Sign in to follow this  
pappavis

Cowanted: island making tutorial for absolute n00b

Hi peeps.

After more than 1,5 years of nearly daily OFP playing I decided to try to make my own island.  My first attempt was sucessfull using Terragen, Wilbur and WrpEdit.

Reliable sources said that I should rather use Visitor for this purpose becos it is apparntely a lot easier.  It isn't.

The problem is... I found the Quickie Guide to Creating an Island for Visitor however it does not work.  I do exactly as prescribed.  Instead of seeing a island in the righthand display, it is still just blank.  No island.

This is driving me nuts! crazy_o.gif

Is there anyone out there who have a tutorial for a complete noobie in island making?  Not only do I want to create the fyiscal island but also add a few buildings onto it.  The island doens't have to be fancy, just a start.

Can someone perhaps help me with a very basic tutorial?

On this link yo can vind the

Pappavis OFP downloads whic is a example of my desert island made in WrpEdit.  Now show me how to make this in Visitor, please?

While the WRPtool manual has a lot of WRPtool-specific content, there is also a lot of content that is not WRPtool-only in nature. Read through the manual as a lot of effort has been put into adding nearly all the details needed to build a wrp for OFP. Some of the process information can also be used for WRPedit and Visitor. For those apps however, you do need to do a fair amount of sifting and gather the details and faqs and vocab lists from here and the Editor's depot over at ofpec.

Visitor 'used' to be easier, but now the WRPEdit has a road tool and copy&paste abilities I don't think there's anything in it. WRP is probably easier because it has English writing, not Chex...