif

Why did you rename the rts3addon.pbo, though? Now i have to tell all my players to delete it manually instead of letting ofp watch handle the update all by itself sad_o.gif

Cool, downloading it now.

As for UA and RTS: yes, all that is possible. We did design UA to be mp-friendly with very low lag.

In "idle mode", UA runs server side 2 scripts with ~10 loops, 1 control script for each asset at ~1 loops, and 1 command script (the acquire/release stuff) at ~10 loops.

However:

To work properly, the UA units shouldn't be in a player group.

Currently the mobile units aren't mobile in MP. That is, they can move, but the interface command system won't recognize when a unit can move. This will be fixed in the next patch. Until then, they're static units, or you can write your own move commands. (just set cocifa%o = 2).

They're not laggy any more than four or six tanks firing shells are laggy. Well, the MLRS's effect field will probably send desync to hell. But it's probably nowhere near as bad as some of the "Cluster Bomb strikes" I've endured in RTS previous games. But you definitely need to make it expensive as hell and put a cap on the number of assets, for gameplay reasons if none other.

Currently, the safezone system is externally applied. That is, you have to script a check to see if the aimpoints are within prohibited areas, and then move them out. I'll put an internal system (set an array to safezone locs) in the next build.

One thing we did put in was a gamelogic to limit artillery spotting to 900m of the observer's location. (actually, there is a variable that controls this). This was designed for the CTI/RTS crowd who wanted observers to be within visual range of their targets.

As for who observes: there are several ways to do this. You can do it all manually by an exec: [player, player] exec "\CoC_Arty\scripts\openmenu.sqs". Alternatively, in addition to buying artillery pieces, you can force the commander to buy CoC_Radios (_radio = "CoC_Radio" createvehicle [x,y,z]).

I'm thinking of a way to work UA in to the modern version of RTS.

Most likely it'll be an asset that is only given once after the entire base is built, and if it's destroyed, then it's gone forever, or something like that. I'm still thinking of something for balance.

The high altitude drop of the b61 can work - I would add that not continuing on the same course as the bomb is advised; i.e. release and loop away, or release and hard turn out of there. Be as far away from the blast when that initial flash of it goes off, then you will not get blasted. And speed is your friend... Oh and avoid flying into the radar...

must add - ww2 tanks are much much better now.

Just noticed two addon problems:

-biscamel.pbo is a duplicate, once in bca20.zip and once in bcww2_2.1.zip

-88.pbo is broken. It can be fixed by adding the dependency on vulcan to it's config.cpp (similar to the missing bradley dependency in 2s19.pbo).

Besides that it's great biggrin_o.gif

AHA! So that's the problem with those addons? That's right, the Bradley and Vulcan are official addons that aren't in the main thingy.

I'll fix it.

Background: I have a linux server, so i can't be sure if linux is pickier about it's addons or if (both linux and windows) dedicated servers are. But some addons work in the addons folder but not in a modfolder. And some do not even work in the addons folder. As i put everything in modfolders on my server i am effected by every addon which has missing dependencies as missions will stop working when i install such an addon.

With 2s19.pbo (and now with 88.pbo) some missions stopped working. Fro what i have seen in the config.cpp, the 2s19 uses bradley ammunition as a basis for its ammo and the 88 uses the vulcan as a basis. After i put the required addons into the dependency of those addons they worked again. So far i have encountered no error messages anymore smile_o.gif

We tested ww2 v1.1 yesterday and it's great. RTS is definitively an addition to my server that i am very happy about. Thanks Karrillion.

I'm just glad you told me how to fix those. I've been trying to figure it out for a while now. I never thought about the fact that the Vulcan and Bradley were addons that came about later and are in the addons folder. For that reason it's necessary to put a dependency entry in them.

Glad you like WWII. We've been playing the heck out of it lately, although there seems to be an issue with one of the planes or something. I think there must be a messed up script loop in one of the new AIA planes that causes everyone to start getting massive frame loss. I'm assuming it's one of the new AIA planes, i.e. the ME109 or the Spitfire, because I created two new Battlefield maps for WWII, and when the plane spawns suddenly things start lagging. It doesn't happen every time, but it's happened enough times now that I'm beginning to wonder.

Last night while playing RTS WWII, I started noticing bad frame loss about the time that our base started getting bombed. smile_o.gif

and I started to notice the frame loss about the time we bombed it biggrin_o.gif

and yet we still lost mad_o.gif

Это будет Victor. (This is Victor)

My New name will not be allowed to post in the thread in which this was initialy my nehphews.

Great work. Where is the squad creation? You said something about the HQ doing it, where? Heh, unless it has takin a league of absence for the time being?

