Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacobaby

1.94 **hotfix** ded. server problems

Guest jacobaby

Guys,

We experienced a couple more crashes tonight while playing, crash files have been sent to support.

It seemed to happen around mission end/ debrief time.

Also, and im not CERTAIN of this, but it seemed to me that missions which have GROUP respawn, now had SIDE respawn or even full respawn, but as another unit. I didnt have time to play long enough to confirm this, so maybe some others could test it out?

TJ

I've also seen some real lag when the debriefing is displayed and there is group respawn. I thought it might be some of the new BAS addons but missions with respawn for individuals works fine.

Mine doesn't crash but lags to the point where you have to kill from the taskmanager.

Hoz

I found 1.94 absolutely unstable. When I fist installed it it crashed within minutes with memory erros. So off it came. When Server Version 1.94b was released I installed it, but that semi-frooze our nightly CTI Game. So off it came too- 1.93c back on and the server runs great.

I have also had similar problems with 1.94 for my and my sons PC - so I rather wait for 1.95

Yesterday night while playing on BDs server the server crashed each time while we played Desert Ambush co-op when ever anyon tried to blow the satchels and all of us had 1.94 rock.gifsad_o.gif

I confirm at least the "server crashing when player misses addons" bug for linux servers (without the hotfix, as that is not yet available for linux).

Ill confirm the server crashing when player joins with missing addons or if a mission is select and the player doesnt have the addons.  I have also notice the server crash at the end of missions, at the debriefing.  However, I cant determine if its related to a single mission or not. We run the linux server with the 1.94 beta patch.  This doesnt look good at all.  In fact we gotta lock the server down to keep ppl from joining while we play.  Otherwise, somebody with missing addons will join and the server will croke!!!!

Guest jacobaby

Pleae ensure you are talking about the 1.94 HOTFIX server version.

We played last night with little or no errors.

TJ

If i select a mission and the player does not have the addons he just drops from my server, like he did before. But if i am already playing a mission and a player joins who does not have the addons, the server crashes. Happened 3 times yesterday, after that i locked it, but that's not really a solution as it keeps players out of the server. I am considering going back to 1.93b...

Quote[/b] ]

Pleae ensure you are talking about the 1.94 HOTFIX server version.

Wow! I noticed later they snuck out another fix;that was quick.  I thought this was still on 1.94 beta, sorry.  I only noticed the mentioned issues on the linux beta version 1.94.  I dont think there is a HotFix for linux yet.

Quote[/b] ]I dont think there is a HotFix for linux yet.

You are rigth. Oh, ... wait a second .... smile_o.gif you were right.

Quote[/b] ]I dont think there is a HotFix for linux yet.

You are rigth. Oh, ... wait a second .... smile_o.gif you were right.

Cool, now i can have the same crashes that TJ has with linux too tounge_o.gif

Thanks for the update, installing right now...

So far no problems at the end of a mission/debriefing with the linux hotfix version. In fact no problem at all so far smile_o.gif