Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

A working dog yayayayay

I think some wolves would fit nicely in Kolgujev, how about some Lions for Tonal biggrin_o.gif .

Finally we can have The Lion King in OFP. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

anyway to get a mechwarrior to walk with these same princlpals? that would make this game -- for lack of words better than it is but it is already the best game around.

Great Job!!

anyway to get a mechwarrior to walk with these same princlpals? that would make this game -- for lack of words better than it is but it is already the best game around.

Great Job!!

I think someone is working on an AT-AT walker (Star Wars).

A few little touches I would like to see to this already incredible addon:

- Custom dog icon

- Custom voice "woof!" "grrr!"

- Custom sit animation

- The Salute command removed

- As everyone has suggested, bite animation and ability for AI dogs to automatically bite (I would suggest looking at the Zombie scripts in the Skye Virus mission)

- The perspective of the dog changed so you're not looking through the model when playing the dog (dunno if this is even possible, and I know the dog is primarily designed as an AI character)

Just a few stray thoughts...

Bah, imagine mission:

DOG's life smile_o.gif

It would be nice if TeaCup makes a Crocodile with animations it would fit very well in SEB Nam Pack or BAS Tonal Pack man that would be cool when you cross the rivers by foot biggrin_o.gif

Guest ####

Well I think the next animal should be a horse or cow. Either would be cool.

Cuh-lord have mercy. That dog is fuckin' brilliant.

Good work.

Next animal's that should be made are:

Wild Pigs(for hunting)

Deer(for hunting)

and Crocodile's, or Aligators.

God damn, that would complete my life.

Sighthounds are way cool, but a rescue greyhound? Yeah, the big-ass ribcage would look good as a greyhound, but damn, as much as I like them, you don't want one of those doing anything but running fast after small furry things.

How about the guys who were working on dino/Jurassic Park stuff?

T-Rex and Raptors...oh yes! Some great mission possibilities... wink_o.gif

Bad palce to ask, I know, but are thier any tutorials on how to make your own OFP PEOPLE animations? I have looked but I can't find one. Sorry if this is wrong time/place to ask.

Very nice TeaCup, who is going to make a Resident evil style mission with these dogs? smile_o.gif

RED

Hi all

Just a thought. Are there not loads of existing animations for animals and other stuff in Maya. Dont realy know the program. If so could they be converted to OFP?

Kind Regards Walker

AHHH what an addon superb !

What we need now for the winter maps is a dog sled pulled by 6 dogs. Even better we could have wolf packs roaming the forests. Howling through the long winter nights lol biggrin_o.gif

Great work guys tounge_o.gif

This is a great addon. It's cool in so many ways. It's innovative... it's SMALL! Both good things.

Two things I'd like to see for a unit like this. The ability to assist in detection/tracking enemies, perhaps turning in the direction of a threat and barking. It'd be cool to use a dog to track someone through the woods or something while you can't see them...

... The other issue is that the dog runs as fast as a person. I tried to change it, I don't think you can. Anyhow. A dog like that should really be able to run quite a bit faster. That's a minor gripe though really.

Cheers to teacup and kevbaz.

Some more idea's for the dog:

When a soldier in Ofp spot's a target first then he reports that to the team.Maybe you could use that as trigger to set barking on instead of really reporting ,and possible you could also use the Clock hour it say's (for ex. 4 a clock 200) as direction to where the dog looks like.

Another action might be to order him to distract for ex. guards by moving to a certain position and bark away ,rendering the attention of the guards. (There are dog's smart enough to do this)

Give the dog's animation's to be cute (at peacefull times) ,like when you move youre hand over his back (don't know the apropiate english for this ,i guess it's cuddle) he start to lay on his back so that you can culldle his belly and then he's all happy. (hey you could even add a tammagochi element to this addon)

Give them Clasic names ,like Rambo ,rocky , Young Yeller ,Barky ,Wolfy ,... .It gives you more the impression that they have a personality ,and that they are your able friend in the battlefield.

Afcourse ,many other interrestiong's actions already propossed in this topic for dog annimiations have my support.There are many posibilety's for animal's in general if it comes to animation's.

Most notably ,i want to thank the fine addon maker's making this possible ,for opening the gate's to yet again a new and highly interresting area of OFP addon making.Youre addon is groundbraking ,and will (most hopefully) spawn a rush of animal addon making and scripting.

Is there any news about the dog yet?

Im waiting unpaciantly wink_o.gif

Hi all

Thanks for your encouragements and suggestions. Both will help transform this test into a fully fledged addon. We (Colonel Klink is helping me with it) don't have a deadline, but i hope we can make a decent addon out of it by Christmas smile_o.gif

I don't know if there are any freely available animation libraries with dogs for Maya; i kind'a doubt it. But if you know such resources, it might be worth giving it a try.

As for animating other things (humans, cows, crocs and Godzilla himself), i really don't have the time. All i can do is share the tools (give me a few days) i used to animate this pooch. After all, what i like about this modding community, is it's "do it yourself" attitude  wink_o.gif

Guest ####

This dog need excessories too. Here are some ideas:

- doggie bed

- Squeeky toys

- Bone

- a doggie rain coat