I personally havn't checked it in a few days considering the overwhelmin amount of work I get the privilige to swim in recently.

Annywayz, Guten Arbeit!

L8erz!

Veecchhhtoor

I'm just glad you told me how to fix those. I've been trying to figure it out for a while now. I never thought about the fact that the Vulcan and Bradley were addons that came about later and are in the addons folder. For that reason it's necessary to put a dependency entry in them.

Hooray! Now there's at least three of us now that know the importance, nay, compulsoryness (is that a word?) of properly specifying requiredAddons in the configs. Keep spreading the word! smile_o.gif

Karr, did you know that there's a newer version of Hawk's 2s19 piece? Nowadays its "hwk_2s19" to comply with the OFPEC Tag system. Its a moving target and he updates it every now and then, but the latest version seems to always be at hwk_2s19.zip

Back to RTS:ing! Its marvellous, K! biggrin_o.gif

Hooray! Now there's at least three of us now that know the importance, nay, compulsoryness (is that a word?) of properly specifying requiredAddons in the configs. Keep spreading the word! smile_o.gif

All thanks has to go to Killswitch actually, the little i know about config editing i learned from him.

Quote[/b] ]Karr, did you know that there's a newer version of Hawk's 2s19 piece? Nowadays its "hwk_2s19" to comply with the OFPEC Tag system. Its a moving target and he updates it every now and then, but the latest version seems to always be at hwk_2s19.zip

Cool, downloading right now. But i guess to make it work with rts you have to edit rts too?!? BTW: is it ok to make rts missions for other islands as well? Is there anything one should be careful about?

Quote[/b] ]Back to RTS:ing! Its marvellous, K! biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, i am getting a new faster server, mostly because of rts and cti. Damn you Karrillion, you make me a poor man wink_o.gif

I've known about dependencies for a while, but I never saw what they were in those .pbo's until you guys pointed it out, heh.

@Benu

Sure, edit to your heart's content. I tried to make it all as plug-n-play as possible. The RTS3-Arrays-Units.sqs contains all of the buildable units, and all of the units that the AI builds, etc. The other scripts shouldn't need changing unless you're adding more researchable items, then there needs to be some var checks in the RTS3-Research script.

I'll take a look at the new 2s19. I'll probably have another modern addons update sometime soon since we've had a few new Soviet jets made. So long as they can sort of hang with the F-18's and F-15's then I might get rid of the east versions of those west jets finally.

Also, John updated his King Tiger and released his Elefant. That guy is a WW2 addon-making machine! As a result I'll probably look at another WW2 update within a few weeks. I need to figure out how to trim the size of that pack though. 170MB is getting a bit hefty. On the good side though, it's great to have for all of the Battlefield WW2's and CTF's etc. so all of the stuff is in one pack rather than having to snag it from all over the place, as I did when assembling the WWII pack. There's a lot of great WWII stuff out there, it's just so many different people making it that it's somewhat fragmented.

One of my players just said that some of the houses on sky show up as enemy installations and get attacked by ai. I haven't tested it myself but we have another rts2 ww2 evening scheduled for tonight wink_o.gif

I have noticed that as well. I'm not sure why it does that since I'm sure the classtypes are different, even though it's based upon the same model. It didn't do this in the old addon, even though I didn't change much with regards to that.

Wonderfull mod.

Now i have 1 problem.I can make the vietnam version and modern version of RTS 3 to work ,but the WW2 version always crashes just on start.

I have installed all the files in one mod directory.I get no erors at start.I made a clean install of OFP just to test if it was something els.After new installation i have still the same problem.I have tested it under patch 1.91 and 1.94 ,problem persists.I tried by installing the ww2 addons in a seperate mod folder ,problem stays.

Now i quite don't know what the problem is.I think it's either a dependancy that Skey island needs ,or a problem with the mission itself.

The exact situation goes like this.I startup ofP with ww2rts ,go to mp and pick skey island rts3 mission with ww2.I can get in the briefing ,when i start the game i see about 3 seconds of the game ,i see the mhq but then the game suddently crashes to desktop.

Help plz ,i really want that ww2 rts version to work.

edit: skey visland works ,tested that.i went into the mission editor and placed all unit's in supplyed addons sepertaly one by one in the editor to test them.

When i got to the churchill tanks ,i got a ctd and an error message "invalid crew brittk1"

guess i have to find those tank crews.... but wwII EC is offline... and i don't know the author....

edit2: also get an error: ivalid crew ruscrew...

Did you try to join a dedicated server? They sometimes show WHICH addons are missing just before they drop them. So if you are really missing an addon this may be a way to find out which one.

Otherwise you could try to run with the -nomap command line parameter and see if that helps.